motorhome carp anglers ????

Discussion in 'Best Campsites for Chilling Out' started by 6028alan, Apr 6, 2018.

1. 6028alan

6028alan

Ratings:
    +3
    hi everybody ...... recent new member with a passion for carp angling in france. Hence the purchase of a motorhome so I can park it next to some rivers and lakes , mainly in france. and fish ! Any club members have a similar interest ?

• Like it Like it x 2
  2. laurieash

laurieash Funster

Ratings:
    +714
    Yes I have a dabble on the Barragems in Portugal.
    Most fight like he'll as most never been caught before slim not fat lumps fed on boileys.

• Like it Like it x 1
  3. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

Ratings:
    +5,501
    I'm probably the wrong person to ask. I love fishing in France but spend most of my time trying to avoid catching carp! I believe that carp are the only fish you are allowed to fish for at night over there?

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. Jammel1980

Jammel1980 Funster

Ratings:
    +113
    Full timer here, have been carp fishing since I could walk, but recently, (last 2 years), I have got heavily into predator fishing with lures / spinners in freshwater and saltwater, much more fun and active than carp fishing, but I still love the carp.

5. Smith and Sharp

Smith and Sharp Funster

Ratings:
    +9,653
    Me too, love fishing for tench but as always you never know what your going to get.. .

Cought on sweetcorn on a chateau lake on a 3.5lb hook length.... took a little while to coax in ..:D2

A4DEEAE4-504A-44F1-BBAE-0573EFC86D14.jpeg

• Like it Like it x 3
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  6. 6028alan

6028alan

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for replies .... i say carp fishing , but i love fishing the rivers .... for anything really. Just looking for any recommended spots where I can park up riverside and fish

7. DBK

DBK Funster

Ratings:
    +23,943
    Welcome! We stayed at an aire beside the Yonne last year and there were a few carp anglers there. It may be a river but it is more like a wide canal. It is slightly north of Gurgy and listed on the Campercontact website or in their app as #2067.

8. 6028alan

6028alan

Ratings:
    +3
    ok ... thanks for that . the river Yonne is a great carp river ,.. will have a look at that aire

9. treetops1

treetops1 Funster

Ratings:
    +2,050
    The fishing in France i find brilliant ,Lots of places to fish .Personally i like the river Aisne which i think you can catch about everything .most big fish never caught before .There is big fish to be had along its length .But them that fancy fishing in France make sure you get your Carte De PECHE (Licence). If they catch you fishing without a licence they confiscate your gear for a couple of weeks ,which means most go home without getting there gear back ,plus a fine .This year my Annual licence was 96 euros , I think the weekly one is about 36 Euros.Enjoy lol

10. 6028alan

6028alan

Ratings:
    +3
    Yes , I have the carte de peche as I've fished in france for 20 yrs +n , but now with my newly acquired camper i want to fish more rivers and public waters where i can park right next to the water and have alittle luxury instead of a small bivvy

• Nice One! Nice One! x 1