Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi All,
what Motorhome/Camping clubs are you in? We have been looking across the piste of clubs, however a bit spoilt for choice.

What one(s) are you a member of and what makes that one a good one - benefits, etc.

All recommendations (and most importantly, why) greatly appreciated.:thumb:

Regards,

Trikeman.:winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, i think they all have something to offer. ::bigsmile:

We have been with the Camping and Caravanning Club the longest.
Don't really use club site, but they have the C S sites 5 vans, temporary holiday sites all over the country in the summer, don't have to book just turn up. :thumb:
They have a breakdown service that we don't use, but has no restrictions on size, no good for us, as they only cover 90 day trips in europe, but we use their insurance travel / house.

We have been members of the Motor Caravanners Club, bit behind the times, but have some good rallies, not many of sites for members to stay on, but made some good friends in the time we were with them.:Smile:

Joined the Caravan Club this year, not because we also have a caravan, because they have a brilliant CL network 5 van sites, we were members 20 years or more ago, and then we never used club sites and the same now. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

But it does P!55 me off, when they say oh you have up graded to a caravan. :RollEyes::Angry:

So the choice is yours, they all have benefits. :thumb: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Caravan Club?

With our caravan we were never disappointed with the Caravan Clubs own sites but their affiliated ones aren't always so good. The toilet/shower blocks/facilities are always well appointed & clean & the wardens are always there for help if needed. The monthly magazine is informative but very biased towards caravans which is a bit ironic as we have seen a huge increase in the number of motorhomes on sites this year even for families. The pitches are a bit dear in school holiday periods but some good offers off peak. Now we have a small motorhome we will be able to enjoy their large network of CLs again as had too many close shaves with small gateways & a large caravan trying them before! Thinking of joining Brit Stops & France Passion or similiar - any advice would be appreciated.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
After almost a year of consistent terrible issues with the CC we gave up .. A few years later I joined the C &CC primarily to get discounts on things like Ferry prices etc, and have been VERY surprised at how good the whole set up is in comparison ..
No issues ( just the opposite in fact ) with wardens, prices, sites or any other contact we have had with them.

We also regularly look at joining the Motorhome Club and also the Motorcaravan club..

I have no experience of either of the above, but they ( so far ) have offered anything better / more than we already get from CCC ( CCC call themselves the friendly one.. A rare thing for me, but for once I actually agree with a company motto :winky: )

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Better than a campsite for overnighting !

With our caravan we were never disappointed with the Caravan Clubs own sites but their affiliated ones aren't always so good. The toilet/shower blocks/facilities are always well appointed & clean & the wardens are always there for help if needed. The monthly magazine is informative but very biased towards caravans which is a bit ironic as we have seen a huge increase in the number of motorhomes on sites this year even for families. The pitches are a bit dear in school holiday periods but some good offers off peak. Now we have a small motorhome we will be able to enjoy their large network of CLs again as had too many close shaves with small gateways & a large caravan trying them before! Thinking of joining[HI] Brit Stops [/HI]& France Passion or similiar - any advice would be appreciated.

Very useful, just to get the wheels turning for a couple of days or so !:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I must be a joiner I belong to the main 4 .but the best one is still this one.:thumb:

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Caravan Club: 1. for the best site facilities; 2. for the best (but expensive) continental insurance (Red Pennant) where they sort it all out for you; 3. for the best UK recovery, because it covers our car as well.

Camping & Caravanning Club: 1. for many sites as good as CC, though the facilities, though excellent, are less 'plush' revealing their camping origins perhaps; 2. for the discounted site rates for decrepit oldies off peak and, in some cases, high season as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back