Motorhome Buying Advice please (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Free Member
Aug 1, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Shortly starting a job where the commute will be too long. Thinking of buying a MH instead of using digs. Ideally would like one that could take my family (5 of us) on the occasional holiday, at the same time it would be a shame to drive something too big to and from work. Are there any reasonably compact homes that can seatbelt 5 or would a better option be a smaller vehicle with an awning which could be used to sleep in ? May be difficult to seatbelt 5 in something like this I expect. No experience of these vehicles so any advice would be welcome. Thanks for reading.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi Adrian
Welcome to Fun(y) Sounds like a decent sized caravan with a camping site season pitch might be a better and cheaper option for you, its what I do, that way you can travel cheaply in the car and have the caravan sited cheaply for the season and also have your awning out permanently. Some sites are as cheap as £30 a week for a season ticket(y)

OP
OP
A

Adrian

Free Member
Aug 1, 2014
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Thanks for that Tim, yes this would be a decent solution - thing is now I'm looking at some vehicles on sale, I'm kind of getting keen on the idea as we will be holidaying in the U.K. for the foreseeable future (airport and 3 young un's - Nah!). The other thing is the way we do it at the moment - a Zafira absolutely crammed and a enormous tent which is a mare to put up/down is rapidly loosing it's appeal. So are there any vehicles out there that anyone could recommend that seatbelt 5 but aren't too big ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
He he I know what you mean, my old caravan is work only thing, now I have a motorhome there is no way I would go back to a caravan for weekends and holidays(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back