Free Member
Aug 1, 2012
sussex
Funster No
MH
swift gazelle f59
Exp
Im a newbie
We bought a swift gazelle 4 weeks ago. We used it for a couple of days and loved it. With the van packed to go to Hayling Island we broke down 2 miles from home.Back to the garage we bought it from and it needed a new fuel pump,cambelt,and pistons! Just got it back after 2 weeks and hoping to use it this weekend. Wish us luck

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We certainly do wish you the best of luck just put it behind you and begin to enjoy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry to hear of your troubles, now I can envisage a cambelt breaking and bending a valve or two (but no mention of new valves), maybe even smashing some pistons but cannot see for the life of me how it would affect the fuel pump. unless of course it was always just the fuel pump but the last thing they checked? So come on you motor engineers out there help me out please. I trust it was all done under warranty. Hopefully you will now have some trouble free motoring to look forward to.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry to hear of your troubles, now I can envisage a cambelt breaking and bending a valve or two (but no mention of new valves), maybe even smashing some pistons but cannot see for the life of me how it would affect the fuel pump. unless of course it was always just the fuel pump but the last thing they checked? So come on you motor engineers out there help me out please. I trust it was all done under warranty. Hopefully you will now have some trouble free motoring to look forward to.:thumb:
Mechanical fuel pump driven off the cam? Still doesn't follow completely. Equally new pistons without other bits like valves, cam followers? etc doesn't sound like the full story.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh what rotten luck! Fingers crossed everything will be fine now and you'll have a great time. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
Good luck!:thumb:
Life with a motorhome can certainly be a torrid affair.
I developed a real love-hate relationship with my last, though the bad times are soon forgotten. I cried the day we bought it and I cried the day it went...:cry:
Hope you're all fixed now and happy motorhoming.::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

could mean the water pump Roger.

normal practise to fit a new pump when the belt is renewed.

belt valves are a forgone when the belt snaps if its an 'interference' engine...which this is.

just shows the importance of checking cam belt history with a newly purchased van.

had it been a private sale the cost would have been £1300 > £1500

Last edited:

Kayold

Free Member
Oct 23, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
1 year M/H, caravans 20+ yrs
Look on the bright side, had you bought it privately you would have lost your hol and made a big hole in your pocket! Hope all goes well now the teething troubles are out of the way!

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Your first mistake was heading for Hayling Island.............

£20 a night they're trying to charge on the West carpark ....................pfffttt

:ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Maggie May and welcome to fun, now that its all fixed up lets hope you get fun all the way. :welcomefunster:

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
its on ward and up wards totally mobile now
good luck

do your weekly maintenance checks to keep it that way :thumb:

are you going to Malvern show next we

Ian F