Motorhome basin replacement (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Some times it's difficult to locate items for older vans unfortunately. My hand basin was a blown plastic basin which was very thin and over time developed a crack. I managed to fiberglass the underneath which solved the problem for a while. Then one day talking to a neighbour that works with fiberglass I asked him if he could make a new basin. He said that if I removed the bowl he could make a mould and produce a better one in a colour of my choice. The end result was great. Perhaps you could look at finding a fiberglass workshop near you.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
5 years
There are 2 places I've used before for motorhome basin replacements, both were great and supplied products that fit perfectly and looked & performed better than the originals (whiter, more rigid, etc.):

Caravan Panels - their website is:

GRP leisure - contact through their Facebook site:

They may be able to match yours with a photo or you may have to browse through their range until you find it, as I did.

Upvote 0
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Another vote for GRP Leisure…Derek is a .lovely guy He was recommended by another funster and he did a fantastic job so we have recommended him to quite a few other funsters.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back