Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi I am looking for a good indoor digital ariel for the MH I dont want fit a status because it is only for occasional use any suggestions.
Thanks

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I bought one called moonraker on recommendation of narrow boat chap I spoke to. Excellent can't fault it. About £40 on ebay.
Later saw factory recons for £25 ish
Just use when trees block sat signal. Not let me down yet
Sorry it is outdoor sucker stick to side of van.
Just reread your op!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We use Avtex STH3000 work well in the UK generally just stick it in the window, only one had to put it outside as good as the through roof Vision Status. Bit iffy abroad, although did get the Euros when in Rouen, bought about 2 yrs ago, worth shopping around.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just to make a wee correction.. There is no such thing as a digital aerial.. There are active aerials and broad band aerials but although a lot of people SAY they are flogging a digital aerial it is just a broadband jobby. There is absolutely nothing special about then at all.
Getting right down to the basics most are just bits of ally and plastic.. There are, as said, some active antennas that have a wee broadband amplifier in them but thats it..

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
If your van is a panel van or aluminium clad the chances of any aerial working indoors is pretty slim. Your best option is one attached outdoors by suckers as suggested.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Avtex sth3000, excellent, had for 3 yrs now been all over the country and the only place I couldn't get a signal was at the Bolton abbey site, up at a CL nr Carlisle surrounded by trees and still got 120 channels

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just to make a wee correction.. There is no such thing as a digital aerial.. There are active aerials and broad band aerials but although a lot of people SAY they are flogging a digital aerial it is just a broadband jobby. There is absolutely nothing special about then at all.
Getting right down to the basics most are just bits of ally and plastic.. There are, as said, some active antennas that have a wee broadband amplifier in them but thats it..
Excellent information @Jaws. Innit good when someone really knows what they're talking about.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
I also have been using the Avtex one with the sucker and built-in signal amplifier for about 3 years.

When not in the van it is currently in daily use inside my house.

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
I also have been using the Avtex one with the sucker and built-in signal amplifier for about 3 years.

When not in the van it is currently in daily use inside my house.
Another vote for the Avtex, we have never bothered to put ours up outside the van just stick it on something or rest in the window, tune in and usually get really good signal without having to do any adjustments. Have only been a couple of times when we could not get a very good picture, and once in the Lake District no picture. Would recommend the Avtex.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back