Motorhome and Caravan Club - Worth Joining? (3 Viewers)

Deleted User
I think they are valid questions.

Nobody to my knowledge has ever made any effort whatsoever to answer them with verifiable supporting information.

You have not looked very hard then, as I said in my previous posts, links to the 'verifiable supporting information' have been posted many times.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@matamoros as a dedicated lefty you should be horrified at a private organisation holding 40 million notes in the bank :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
You have not looked very hard then, as I said in my previous posts, links to the 'verifiable supporting information' have been posted many times.

Links to CC marketing have been posted loads. If anyone has ever posted specific answers to the questions I asked in post #81 I must have missed them. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction with some links?

Upvote 0

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
@matamoros as a dedicated lefty you should be horrified at a private organisation holding 40 million notes in the bank :LOL:

Ah @NickNick - that's where you are wrong us old fashioned "declared lefties" believe in saving for a rainy day :)

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ah @NickNick - that's where you are wrong us old fashioned "declared lefties" believe in saving for a rainy day :)

I dunno.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Grenville's next company car is going to be a Concorde Liner?

:D2

Upvote 0

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
W

Why?.....at least it's not going into the a**e pockets of some slimeball aristo:)

Or even ending up in the wallets of the fat cats who have robbed so many pension funds under the pretext of "taking over" businesses & social style clubs!!:mad:

Upvote 0

Deleted User
Links to CC marketing have been posted loads. If anyone has ever posted specific answers to the questions I asked in post #81 I must have missed them. Perhaps you could point me in the right direction with some links?

Sneaky bit of editing there on #81:)

The links are there if you do a search and read the documents, if I can rouse myself from my retirement lethargy I may well point you in the right direction:D

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Sneaky bit of editing there on #81:)

The links are there if you do a search and read the documents, if I can rouse myself from my retirement lethargy I may well point you in the right direction:D

Edited when?

Upvote 0

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I dunno.

Is there any truth in the rumour that Grenville's next company car is going to be a Concorde Liner?

:D2

Unlikely - he died in 1765 Oh Please!! ;)

Upvote 0

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
The most significant difference to us as members of both clubs is that the Camping and Caravanning Club have a significant age concession for pensioners. Go to any of their sites and get your membership cards accredited with the age concession for a 25% saving.
The CRVan & Motorhome club don't do anything similar.
It cost us over £32 for one night in August at Moreton in Marsh with Caravan Club but just over £20 at Winchcombe with the C&CC.
We might give up the CC as a result!

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The OPs question was .. is it worth joining .. and the answer to that is .. it depends.

If you like nice sites , over 2,000 5 van CLs and a host of other club benefits. then YES.. it's well worth it.

However, If you are a confirmed freeloader..love parking in council car parks, or at the back of a pub .. probably not.. you can spend the £50 club fees on a pub meal, and if you thought it was great value for money as you were able park for free .. then the answer is NO

Is it a Club.. do they have 40mil in the bank .. ? who gives a monkeys .. I certainly don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Deleted User
So in answer to my specific questions you have no idea but as the questions are inconvenient you're happier to ignore them?

Nobody to my knowledge has ever made any effort whatsoever to answer them with verifiable supporting information.

They don't in any way address the specific questions I've asked.

From my reply to you on the subject in April this year, how about reading it this time, especially the 2 links,they also include a few links. I do not know which specific questions are not answered in both links but I am afraid that information is the best that I can do (again), it satisfies my curiosity.

Not gullible, just took the time to read the constitution and history of the Club.

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/globalassets/pdfs/content/about-us/The-Club-and-how-it-works.pdf

From the Articles of Association:

"
Objects and powers
4. Objects

The Company's objects are:

4.1 to maintain and conduct a club for the benefit of the persons, including mobile caravanners and those connected with mobile caravanning, who are admitted to Club Membership in accordance with these Articles;

4.2 to encourage social interaction between such persons;

4.3 to promote caravanning generally; and

4.4 to carry out or promote leisure and travel related services and products, including but not limited to caravanning and related pursuits.

5. Powers

The Company has power to do anything which is calculated to further the Objects, or any of them, or is conducive or incidental to doing so.

Application, payment or distribution of the company's property and income and limited liability of voting members

6. Application of income and property

6.1 The income and property of the Company shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the Objects.

6.2 None of the income or property of the Company may be paid or transferred, directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise by way of profit to Club Members or Voting Members. This does not prevent a Voting Member who is not also a Director receiving:..............."

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/about-us/articles-of-association/

I have been a member of the CMC since inheriting a caravan from my Father in 1996, got the window sticker to prove it (don't display it though:)) I doubt that I have used club sites more than the number of years that I have been a member. I don't use them for holidays, I have always toured no matter what we slept in, and as far as I am concerned a site is somewhere to sleep etc not a holiday destination.

I can appreciate your dislike of sites and club sites in general but please do not insult members of this forum that are also members of the various clubs by inferring that we are gullible.

The CMC is a club run by a Limited Liability Company for the benefit of members, important those 2 words......

Regarding the distribution of assets perhaps a read of paragraph 6 from the articles of association may shed some light.

I have no idea if these topics are voted on regularly as I have no interest in the running of the club, voting or attending AGM's, the club is simply a means to an end and another tool in my journey through life.

I would be very disappointed if any club or institution that I was a member of was not run in a businesslike manner, but I doubt if even that would prompt me to attend an AGM:)

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
I ask myself this question every year when the membership renewal is due and every year I end up joining - same with the C&CC.
The discounts available on ferries/tunnel is very good with both clubs and what I have saved, does go towards paying for the membership.
In addition, I take out the C&MC breakdown. I've looked at all of the breakdown clubs deals and to cover my car, my wife's car, any car I drive and any car my wife drives plus my 5.2t 9m motorhome, it wins hands down.
Not many offer recovery on my sized motorhome and some that do penalise you if you utilise them more than once in a given period, so for me, being a member does work.
However, I have felt that check in on some C&MC sites can be patronising - maybe because i'm half the age of the warden and they think they're talking to a plank? Maybe because they love reiterating their rules and love the corgi car & van on counter demo of pitching to the peg?
The C&CC are the friendlier club in my opinion. - Maybe less elitist as they're used to dealing with customers on a budget with a tent in comparison to a big van?

Ask yourself where you'd like to stay and then look at which club offers a decent site nearest to your list of intended sites and take it from there?

Upvote 0

sp33dy

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Weston-super-Mare
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2012
Love their club sites but prefer to go abroad(they don't offer much if anything for people who prefer to cross the Chanel) so used up all the free campsite vouchers they gave me when I joined and didn't bother renewing.Much prefer C&CC.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I think they are valid questions.

Does it really matter??? I don't care,,,BUSBY:LOL::LOL:

Upvote 0

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
I don't care either, I'm only interested in what I get for my money, when the value (in my eyes) falls below £50 then I wont renew....if they want to hoard/fritter or gamble the money I parted with...I am not bothered....cos its gone from me.....much the same as when I "join" Go Outdoors for the "discount" or collect Tesco points in return for my information....
I would agree that its not really a club, in the true sense of the word...but as I said...I personally don't give a toss

Upvote 0

Stephen Franklin

Free Member
Jan 11, 2017
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Alpa
Exp
since 2017
We are members of both clubs. We think it is worth it for the network of CLs and CSs. The big sites are understandably fairly regimented, but not overly so, unfortunately without rules you will get someone entitled who does not care if they ruin others holidays. We use the main sites occasionally, often because of their location. A good example would be the CCC site at Culzean Castle, where you get a great sea-view in the grounds of the castle. I would suggest you try one or both if you are touring in the UK.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Belong to both clubs and at the moment we have the car, motorhome and the house insured with the Caravan Club. Took out travel insurance with the Camping Club.

Upvote 0

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
We are members of both clubs. The big sites are understandably fairly regimented, but not overly so, unfortunately without rules you will get someone entitled who does not care if they ruin others holidays.

I believe they’re referred to as Wardens (y)

In over 10 years membership I have met one unpleasant warden, not a bad record.

In 35 years membership of both clubs we have met no club site managers who have ever even come close to spoiling our stay!!
we did however come across one CCC "warden" who was a bit "officious" but he backed down in the end!! (y)

On the Contrary on some (but not many) commercial sites we have found the reception/site manager to be very abrupt with a no freedom to choose a pitch and a "if you don't like it don't stay" attitude - and on two occasions we did just that and turned round and left!!:oops:

Also (again not often) on some commercial sites and indeed Aires we have chosen to move on sooner than intended due to the behaviour (actually misbehaviour) of neighbouring campers!:cautious:

But in our 35 years of camping I am pleased to say that by far the majority sites, site managers & fellow campers have been just fine!! and here's hoping that it may continue so for some years to come. though at 75 years old it unlikely (to say the least) that we will have another 35 years!! ;)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back