Motorhome Alarm (1 Viewer)

Apr 24, 2014
spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
i'm a newbie
hello everyone need some help we have a Gemini Alarm fitted to our motorhome the problem we have is that when using the fob to lock and arm the system the drivers door locks but not the habitation door but all the door sensors work fine. both batteries in the fobs have been changed. Look forward to your replies

Nov 20, 2017
Caerfyrddin / Carmarthen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2017
Having been in correspondence with one or two alarm installers over the weeks, the company that came out best for us was 'Vanbitz' near Taunton. Each time an e-mail would be sent, within a couple of hours a polite and customer focused reply would be received from Ash. An installation date was agreed along with a reservation made to stay two nights at their 'Cornish Farm Caravan Site'.

Earlier this week we drove approximately 300 mile round trip to have a 'Strikeback Growler' alarm system fitted to our Auto Sleeper. The staff at Vanbitz were most welcoming as was their Site Warden. To put it mildly, the entire team excel on high standards of 'customer service'. No question or query was too trivial.

We took our van in by 08:30am and were then taken in to Taunton for the day as the installation would not be completed until around 03:00pm. Before parting with our money, we were given a detailed 'hand-over' of the system. Looking at the van, you just cannot tell where and how the staff have installed the internal sirens! The one internal (dash) and three external bright & blue LEDs are superb as is the security loop for a cycle carrier!

Could we have wished for better? The answer is definitely 'No'! Vanbitz have exceeded all our expectations! Here is company that we would highly recommend!

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Hi. Having booked myself in for the Growler and tracker to be fitted in May by vanbitz, even though i don't have my van yet, just wondered if this was enough security?
Or would anyone else suggest more, like wheel locks, tyre locks, window locks? Thanks. Mark

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Having been in correspondence with one or two alarm installers over the weeks, the company that came out best for us was 'Vanbitz' near Taunton. Each time an e-mail would be sent, within a couple of hours a polite and customer focused reply would be received from Ash. An installation date was agreed along with a reservation made to stay two nights at their 'Cornish Farm Caravan Site'.

Earlier this week we drove approximately 300 mile round trip to have a 'Strikeback Growler' alarm system fitted to our Auto Sleeper. The staff at Vanbitz were most welcoming as was their Site Warden. To put it mildly, the entire team excel on high standards of 'customer service'. No question or query was too trivial.

We took our van in by 08:30am and were then taken in to Taunton for the day as the installation would not be completed until around 03:00pm. Before parting with our money, we were given a detailed 'hand-over' of the system. Looking at the van, you just cannot tell where and how the staff have installed the internal sirens! The one internal (dash) and three external bright & blue LEDs are superb as is the security loop for a cycle carrier!

Could we have wished for better? The answer is definitely 'No'! Vanbitz have exceeded all our expectations! Here is company that we would highly recommend!
Thank you I shall make sure that everyone see's your kind remarks

Hi. Having booked myself in for the Growler and tracker to be fitted in May by vanbitz, even though i don't have my van yet, just wondered if this was enough security?
Or would anyone else suggest more, like wheel locks, tyre locks, window locks? Thanks. Mark
It is personal choice, personally I feel that the deterrent value of the Grower is impressive and that many physical security devices can be more of an inconvenience to you, than a thief.

Some even will put your insurance premium up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

My only suggestion to improve security as a previous Growler owner would be make sure you activate your alarm whenever leaving the vehicle unattended AND most importantly at night.
The blue flashing LED’s are a great visible deterrent, but only if your alarm is activated.

Nov 20, 2017
Caerfyrddin / Carmarthen
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2017
Like everything else, what is 'enough'? Our AS came with a Tracker but no internal/external alarm ..... many caravans come with both fitted as standard! Anyhow, after much research we decided on the Vanbitz 'Growler' as an additional deterrent, along with locking wheel nuts. We also use Smartwater, a police approved DNA marking system, ".... a chemically coded liquid that is painted onto items of value, making them uniquely traceable. Traceability is something that criminals hate because it increases accountability and the risk of proven guilt." You just have to trust your luck beyond that along with a good Insurance Policy.

Last edited:

Dan and Jan

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 16, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Between Vans
Exp
On and off since 2000
I use my Growler 24/7 at home, if away I use it whenever out of the van. I use nighttime mode on every site and use it when I leave the dogs in the van.
I also have a tracker fitted by Vanbitz.
Why go to the expense of having the best alarm fitted and not using it?

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thank you I shall make sure that everyone see's your kind remarks

It is personal choice, personally I feel that the deterrent value of the Grower is impressive and that many physical security devices can be more of an inconvenience to you, than a thief.

Some even will put your insurance premium up
Yeah i understand.
They are a pain i suppose, happy with alarm deterrent. Don't suppose you fit bike racks do you? Just thinking whilst my van is with you?

Feb 6, 2013
Mirfield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 680FB
Exp
Since 2012
I travelled from North Yorkshire to Vanbitz to have the Strikeback alarm fitted. As others have said...the service from the campsite, the engineers, Ash (and anyone else whose name I might have forgotten), was excellent. As a solo traveller, I now feel so much safer having the alarm, and ALWAYS set it. I cannot see the point of spending all that money on a fantastic alarm, and not using it :frowny:. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending Vanbitz.

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
We also use Smartwater, a police approved DNA marking system, ".... a chemically coded liquid that is painted onto items of value, making them uniquely traceable. Traceability is something that criminals hate because it increases accountability and the risk of proven guilt." You just have to trust your luck beyond that along with a good Insurance Policy.

Smartwater is probably a good idea for valuable possessions, but modern vehicles have so many identifiable or traceable features that it is only likely to be useful if police recover a part of an already dismantled and cut up vehicle. In nearly 20 years of examining unidentifiable vehicles and parts I only ever had one occasion where I felt the need to rely on a smartwater marking. Unfortunately the company charge police for making an identification (or did at that time) and my constabulary wouldn't pay for it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back