Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
We are looking at buying a small motorbike that will fit in the garage of our Adria. Tried a Yamaha YBR125 (2007 with 100 miles on the clock) & it seems to fit ok. I have been ringing around trying to find out about insurance & most of the ones I try either don't have anything that will give me foreign touring or it seems to be third party only :Sad:
I was wondering if there any companies that deal with cover for motorhome users with a motorbike? I have my motorhome with Saga but I don't think they do motorcycle cover. I don't have any no claims bonus as it is quite a few years since I owned a bike.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Try "Carol Nash",, I have all my bikes with them,,
They do combined UK,, Irish & European Insurance and breakdown,
Freephone 0800 093.5318..
My dearest bike is 16K,, fully comp, £164.. :thumb:

peter t

Free Member
Feb 26, 2008
Sunny Croydon.
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
nearly a year.
Give Footman James a try, they do custom made policies, and tpft... and another one is Adrian Flux.. they insure tanks and all sorts. I've used both for my m/bikes but not combined with m/home use but give them a bell.

Stay clear of Hastings Direct... nice policies but don't ever make a claim. :Eeek:

Pete.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

A and K

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since April 07'
We also have ours insured with Carole Nash :
Find Motorbike Insurance | Carole Nash
We have our foriegn travel insurance with her also as this covers us whilst we ride the bike abroad. Some travel policies Do Not cover you if you are hospitalised through having an accident whilst riding a bike :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have a look here.......E-Bike

check out the Features and Benefits on the left in the blue box.

euro cover = 365 days per year.:thumb:

Full breakdown cover included.:thumb:

i have my bergman insured with them......full licence for 35 years but not riden for last 20 odd years so nil no-claims discount:cry:

400cc scooter......fully comp.....£124:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
have a look here.......E-Bike

check out the Features and Benefits on the left in the blue box.

euro cover = 365 days per year.:thumb:

Full breakdown cover included.:thumb:

i have my bergman insured with them......full licence for 35 years but not riden for last 20 odd years so nil no-claims discount:cry:

400cc scooter......fully comp.....£124:thumb::thumb:

Just put all my details in, I've had a full license for over 40 years but not ridden in the 20 odd years either my quote £152.25:Eeek: this is for a 125cc, also European Breakdown Assistance is £49.99 extra :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Best up to now has been Bennetts at £ 100.34
Carol Nash came up as £122.15 but they did call me & hinted they could knock a bit more off if I was going to buy it now.

Thanks for all the info at least they are starting to get reasonable, the first few I tried wanted over £150 & couldn't give cover for Europe for more than 30 days.

The bike I am considering at is a Yamaha YBR125, it is a 2007 one with only 100 miles on the clock, the girl who bought it has gone off to uni. It is taxed until next Sept. & the dealer was asking £1500. Up to now I have only managed to get him down to £1450, looking around our area there just isn't many 125's for sale so it doesn't help with the bargaining:Sad:.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just put all my details in, I've had a full license for over 40 years but not ridden in the 20 odd years either my quote £152.25:Eeek:.

Oooops........chunky fingers tonight:Doh:.......£142..........but still cheaper than your quote.....very odd.

sorry Ed, i didnt realise the euro cover was extra.......good job i havent had to try and use it:Doh:::bigsmile:
as usual i only half read things.:Blush:

Last edited:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
My motorhome is insured by Safeguard who are owned by Swinton. They do a very good motorbike insurance and I had my Honda 125 insured with them 5 years ago and they are now insuring my Piaggio 125 scooter which goes on the rack at the back of the M/H.

Safeguard said last year that they were considering a combined Motorhome/Motorbike insurance but I don't know if it is available yet. But certainly try Swinton for a quote.

Phil.

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
The European cover for 365 is included it's just the Euro breakdown cover that's extra.
I did go back to retrieve the quote for Bennetts, daughter wanted to see how much to put her on the cover. When I retrieved the quote it had gone down to £ 90.42 :Eeek::thumb: have to try again tomorrow might have gone down more. Found this with Saga when I first shopped around for a quote then left it a few days the next time it was cheaper :thumb:.

BTW when I added the daughter it went to £361 so she can buy her own bike to play with.

Still need to get a ramp, seen some cheap ones for about £50 but not sure if I should go for the Fiamma CARRY MOTO one for £155 as it has the guide rail for inside the garage.

OP
OP
Kon tiki

Kon tiki

Free Member
Oct 11, 2007
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
20+
In the end I went with Carol Nash, after a bit of haggling I got it down to £116.95. This gave me multi trip cover for up to 90 days & full european breakdown cover. The policy was with Equity Red Star.

BJ

Free Member
Oct 2, 2007
Funster No
Carol Nash are by far the best motorcycle insurance company around, i've used them for years.
I've never found a company yet that wil do a combined motorcycle/motorhome policy. You may get a company that will insure both, but they wont combine it as one single policy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back