Motorcycle gps gadget (1 Viewer)

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
Couldn't agree more, to much clicking on the screen to create a route, much easier using Mapsource.
If you set waypoints and you accidentally miss it on your journey. (Even by half a mile) Garmin will spend the rest of the day trying to send you back. Excellent!

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Another user of Google maps.

I use with with a Quadlock system with vibration dampening and a waterproof case. This is with a FreedConn bluetooth headset.

I like that I can plan routes with my PC, then send to my phone. Plus music and phone calls if wanted. Also have a similar system in front of van, but with a tablet for nav, a bluetooth headunit and another Quadlock for phone. Keeps everything working together.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
If you set waypoints and you accidentally miss it on your journey. (Even by half a mile) Garmin will spend the rest of the day trying to send you back. Excellent!
This only occurs when using our Garmin Camper (a 'Nuvi' unit), but with the Zumo it carries on as soon as you join your original route.

Another thing I like about the Zumo, is when leaving a pre-planned route, say for fuel, the option of recalculating or not appears, with the Nuvi units it automatically recalculates, something I'm particularly pleased with.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
I did see somewhere that traffic data on the 500 is available for just 5 months. Is that your experience also?
The Traffic and Cameras updates are lifetime. not 5 months.

Nov 7, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Tourer
Exp
No longer a Newbie
This only occurs when using our Garmin Camper (a 'Nuvi' unit), but with the Zumo it carries on as soon as you join your original route.

Another thing I like about the Zumo, is when leaving a pre-planned route, say for fuel, the option of recalculating or not appears, with the Nuvi units it automatically recalculates, something I'm particularly pleased with.
The Garmin 660 unit we were using is a Zumo. Perhaps an old one, Who knows.
The TT units I use now are also “lifetime” updates & traffic. At the time of ownership, Garmin wanted paying.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Couldn't agree more, to much clicking on the screen to create a route, much easier using Mapsource.
Complete opposite for me. I just cannot work mapsource. I find Basecamp very easy to use. Put start and finish points in and drag the route to wherever you want to go in between them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2021
Next to The Rusty Angel
Funster No
MH
Race Van
Another one for Garmin. I have the ZUMO XT which works well. Made quick release wiring connectors along with the RAM type fitting as I change from bike to bike. Use it from touring through Europe to Green laning in the UK. Has a nice addition so you can change from map to map (topographic maps)

TA Steve

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Complete opposite for me. I just cannot work mapsource. I find Basecamp very easy to use. Put start and finish points in and drag the route to wherever you want to go in between them.
I used to use the zumo 660 on the Harley (all nice and safe in the tour tech mount tho as my mate left his zumo on and some scrote walked past his bike whilst he was at the rear of it getting something out the top box and unclipped it in less than a second, he said it was like being pickpocketed)! Anyhow I used to use map source and I too heard garmin wasn’t updating it any more and switched to basecamp, it’s hideously simple to use👍.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back