Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we had the same issues with the Kent group last year

Hi, had a look on our groups web site, no mention of generators on there.::bigsmile:

May be just the group you belong to, have made the rule.:Doh:

I know when we go with the C & C Club motorcaravnners section Kent group, are a bit like that, and we have had discussions in the past about it. :ROFLMAO: Last time we went with them towards the end of last year, as soon as I pulled in, I said park me somewhere I can run the genny if need be, and he did although the sun came out and we were OK. :thumb: :ROFLMAO: Bob.

We had the same issues with them last year... I need to recharge the scooter batteries.. had issues over that..

Not a friendly group I am sorry to say.

Bob:Angry:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We had the same issues with them last year... I need to recharge the scooter batteries.. had issues over that..

Not a friendly group I am sorry to say.

Bob:Angry:

Hi Bob, I find them friendly, and always a low fee charged and some great locations. :roflmto:
Its just Brain he does not like generators, we had a night at Canterbury Park and Ride with him, but never realised until morning, :winky: cheeky monkey said I thought I heard your generator running last night. :winky: If I had known he was in there I would have started it up. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
What I find equally tedious is in high summer in France, when it's boiling hot even at night so obviously everyone on the Aire or campsite has their windows/roof lights open and just the bug screens across - and some idiot decides he 's watching a TV prog with loud screaming and hideous piped laughter at approx 160 dBa. :Eeek:

They seem only to be able to make progs where everyone shouts at everyone else - and not being able to see it, it sounds much like the Jonny Forriner presenters on Jeux sans Frontiers. If it is that rehashed, they've obviously changed the theme music. It's certainly not yer average hospital drama or everyday story of countryfolk, anyway .... :Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks Jenny. I can now add another reason not to go to France when people try to persuade me :roflmto:

Ken and Steph had that attitude just a short while ago, look at them now,::bigsmile: they're all but wearing berets with onions slung on their handlebars:Smile: You two should get over there in your new van, Its a big country, low on population and low on cars the most perfect touring country in Europe.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
What I find equally tedious is in high summer in France, when it's boiling hot even at night so obviously everyone on the Aire or campsite has their windows/roof lights open and just the bug screens across - and some idiot decides he 's watching a TV prog with loud screaming and hideous piped laughter at approx 160 dBa. :Eeek:

They seem only to be able to make progs where everyone shouts at everyone else - and not being able to see it, it sounds much like the Jonny Forriner presenters on Jeux sans Frontiers. If it is that rehashed, they've obviously changed the theme music. It's certainly not yer average hospital drama or everyday story of countryfolk, anyway .... :Doh:

We spent 2 months with Alan and Lynda in Normandy, Brittany and the Loire in May/June mainly on Aires and never once came across this. In general by 10 pm all was silent. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ken and Steph had that attitude just a short while ago, look at them now,::bigsmile: they're all but wearing berets with onions slung on their handlebars:Smile: You two should get over there in your new van, Its a big country, low on population and low on cars the most perfect touring country in Europe.

I honestly can't think of anything we would want from France that we can't get in this country. The difficulty we face is choosing between the several UK destinations we want to visit, never mind going further afield ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back