Motorbike: Have you replaced factory garage anchor points? (1 Viewer)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Go on get it off your chest what you think about KTM’s, you won’t sleep tonight until you do. :rolleyes:

Just gentle leg pulling; you get a lot of it with a Ducati!

I regularly go on European trips organised by a Honda dealership so am usually the Butt of Ducati reliability jokes. I’ve yet to have any problems but can recall a number of the Hondas having issues. I could resist capturing this occasion on a trip to the Alps!

upload_2019-2-15_17-23-52.jpeg

Ian

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Just gentle leg pulling; you get a lot of it with a Ducati!

I regularly go on European trips organised by a Honda dealership so am usually the Butt of Ducati reliability jokes. I’ve yet to have any problems but can recall a number of the Hondas having issues. I could resist capturing this occasion on a trip to the Alps!

View attachment 283903

Ian
I have had various makes of bikes and the only one that has broke has been a KTM, probably my fault for not checking clearances or paying heed to it ticking louder than normal from the top end. :oops: Still love them though.

OP
OP
E

estresao

Free Member
Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
Your garage loading of 150kg sounds way too low. Scouters & bikes are normally quoted dry weight so you need to add fuel/ water/ oil. Then there are your helmets other gear for riding even lashings straps will add a few kg. Then there is all the other stuff you need to carry, table & chairs etc , tools, spares & spare wheel.
You really need a minimum of 250kg, ours is 350 with an option of 450kg.
Yes... that's because I'd like to find the "skinier" one which allow two people and safe enough to do few highway kilometers time to time (only to get a city from the camp site if needed)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back