Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Thank you all for support. You would think that as a company dealing with our motorhomes they would deal with issues better. Even now after numerous mentions they still have never offered even a refund of fee paid. It's not the money it's the principle of how they run the business. If I don't get a definite resolution by Friday I will be instructing our solicitors to deal with it. This will result in s higher value claim. Cannot understand the business ethics of this company to be honest.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
As another poster stated the show should surely have taken their 3rd party liability insurance details. A stiff letter to the organisers outlining your communications history and their failure to respond in a proper manner might get something? The organisers have probably got some clause or other abdicating any responsibility however they have a duty of care to visitors ensuring that their exhibitors have the correct cover, I would think.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
As another poster stated the show should surely have taken their 3rd party liability insurance details. A stiff letter to the organisers outlining your communications history and their failure to respond in a proper manner might get something? The organisers have probably got some clause or other abdicating any responsibility however they have a duty of care to visitors ensuring that their exhibitors have the correct cover, I would think.

Yes you raise a valid point.

We are not holding our breath but will give him until Friday to resolve.

Personally we will not be contacting them any further.

We were not confident at the show to be honest that they would deal with it in a satisfactory manner. Sadly it would appear our fears to be founded.

We have I feel been fair and patient but expected more from them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes you raise a valid point.

We are not holding our breath but will give him until Friday to resolve.

Personally we will not be contacting them any further.

We were not confident at the show to be honest that they would deal with it in a satisfactory manner. Sadly it would appear our fears to be founded.

We have I feel been fair and patient but expected more from them.
How much was the valet and did their equipment look modern and high quality, was their van of recent registration and with decent graphics etc. If not I suspect proper insurance may be well down the list and as to affording maybe a 1-2 grand respray plus decals!!!! I maybe would shoot for the show.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
How much was the valet and did their equipment look modern and high quality, was their van of recent registration and with decent graphics etc. If not I suspect proper insurance may be well down the list and as to affording maybe a 1-2 grand respray plus decals!!!! I maybe would shoot for the show.
After Friday we will be taking action and notifying organisers and such likes. However to be honest we would still like to feel that Motor Klenz realise that they must get this issue sorted immediately. But time will tell.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
:doh:I have moaned at the show organisers for years. They do not ask to see any kind of insurance, third party, public liability or product/professional liability

They won't control the number of part timers that turn up without paying for a stand and just drive around touting for work

This forum is littered with tales of woe dealing and buying at shows. One of the Chris's bought an inverter as it was "really cheap" only to find it was 24 volt!

I feel really sorry for the OP I really do, its horrible when you pay for something in good faith, but I wouldn't trust anyone to start putting stuff on my motorhome without some control over the environment.

I've seen Solar panels being fitted in the rain, and satellite TV's systems and when enquired how? "Special stuff Mate for sealing in the rain":rofl:

Yeah Right!

For any franchise I would immediately contact the distributors, only to be seen to so the right thing, however, if the mix is wrong or it's dried too quickly as its sunny the chemical distributors will, quite rightly point you back at the operator.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't want to put a damper on this or anything, but what exactly went wrong , they seem to do all sorts of vehicles and even offer to remove sign writing and stuff, so on a show with everybody watching them what went wrong?

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Don't want to put a damper on this or anything, but what exactly went wrong , they seem to do all sorts of vehicles and even offer to remove sign writing and stuff, so on a show with everybody watching them what went wrong?

Hi as stated Earlier what went wrong to be fair is actually quite simple. They applied TFR to the vehicle without the water source ( To remove it ) running. TFR should not be left to dwell to long and certainly not dry.

Then the cleaner tried to start his machine and the pull cord snapped.

At this point priority should have been to wash of product but he never.... He repaired the machine leaving chemical on bodywork causing damage.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If not resolved before the Lincoln show, and assuming they are indeed at the show, perhaps a few of us should be overheard discussing this matter outside theIr stand!!

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I think we should let Mark get on with giving this Co. a legal bashing without invoking him to make any more comments.
Less is more when it comes to open forums and comments made by the complainant.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
:doh:I have moaned at the show organisers for years. They do not ask to see any kind of insurance, third party, public liability or product/professional liability

They won't control the number of part timers that turn up without paying for a stand and just drive around touting for work

This forum is littered with tales of woe dealing and buying at shows. One of the Chris's bought an inverter as it was "really cheap" only to find it was 24 volt!

I feel really sorry for the OP I really do, its horrible when you pay for something in good faith, but I wouldn't trust anyone to start putting stuff on my motorhome without some control over the environment.

I've seen Solar panels being fitted in the rain, and satellite TV's systems and when enquired how? "Special stuff Mate for sealing in the rain":rofl:

Yeah Right!

For any franchise I would immediately contact the distributors, only to be seen to so the right thing, however, if the mix is wrong or it's dried too quickly as its sunny the chemical distributors will, quite rightly point you back at the operator.

In general terms I agree wholeheartedly but I do have to say Warners have always insisted on copies of our public liability insurance for every show, to the point it got boring having o send them the details for EVERY show. As for fitting stuff at shows I have done so, both solar panels and satellite systems but strictly on "dependent on weather" terms, the same applies to refillable gas systems, I often fit them at shows as many funsters will confirm but not in bad weather. One chap got rather upset that I wouldn't fit his refillable system at Newark the other year when it never got above minus 5 with a continuous 30mph gale blowing but I'd rather turn a job down than cause damage to a vehicle because of bad weather.

My advice o the OP would be to contact Warners show dept and make them aware of the issues.
D.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
the only way to repair properly is a respray and new decals. doubt the company have liability insurance if they are stalling on how to get it repaired for you

TFR marks may well polish out on paintwork or GRP depending on the thickness of the lacquer or gel coat. Composite panels unlikely. Decals no chance.

It is sheer negligence to allow products like TFR or proprietary wheel cleaners to dry.

IMHO they have no place in automotive detailing or valeting and shows the calibre of the person carrying out the work.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hi as stated Earlier what went wrong to be fair is actually quite simple. They applied TFR to the vehicle without the water source ( To remove it ) running. TFR should not be left to dwell to long and certainly not dry.

Then the cleaner tried to start his machine and the pull cord snapped.

At this point priority should have been to wash of product but he never.... He repaired the machine leaving chemical on bodywork causing damage.
Seems open and shut then!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Update. Had a call from a sign writer that Jason has contacted who is coming tomorrow to view damage. Hope to get a resolve. Will update when work is completed. Hopefully Jason will follow it through now.
a set of matching decals from the manufacturer is what is needed, not something knocked up to look similar. A third party decal job will devalue the van, as might concealing the damage. you cannot repair a damaged paint surface properly without proper prep work and painting

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
I have refrained from posting so far as I didn't want to comment on others work. but I do take exception at this assumption to judge a trader by the van he drives. My van is over ten years old, I could probably afford a recent reg van if I charged more but I try to offer a fair price. I also have proper valeting insurance. So perhaps it maybe better to judge on reputation rather than what van is driven.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have refrained from posting so far as I didn't want to comment on others work. but I do take exception at this assumption to judge a trader by the van he drives.

Only-Fools-and-Horses-001.jpg

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
a set of matching decals from the manufacturer is what is needed, not something knocked up to look similar. A third party decal job will devalue the van, as might concealing the damage. you cannot repair a damaged paint surface properly without proper prep work and painting
Unfortunately Swift no longer produce the decals supplied originally.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have refrained from posting so far as I didn't want to comment on others work. but I do take exception at this assumption to judge a trader by the van he drives. My van is over ten years old, I could probably afford a recent reg van if I charged more but I try to offer a fair price. I also have proper valeting insurance. So perhaps it maybe better to judge on reputation rather than what van is driven.
And how do you do that at a show? Listen to the story of the trader, and perhaps find out too late when your van has been screwed. My decorator whom I leave at home while we are away has just changed his 15 year old van, but I have over 10 years knowledge and experience of his skills and fidelity. Without a history you have little to judge by so you can make an error, we have all done it, so without satisfactory experience if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it may well indeed be a duck. Of course it could well be a swan dressed as a duck? How risk averse are you?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Unfortunately Swift no longer produce the decals supplied originally.

I would not be worried re the Vinyl as they can match any colour and they can use better quality then the originals...providing fitter is experienced

the bodywork would be my main concern and obviously needs addressing first..... as in now:censored:

I dont trust them at all to do the right thing going by this thread...

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The first thing that anyone should do if offered goods or services at a show is to check that "A" they are listed in the show guide, as if they are not they have either booked at the very last minute or haven't booked in as traders and "B" ensure that there is a credible trading address, that exists (Wonderful thing Google maps) so you can easily contact them should the need arise. I am not suggesting checking out someone before you buy a mop, but something that could affect your vehicle.

Its not difficult, last February for example Van Bitz booked their stand at the February 2016 NEC show, and the October show we are going to next month, last year.

I am looking forward to meeting up with a trader at the October NEC just to see what he is wearing this year. Three years ago he was in Chefs "whites" and promoting the benefits of "Fat Free Frying" It resulted in a plentiful supply of crispy bacon through the day. Two years ago, he looked very sartorial and official dressed in a pseudo Police uniform with lots of "Police'esq" bits and bobs, blue lights etc. Then he was selling a stand alone, battery operated alarm, designed for motorhome (and according to the box, sheds, garages and caravans lol)

Last year, he had lots of medical banners, a couch, and was wearing a very nice tweed jacket with leather elbow patches, a waistcoat with a pocket watch and fob and a very "professional looking " pair of Prince Nez glasses perched on his nose. With the vacant air of a medical expert he was selling pillows that apparently aid your sleep, so improve your posture, circulation and general well being.

I have never seen him with much stock left at the end of the show and seen hundreds of people walking away, clutching their new wonder purchases" that I know, they know and he knows" will be taken home and soon discarded LOL

I DO hope that he is a chef again this year as I do love crispy bacon

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Yeah Right!

My last MH came with a receipt for a Fiamma awning fitted (at a Show) two months prior to my purchase. It was fitted to the vertical side of the van so only the 'normal' brackets were needed - none that were specific to the van. In the event the 'fitter' had pop-riveted a length of caravan awing rail to the side of the van, hooked the Fiamma awning into it, then drilled through the awning box (below the roll) and the side of the van for mounting bolts. The inevitable happened: the weight of the partly-extended awning pulled out the pop-rivets. At the extreme front & rear of the van (where plywood was used within the walls) water entered the rivet holes thus rotting the wood. The aluminium shape formed as the rivets pulled out was a perfect water collector. All for the sake of 4 correct mounting plates.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My last MH came with a receipt for a Fiamma awning fitted (at a Show) two months prior to my purchase. It was fitted to the vertical side of the van so only the 'normal' brackets were needed - none that were specific to the van. In the event the 'fitter' had pop-riveted a length of caravan awing rail to the side of the van, hooked the Fiamma awning into it, then drilled through the awning box (below the roll) and the side of the van for mounting bolts. The inevitable happened: the weight of the partly-extended awning pulled out the pop-rivets. At the extreme front & rear of the van (where plywood was used within the walls) water entered the rivet holes thus rotting the wood. The aluminium shape formed as the rivets pulled out was a perfect water collector. All for the sake of 4 correct mounting plates.
That is dreadful.....

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hope the OP gets this sorted

All this is the very reason no one else touches my vehicles cleaning or most mechanical things

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back