LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I had a 1200kg payload and I've managed to use all of it ha ha ....and I'm in the van myself :p.

My wee 125 scooter is great though . I can chuck it in and out if the garage with ease in under 5 minutes loading time , it only weighs 105kg and does about 90-100mpg even carrying a passenger it will still do 55 -60mpg which is all I'd be brave enough to do on those wee wheels.
But it's great for getting places the van cant

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
To paraphrase Crocodile Dundee,
"that's not a kick start, this is a kickstart"
:D:D:D

53Vincent-BlackShadow-R.jpg

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Not entirely sure why you think you need a 400 , bikes have moved on almost immeasurably in forty years.
Test ride as many as you can and think a lot about what sort of riding you’ll be doing most of the time.
Then go and enjoy !

OP
OP
Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Not entirely sure why you think you need a 400 , bikes have moved on almost immeasurably in forty years.
Test ride as many as you can and think a lot about what sort of riding you’ll be doing most of the time.
Then go and enjoy !
Probably thinking my 18st frame would look out of place on a 125.:(

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
French rugby star Mathieu Bastareaud weighs in at over 19 stone, he rides a moped , don’t be sizeist lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Going to a KTM dealer in Norwich at the weekend, they have a used 125 duke and a 390 duke, going to test both of them. See which works the best for me.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've not spotted whether you are talking solo or pillion here. Some of the KTMs would scare a pillion to death just looking at what goes for a seat and pegs.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I love it when someone has all the answer.

EBay 311126741327
£46 Works brilliantly
I have one of those. I drilled a small hole into the bumper where the ramp fits to the camper. Then a small hole in ramp where it touches the camper. Attach a tent peg or similar to the ramp end with tape/string.

Then drop tent peg through both holes to hold ramp in place when loading :)

OP
OP
Norfolk Nomad

Norfolk Nomad

Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Feltwell
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2017
Tested both models yesterday, very impressed with both but I found the 125 very under powered I struggled to get over 60 mph and had a line of cars behind waiting to overtake. The 390 was great, very light and agile with plenty of power and handles really well. No need to say which one I am going for.:D

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Probably thinking my 18st frame would look out of place on a 125.:(

It probably would on most 125s. I'm a similar size and most of them are too small. Yes they are rideable but they quickly become uncomfortable.

There is a 125 built for full size people instead of teenagers - the Honda XL125 Varadero which is a nice sized bike.

The problem though with any 125 is that they are all soooooo sloooowwwwwww if you've ever ridden a proper bike.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just myself, sadly my wife passed away last year.

Very sad but it goes with our age, more funerals than weddings now. I'm sure you did the best for her all your life so now so now just Go For It, you only get one chance and a KTM hooligan tool is one hell of a way to go for it.

I installed a cheapo bike Sat Nav yesterday, now to find out if I've wasted my money ! "I'll be back"

I also reinstalled two cheapo DRLs, good brightness but the mounting bracket failed on one. Since I was punted off my bike a few years ago DRL are a priority fit.

Priority 2 - heated grips.

After I owned a naked for a few weeks, priority 3 was a screen. It makes a huge difference to a main road run.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Just myself, sadly my wife passed away last year.
So sorry for your loss, biking can very easily put a smile back on your face again.
Try viviting Whitwell Railway station on a Friday night after the clocks change, a great experience not to be missed if you ride bikes in this area.(y)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
It’ll take a strong will to buy the 125 after trying the 390!

Ian

Tested both models yesterday, very impressed with both but I found the 125 very under powered I struggled to get over 60 mph and had a line of cars behind waiting to overtake. The 390 was great, very light and agile with plenty of power and handles really well. No need to say which one I am going for.:D

You are so predictable!

Ian

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Very sad but it goes with our age, more funerals than weddings now. I'm sure you did the best for her all your life so now so now just Go For It, you only get one chance and a KTM hooligan tool is one hell of a way to go for it.

I installed a cheapo bike Sat Nav yesterday, now to find out if I've wasted my money ! "I'll be back"

I also reinstalled two cheapo DRLs, good brightness but the mounting bracket failed on one. Since I was punted off my bike a few years ago DRL are a priority fit.

Priority 2 - heated grips.

After I owned a naked for a few weeks, priority 3 was a screen. It makes a huge difference to a main road run.

Hi Brian, which Sat Nav did you get, I have just fitted a Garmin 395LM, very impressed with it.
you can actually select from the menu whilst wearing gloves, also bought an in ear bluetooth speaker which works very well and is very comfortable to wear.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Hi Brian, which Sat Nav did you get, I have just fitted a Garmin 395LM, very impressed with it.
you can actually select from the menu whilst wearing gloves, also bought an in ear bluetooth speaker which works very well and is very comfortable to wear.

What Bluetooth speaker did you get, I am looking for one to go with my sat
nav.?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Now that's clever - the video is worth a look if anyone hasn't:-

With a heavier bike especially, that looks like a great system.

What! no electric guitar soundtrack? I'm disappointed :( nice ramp though (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back