LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have seen one of these in the flesh... (Or very similar)...

And was quite impressed with the ease of loading and the compactness.. :thumb:

And a lot easier to store than a full blown trailer.. :Cool:

Broken Link Removed

Ooops.... sorry Phil..

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I used to have a Erde PM360 single motorbike trailer, light , easy to load and towed very well.
Sorry got the number wrong it's a PM310.

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Bike trailer

http://www.cmf-engineering.com/t-home/

I bought one last year for my Yamaha 80 and it works a treat. Buy the optional castors if you want to store it upright to save space. Somewhat cheaper than the Armitage trailers version, and very similar.

It tows a treat but:

1. Loading ramp could do with channels instead of just being an aluminium "plank" as the wheels are not guided up onto the trailer - and down again; and yes, the bike did fall off as the back wheel slipped off unloading!

2. Without a reversing camera, you cannot see it to reverse it!

3. No sloppy tying down as, because it is loaded sideways, braking and accelerating moves the bike more than if loaded "in line". I took several attempts to find the best way of securing the bike!

4. It is light and easy to manoeuvre but needs care on slopes as there are no brakes!

5. Would I recommend? Oh yes; beats the scooter rack as I know I am not exceeding the payload with the rack + bike on the back and the "tail wagging the dog"

Hope it helps - and if anyone wants a scooter rack and fittings, just PM me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2013
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Ravenna
Exp
newguy
trailer

I looked all over and came to the conclusion that the Phoenix big bike trailer was the best bet. Extremely well built , and well thought out. I tow a goldwing 1500 or a vulcan 1500 , trailer is extremely stable..

Good luck with your decision

Steve

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Hi all,
I have gone from a PCX125 on my side loading Armitage to a BMW G650GS, which is a tall bike and i am short. I have seen historically someone fitted a winch (great idea) to pull a bigger bike on, has anyone got any pics? The BMW gets bloody hot and has to have the engine running unless there are three or four of you.
Obviously a low load trailer is an option and with Armitage quoting three months delivery again for the side loader I think I could sell it.

Cheers

Phil

Jay Symmons

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
New
I have a relatively small motorhome a Hymer 584 on a 2.8 Fiat Ducato base. I am looking at racks but am told the weight limit will restrict me to 125cc or less (I would like a 200cc scooter) and also at the Hydra Trail a twin wheeled trailer. I am told the Hydra tail can be reversed without jack-knifing - any comments on either of the above options would be appreciated.

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Jay,
I have picked up my Armitage deive on trailer. I can ride my BMW onto it and then put the side standmdown. Fastening on is then easy and the ramp comes back up to vertical. It woll also easily carry two push bikes as well.
Phil

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
I carry my 125 on the back of my B544 weight upgraded, towed a caravan for 15 years not going back to towing again.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
I have just ordered a Hydratrail after seeing one on a funsters van and think they are a good bit of kit. I know all about the negative comments about them but to be fair that was when they was first developed.

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
If anyone is interested I will soon be putting my Pheonix trailer on ebay, fantastic trailer but I no longer need it, braked so 1300kg gross, will take any bike or possibly small car I've been told. If this contravenes forum etiquette please delete & I'll put an ad in the appropriate section.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I cant comment on towing a bike trailer behind a MH

Done plenty of it with a car and i would avoid it now at all costs

Pain to reverse, pain to store, pain if it gets nicked, generally just a pain

Hope i haven't put you off getting one :)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I saw someone in France with an easylifter. What I liked about it was that 80% of the weight was taken by it wheels but it's not a trailers so easy to reverse as it's it fixed in position on the towbar. I decided that was the way to go. (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Tried an easylifter.. probably great for small bikes and peds but not much more.. It actually TWISTED the 3 x 3 box section ( length wise ) exactly as Bill at TowTal said it would..

Erde are fantastic with a top notch back up service ( even has tyre pressures on their web site ) but Phoenix are also very good quality

I sold my Erde when I bought the Phoenix Smart Car trailer as it can double up as bike trailer too :)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Just put mine in the garage, but do have to take off the mirrors first. I made a heel rack at the far end and two metal straps, never moves. One advantage to an oddessee. pity the beds on top of the high garage.

Jay Symmons

Free Member
Nov 10, 2014
Wokingham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
New
Thanks all this UTube clip says it all EZETOW.CO.UK REVERSIBLE TRAILER.

It reverses fine as to the quality and durability I may have to trial/chance both.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Nexus Library 1237.jpg

The above picture shows wheels in reversed position as soon as you drive forward wheels swivel.

I posted this before -

Just thought I'd post about our Hydra Trail Trailer experiences from our recent month long tour of France.
Every time we entered a camp site or aire we always attracted attention and people would often want to watch as we off loaded scooter. A few people got us to give them Hydra Trail website address and were asking us if they would ship to France/Germany . It got to the point that I wished I was on commission! I would gladly tootle around France showing off said trailer :).
Because the wheels swivel when reversing it made for an incredibly easy tour. Once we accidentally got onto a paid motorway slip road - which we didn't want! I managed to very, very slowly reverse up hard shoulder back to roundabout and we were on our way. I don't think with a conventional trailer I would have attempted it. On one camp site trying to find a decent pitch, our way was obstructed by overhanging branches and once again reversing didn't have to be thought about.
The final and very nice extra is not being charged extra for trailer. I just added extra length to motorhome and was slightly nervous as we checked in at Dover, My FerryLink.Com and P&O coming back. Each time nothing was mentioned and we embarked with a satisfied smile on our faces :)

Rob

Last edited:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have an Easylifter and it is a great bit of kit. We have had no problems so far (160kg) scooter. A friend also has one and has towed thousands of miles with his (200kg motorbike) and swears by it. (y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Oh there is no doubting the quality of build with the Easylifter. extremely well put together bit of kit.. Just do not use one for a big bike thats all I ( and Scotties who had EXACTLY the same issues ) is saying

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks all this UTube clip says it all EZETOW.CO.UK REVERSIBLE TRAILER.

It reverses fine as to the quality and durability I may have to trial/chance both.

I think this clip shows the one that needs two towball attachments. On mine original single ball is replace by conversion bracket - two not needed.

Rob

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
When googling them the sites that come up are from this forum saying they went bust years ago.

Rob e Lee

Free Member
Apr 16, 2012
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
When googling them the sites that come up are from this forum saying they went bust years ago.

Not where I got this one from - purchased in August. A really nice, helpful guy to deal with too.

Rob

pneumatician

Free Member
Feb 22, 2009
Burntwood Staffs
Funster No
MH
La Strada,
Exp
since 2000
I also use a Phoenix Trailer. Single rail folds in half for storage but not lightweight. Sadly it looks as though mine was a one off as its not listed now and I have never seen another. I had to engineer a swan neck to get the ride height right. Just wish it had 10" wheels and not 8". Travelled many thousands of miles with either the BMW or Yamaha on board.
Little 110cc bike goes in the garage when required.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We've used Easylifter for years and carried a variety of bikes thousands of miles with them. Good kit well made by a really nice guy. However as Jaws says it does have its limits a BMW on a Hydra trail is too much on my opinion. My Kawasaki was about its limit that's 200kg. We now carry the Kawasaki in the garage so don't need racks or trailer but if we did it would be Easylifter or a Phoenix trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back