LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good start to the season. Without giving too much away it was a very close finish.

I just hope that using Simon Crafer for the post race interviews was a one off.

Wasn't it just. First WSB and now this, two spectacular starts to the season.

Bring back Suzi Perry. He was appalling and worse he had to get one person he was interviewing to say his name, he did not know who he was interviewing. I'm also puzzled, he is a Kiwi but the accent was South African.

His lap on the e-bike did not show much spirit either. Without the noise as well it does not bode well for electric racing.

I also saw Neil Hodgeson in the background, on full song, laughing and joking with the riders, getting the best out of them.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Wasn't it just. First WSB and now this, two spectacular starts to the season.

Bring back Suzi Perry. He was appalling and worse he had to get one person he was interviewing to say his name, he did not know who he was interviewing. I'm also puzzled, he is a Kiwi but the accent was South African.

His lap on the e-bike did not show much spirit either. Without the noise as well it does not bode well for electric racing.

I also saw Neil Hodgeson in the background, on full song, laughing and joking with the riders, getting the best out of them.
Missed all that because I was watching German Eurosport,hadn't a clue what they were saying.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Missed all that because I was watching German Eurosport,hadn't a clue what they were saying.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You didn't miss much at all, all of the commentators were bought as a job lot of bankrupt stock. I sometimes turn the sound down to enjoy the racing.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I heard Crafar in the post race interviews... who thought that was a voice to put on TV. Dear Lord.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Yeah looking good, was it a 6 bike train before Dovi made a move ??? Question is has the Duke got what it takes to carry this win on ????

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I just hope that using Simon Crafer for the post race interviews was a one off. He was monotonous with his questions and discourteous to the riders, not thanking them for their time.

He was TERRIBLE!!!!!

And yes, quite rude if I'm honest - not a single 'Thank you' issued after the interview? Even the riders felt awkward walking away {shakes head}

Yeah looking good, was it a 6 bike train before Dovi made a move ??? Question is has the Duke got what it takes to carry this win on ????

I was really impressed with Zarco, he held the lead for quite some time! Although watching the post-race interviews on BTS Chequered Flag, it would seem everyone (well, the Aliens) were quite happy for him to lead while they simply saved their tyres :rolleyes:

For once, the MotoGP race was actually better than both the Moto3 and Moto2 races.

Morbidelli did well for his rookie race, Luthi not so well :(

That last overtake though eh??? Marquez is in for a penny, I'll give him that (y)

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
That last overtake though eh??? Marquez is in for a penny, I'll give him that (y)

He was but if i had of been Dovie id have made him go well wide just to make a statement for the rest of the season.
Mess with me and it will cost you :)

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Probably the same person that thought using Mel Sykes :)

It made me wish that Toseland was there... Suzie Perry isnt perfect , but by God she knows her stuff. It boils my piss when sports broadcasters try and front stuff with people they think will get folk to watch , when all they need is people that know about the sport and not suck . Crafar sounded like someone they pulled out of the crowd. Zero empathy with the riders, it was just awkward.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Suzie Perry isnt perfect , but by God she knows her stuff

Im not so sure she knows that much, there was a lot of floundering today and she said something that was contradicted by I think Edwards or Hodgy.
I think she leans on the iPad to much.

Suzanne Wolff would be a better stand in, nicer eye candy as well :)

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Im not so sure she knows that much, there was a lot of floundering today and she said something that was contradicted by I think Edwards or Hodgy.
I think she leans on the iPad to much.

Suzanne Wolff would be a better stand in, nicer eye candy as well :)

She is proper clued up, but its a lot harder trying to remember stuff with a director rattling in her ear, i have done it, and its not easy . I have no idea who Suzanne Wollf is.

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
Got to say Suzie P is really clued up but they do torment her, when Edwards was racing & she'd interview him, just before going to camera he would say something to put her off "you got panties on today?" & stuff like that, he was not the only one & it still goes on with other racers, its nuts when you can make em fluff their piece. I got roped in to do a bit at a club race, the term I'd use for my commentary skills would be "crap", its not easy.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Got to say Suzie P is really clued up but they do torment her, when Edwards was racing & she'd interview him, just before going to camera he would say something to put her off "you got panties on today?" & stuff like that, he was not the only one & it still goes on with other racers, its nuts when you can make em fluff their piece. I got roped in to do a bit at a club race, the term I'd use for my commentary skills would be "crap", its not easy.

On circuit is relatively easy , compared to TV stuff, once you get your head round it . TV is a mare , because you have so much more going on.. i did an 8 hour live freecaster broadcast once, with a french Director who spoke hardly any english, and one monitor that was so small you couldnt read any of the text... they had no live timing, so didnt know who was leading, and we had to rig a camera in our side of the garage, to point at mine so they had a clue.. christ that was a long day. Fun though.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
She is proper clued up, but its a lot harder trying to remember stuff with a director rattling in her ear, i have done it, and its not easy . I have no idea who Suzanne Wollf is.

I’m not saying it’s easy and there’s no way I could do it.
But if you are a professional and getting well paid for it then it’s up to you to be good at your job :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back