Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
After a weird weekend, we are ready for the main race.. to close to call a winner IMO .

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
It will run , they just need to let it dry a bit, slicks on a damp track , just let go, and with no inters , they have no middle ground. Wets wont last 5 laps, because it isnt wet. These boys are brave but not stupid

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Eventually they got away and it was worth the wait. Cracking race and it bodes well for the rest of the season.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
indeed it does, was a great race, worth a watch for those who have to wait for highlights... no spoilers here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Great start to the new season, based on which there could be some interesting twists and turns through the coming year.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
Definitely worth the wait, cracking racing which for Qatar is unusual

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
IMG_3134.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Great start to the new season, based on which there could be some interesting twists and turns through the coming year.

Oh yes. With so many up front there is no room for DNFs.

It's got to be Vinales to lose. He's done his apprenticeship on a development bike, did very well and now he'd riding the real deal.

Rory, take a spare hanky on your trip, it would be a nice gesture to give it to Lorenzo.

Things are looking good for young McPhee. He's riding like a champion.

A PS for Edgy, I guess he's seen it.
it's ridiculously mild and at 35mph is usually already up into 5th). So we pull away as usual, and at about 5-10mph the revs suddenly go wild - HIGH - right up near the redline (but not banging off the limiter) - as if it found a false neutral and then of it's own accord dumps the clutch! Not it's usual beautifully smooth clutch work, it DUMPED the clutch. I was totally out of control, up on the back wheel in the middle of town

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Way to go brian, last of the old dragsters. :)

Brian last of the hell riders.jpg

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Another great race weekend.. was away riding, so had to wait to get home and watch it last night, keeping away from t'internet for a day was a blessing as I was busy as all day , but 3 great races, and again , Vale shows his class, Vinales shows his ability, and Jorge ... well Jorge must be close to suicidal. I think the whole thing shows how good Dovi and Crazy Joe are in the Ducati, and how much better the Yamaha is as a package right now. Props to the TECH3 boys, and the private Ducati teams... who go to show that sometimes , just knowing what to do is far better than an unlimited budget and a blame culture.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
And what a reversal in fortunes for Cal. He's usually the first to step off the bike but here he was the only Honda front runner to stay on. I really can't understand what's going on with Lowes. Consistently last while his teammate is pushing in the mid field.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And what a reversal in fortunes for Cal. He's usually the first to step off the bike

It's not easy watching him, grab defeat from the jaws of victory sort of thing. Maybe he's got the message now, "back off 1%".

Wouldn't you love to know what Rossi is thinking every time Jorge stuffs it. It just might make up for having Superman for his team mate. But anyway, Jorge will not be on the breadline, will he, Dall’Igna might need ear plugs when his German masters are on the phone.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Could be a very long season for Lorenzo if he can't adjust to that big red Ducati. Maybe he thought he could show Rossi how its done, so much for that theory so far?
Cal must be happy enough with his podium, at least this time he resisted the temptation to push beyond limits in the quest for placings and points.
Lowes is still finding his feet in this class, he may still get more competitive with saddle time, fingers crossed for him.
This could be an interesting year!

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
And what a reversal in fortunes for Cal. He's usually the first to step off the bike but here he was the only Honda front runner to stay on. I really can't understand what's going on with Lowes. Consistently last while his teammate is pushing in the mid field.
Experience on the bike, and no base setting to start with . He needs to find the speed like this, not keep lobbing it at the scenery

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Whey he(y)(y) tickets arrived for Jerez just got to work out how to print them off my phone :) think ill wait till i get to Spain, currently in Morocco enjoyed Argentine GP watched it on my phone. Good to see Yamaha getting off to a flyer whilst the Honda's although looking good are throwing em up the road. Didn't see Moto 3 but good on John Mcphee

Stewart

Free Member
Nov 10, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
Devon Monte Carlo van con
Exp
many years
Is anybody else going to all the European Motogps? I posted this somewhere else on the site and got no response. I am sure I can't be the only Motogp groupie around. As I type, I am on the outskirts of Cannes, on my way to Barcelona from Jerez via Le Mans and Mugello. It would be good to meet up with some other Motorhome Fun Motogp fans.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Loads of friends on the Mugello to Barcelona run.. we only follow MXGP .. great trip for you .

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Is anybody else going to all the European Motogps? I posted this somewhere else on the site and got no response. I am sure I can't be the only Motogp groupie around. As I type, I am on the outskirts of Cannes, on my way to Barcelona from Jerez via Le Mans and Mugello. It would be good to meet up with some other Motorhome Fun Motogp fans.

Never been to a single race (higher priority family commitments at the moment), yet follow it religiously.

It's on my bucket list (y)

How crazy was Moto3 at Mugello last weekend?! :cool::eek: :D2

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Never been to a single race (higher priority family commitments at the moment), yet follow it religiously.

It's on my bucket list (y)

Go at least once, just to hear the bikes... jesus, they are loud.. and damn impressive, but i prefer to watch on TV , simply because you dont get the access any more that you used to , and the coverage is so damn good.. even a friday only at Silverstone is a good day.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Never been to a single race

All 3 races were brilliant for me. Though as usual 3 was just insane. Tough on McPhee, just a touch of luck and could have won it.

But going, we've been to some over the years, Mugello included, the atmosphere is great, the sleeping on non-existent and the viewing is not a patch on TV. But it needs doing now and then. Been to Jerez quite a few times, it's perfect for a MH, as well as the racing southern Spain is a joy for MHs. We gone to Jerez more in Feb/Mar to watch testing. Cheap to get in and camp free outside the gate then move to the coast for a holiday. Camping for race week is astronomical and probably booked up now for 2018.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Went to Silverstone Moto GP a few years ago and I was totall underwhelmed, not enough bikes on a big track (17 starters I think) rubbish spectating and I don't like Silverstone anyway. much rather see Superbikes at Cadwell or Brands, mind you when I was at Superbikes I was a sponsor so access all areas.

Martin

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Went to Silverstone Moto GP a few years ago and I was totall underwhelmed, not enough bikes on a big track (17 starters I think) rubbish spectating and I don't like Silverstone anyway. much rather see Superbikes at Cadwell or Brands, mind you when I was at Superbikes I was a sponsor so access all areas.

Martin
Maybe try the infield camping which is now available at Donington for WSB and BSB? If you get the right pitch, you can get a good view of the track from your van.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Silverstone is awful to watch at now, used to be great , but too many buildings and bridges in the way .

If you get up in the stands at Farm, into the infield loop, you can see 2 bits of the track , and you are on the most entertaining bit.

None of the tracks afford a decent spectator experience these days, all the good spots at Donington are gone, you are so far away you cant even tell who the riders are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back