MotoGP cant come soon enough... work full of Rugby nerds. (1 Viewer)

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
A couple of the cheeses at work tried to engage in 'pre meeting' conversation the other day, but sadly picked Rugby as the topic, apparently i should be watching because its England.
They could not comprehend my total lack of interest, i just shrugged it off as it was all i could really do, i felt like i was wasting my time trying to explain.

Then i realised that while i dont care, i dont know anyone else that does either, its like Wimbledon, folk care because its fashionable.

So looking forward to the new MotoGP season..

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A couple of the cheeses at work tried to engage in 'pre meeting' conversation the other day, but sadly picked Rugby as the topic, apparently i should be watching because its England.
They could not comprehend my total lack of interest, i just shrugged it off as it was all i could really do, i felt like i was wasting my time trying to explain.

Then i realised that while i dont care, i dont know anyone else that does either, its like Wimbledon, folk care because its fashionable.

So looking forward to the new MotoGP season..
And the TT? :)

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
To be honest, i have given up on WSB, 2 day format is just crap, like having a football match with a half on each day. Useless for fans at the track, useless for those at home. And reverse grid starts will kill someone.

Might tape it and watch WSS as i have a mate in it .

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
And reverse grid starts will kill someone.

I hope not. They certainly hope not.

It used to work in the Brit stock car racing, highest ranked at the back. They always won, it would probably have been totally boring if they set off in rank order.

We've had some inspired races where the favourite ended up at the back, Rossi and Marques I think.

Last year there some terrific scraps especially once Chas Davies got control of the Ducati.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hey guys, you don't have to wait for the Motogp to start. Its only motorbikes going round. :D . Pop down to the fair.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
You are forgetting something , F1 Stock cars is a contact sport , cars are built out of steel, and drivers have 5 point harnesses and head nets. Its as much about crashing as racing.

Having the odd race where one guy is out of position is a novelty, manufacturing it is stupid.

Im sure there were good races, i just dont have the time to invest in it TBH.

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Hey guys, you don't have to wait for the Motogp to start. Its only motorbikes going round. :D . Pop down to the fair.

Link Removed

Maybe the excitement of blokes kicking an egg into the crowd is too much for us LOL.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Well it's up to you now, how fast can you create a "he thought it was a joke but he was wildly optimistic" button.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i just dont have the time to invest in it TBH.

Well folks, it took a while but here it is, when have you ever seen Teresa May and PhilG in the same room at the same time, now we know, the truth is out, TM is a crossdressing PhilG.

Tell us all, should really have been photographed holding Trumps hand ? We all think we know what went on in his office.

Mi58ck

Free Member
Aug 9, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since august 2012
What's work?

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Well folks, it took a while but here it is, when have you ever seen Teresa May and PhilG in the same room at the same time, now we know, the truth is out, TM is a crossdressing PhilG.

Tell us all, should really have been photographed holding Trumps hand ? We all think we know what went on in his office.

Thats gone right over my head.........??

OP
OP
PhilG

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
So am I but love the rugby too (y)

I think Rugby lost me when i was forced to play as a kid, against kids twice my size. The neighbours look like they had a watch party earlier , loads of abandoned cars tonight, we have a Welshman, a Saffer and an England fan in the close, they are all mad for it.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well I like both Motogp and Rugby especially the Six Nations tournament.

Reactions: Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back