Moto-Trek delivery schedule - a word of warning for any prospective purchasers (1 Viewer)

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Don't get done get Dom springs to mind ,wouldn't surprise me to see the firm go down only to reappear in anther name with the same management

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Able Mabel

Free Member
May 19, 2015
sheffield
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
new
Wish I had seen this thread before ordering my van. Having all the same problems as previously reported . Delayed delivery dates and very poor customer service.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Wish I had seen this thread before ordering my van. Having all the same problems as previously reported . Delayed delivery dates and very poor customer service.
What was your original scheduled delivery date? and what is the revised date? My Dad's most recent delivery date has been revised to the "middle of June"

Able Mabel

Free Member
May 19, 2015
sheffield
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
new
That was the original date. It was delivered last week after lots of set backs. We still have on going problems will keep you updated.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
This company (Unreliable Trek) are very well known for telling very large porkies. They should have awards for it as they're appear to have the original dictionary offers lies. Avoid no matter what the van looks like it's pointless not getting one. Goodwin luck if you patience lasts.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
That was the original date. It was delivered last week after lots of set backs. We still have on going problems will keep you updated.
Whats the paint job like, the ones I have seen, and at shows too, look like they were painted by the apprentice teaboys' mate. And all they say well yes having problems but now using different paint shop!!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just looked at the website, have you seen how much the extras are:eek: 800 odd for a sat nav among others
Looked again I was wrong 900 odd

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
You have the van though (y) , are there any major faults or can you get out and enjoy it ?
Wishing you lots of miles of motorhoming pleasure (y)

LadyBea

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Dumfries &Galloway
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 1994
Thanks but I still can't access it. Not in any way interested in dealing with these people again. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. You know the saying once bitten twice shy.

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Blank page for me, if they treat their suppliers the same as they treat their customers, the Web company has probably pulled the plug.

Yorkie1906

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano 709i
Exp
We had th
Having spent the last two years deliberating the purchase of a van, all the usual debates CB vs panel van old vs new. Following a visit to the NEC last October 0n 23rd November we finally took the plunge and paid our £2k deposit for a new Moto-Trek Leisure Treka with a custom backend to suit our needs, at this point delivery was to be late May. The paperwork comes through on the 3rd of December with a delivery date of the 9th June. I visit the factory on the 30th April to sort out some specific details and am informed that the 9th of June still the expected delivery date.

29th May whilst I am chasing up payment and registration details for insurance I am informed that I should have received a letter telling me that the build has been delayed and delivery should now be "mid/late July". Come the 3rd of June I finally receive a letter informing me that the completion date is now the 21st July. In the interim they are prepared to provide a loan vehicle for a weeks holiday we had booked but as that vehicle isn't fitted with a tracker I cannot get insurance for it - they agree to knock £420 of the price to cover the B&B costs.

Return from holiday to be informed that delivery has now slipped to w/c 4th August, this then slips to the 28th August at 3:30pm - ie today. We paid the balance and sorted out insurance more than two weeks ago.

12.10 today they phone to make sure we haven't left yet for the 3:30 handover meeting as the van is not going to be ready until next week, so we have lost a months tax and insurance and we could have had a September registration and delivery is a full three months later than we were originally informed - the summer has gone!

It strikes me that if Moto-Trek put as much attention into their production management as they do into their marketing / show attendance then they have a very good product, but if they treat all their customers like this then they will very quickly build up a reputation that no amount of marketing spend can correct.

Rant over!

Yorkie1906

Free Member
Aug 19, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano 709i
Exp
We had the exact same problem with mototrek...we could tell when Christian (peter kay lookalike!) was lying because he couldnt look you in the eye!...we did get our deposit back after a solicitor friend wrote them a letter...just the mention of mototrek sets my teeth on edge they are a shower of s#@$!!

Topaz

Free Member
Apr 21, 2017
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
High top
Exp
We purchased a Moto Trek Leisure Treka EB in July 2016. It was delivered on time. We have subsequently had problems with water ingress into the 'boot' and a leaking rooflight in the bathroom. It was returned to Moto Trek in January 2017 and they had the vehicle for 3 weeks. Upon collection, they had re-lined the boot in a waterproof fabric as opposed to carpet type fabric and removed and replaced the rear rooflight. Once home, we found to our horror that not only was the rooflight still,leaking but they had decided to replace the sealant on the rooflight over the lounge. This too was badly leaking once home. It went up with one leaking rooflight and returned with two. It also had scratches on the rear boot paintwork. Their whole attitude is appalling. Customer care is non existent. We threatened them with bailiffs and legal action but they couldn't care less. The van itself is actually quite well made and is a unique layout which suits us. However, we would never ever deal with them again. They have one decent person, Ross, who does his best to help but is powerless. Stay away from this company.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back