Moto-Trek delivery schedule - a word of warning for any prospective purchasers (1 Viewer)

androidGB

Free Member
Dec 28, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Think the habitation door on that IH looks hideous, more like something from a mobile library.

Andrew

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
I was going to start by saying that I couldn't believe that they haven't got their act in order yet, but sadly I can.

Firstly as Jim has said above, you have a case under the unfair contract terms which you can either pursue through a small claims or if you are unsure of the process instruct a solicitor, remember that the first consultation is free and they will be able to tell you at that meeting if your case has the chance to succeed, it does. Having been on the receiving end of their "promises" in the past I am more than happy to provide a witness statement, I also have the email paper trail of my chase ups during the period it took to for them to finally fulfill my order which I am happy to share with you. For the record we ordered after you in November 2013 for May 2014 delivery and finally took delivery in Sept 2014, we were order number BV10028.

We are more than pleased with the van but have to say that the buying process took some shine off the whole affair. But the way in which you are being treated is disgusting and at the bottom end of any definition of customer service.

I am emailing both Gemma and the MD with a link to this thread, they need to know that they cannot treat prospective customers in this way without the word spreading and affecting sales. I have some interest in that as once the brand is damaged the resale value of my van will be affected. Hopefully after due consideration you will get your deposit returned without further delay, if not do go down the legal route.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We were excited about the Moto Trek design (although interior finish needs some more thought) at Malvern last year as the slide out is a great idea but the sales staff attitude was appalling & we got the impression then that the (motorhome) customer definitely does not come first as they already have more lucrative racing market & bespoke horse boxes. Normally sales staff are at least pleasant before they take our money! Hope Clover37 gets a swift resolution to this & Moto Trek sort themselves out. Wonder how many other customers have had the same problem but think that they are the only ones...or if anyone at all has actually taken delivery of a slide out model?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the (motorhome) customer definitely does not come first as they already have more lucrative racing market & bespoke horse boxes.

I doubt the people with that kind of money would take the crap dished out here.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
I was interested in the word 'approximate' used in the terms and conditions relating to delivery - what does this mean? Surely anything much over a month shouldn't qualify, is there any way of establishing this in legal terms?

Some people have tried counter-invoicing companies like this for their wasted time and costs incurred, would that be worth a go? Other people have found things move faster and problems resolved when they go on Twitter and relate their experiences.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for this I will keep you posted on the progress of my Dads order due for delivery in April this year.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am glad that people let you know their problems . it lets us all know what to expect from some of the dealers.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
I fee so very sorry for all the hassle customers are receiving fro this company. If I were in their position the alarm bells would be sounding very loudly.
There are just so many choices available to buyers so walk away before the company take the cowards route of going bust. I've been there before and we still have a few manufacturers who sink on a regular basis only to resurface a few months later.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
I figured that I would get the blame for Moto-Trek's failings. The truth of the matter is that I left because I had lost confidence in the product, build quality and their blatant disregard for customers. They have a very large team who are in control of production and who on a weekly basis would give me new dates for completion which were then given to customers. I have seen so many customers who I sold vehicles to and who still haven't had them 6 months after they should have had them so clearly it isn't getting better which clearly shows it had nothing to do with me what so ever. I have been in the motorhome industry since 2005 and have a very good reputation, I pride myself on offering good customer service to all customers but sadly Moto-Trek werent able to deliver. I am more than happy to speak to any customers affected to get the full story.
So what are the problems ? , why the long wait times ?
I did contact moto trek as an interested purchaser ( may have spoken to Christian ) as I did like the look of the interiors , glad I didn't pursue that path !

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i always believe in giving a business the chance to put things right simply because "crap" happens, but if they still cant sort things then i think i would have been in front of the MD stood on his / her desk long before now.... swiftly followed by a legal letter if funds were not forthcoming...

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
They appear to building a very nice nestegg from customers. My advice based on the past is A V O I D until they get there act together.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hopefully I'm wrong but beginning to sound a bit like Eterniti Caravans from the towing fraternity. Next stop could be administration with all the consequences for customers.
Sincerely hope not.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's crazy & frustrating that an established company with a great design idea (slide out good although interior needs better finish) & a definite interest/demand from motorhomers is failing like this! They must be making money from the rest of their business as having a stand at the NEC shows is very expensive. Hope they get their act together, reimburse or compensate all the customers that they have misled & treat future customers with the respect that appears to have been lacking up until now.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
They dont care about the threat of legal action. They beleive that the contract is water tight and in their favor. Pretty sure they are the exact words used when I challenged them about it.

A class action might make them take notice. Weight of numbers does count.

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
They dont care about the threat of legal action. They beleive that the contract is water tight and in their favor. Pretty sure they are the exact words used when I challenged them about it.
I suspect that given the facts outlined by Clover, of Gemma issuing a verbal variation to the contract, that Moto-Trek would stand little chance of defending an action. Particularly when other customers, myself included, would be prepared to provide supporting statements.

There is also a suitable case for Trading Standards investigation, too many customers have received similar treatment.

OP
OP
P

Paddywack

Free Member
Oct 15, 2013
Neasham, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Hymer ExsisT588
Its not good really. I hope you can understand the position I was put in Pat? Im glad you finally got your vehicle. Only sad I wasnt there to hand it over myself after so long. I do feel sorry for any new customers as they will surely get the same treatment that others have expressed on here. I too would be prepared to have my say should it be needed for legal purposes.
I think you know from our earlier exchanges Christian that I knew you were trying your best, as were some of your colleagues. The blame within Moto-Trek is with the senior management who fail to resource the venture properly, the sad fact is that as word spreads, and this thread pops up on the first page of an internet search, then the order book will run down. Such a shame as its a good product.

The van is great - has already seen a lot of use.

Hope you are at a better place now Christian!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
They have a face book page you can leave comments on.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
@Christian Kelly I know how difficult things must have been for you and wish to thank you for your courage in coming forward with your side of the story. I think I can speak for many here when we say we know who is being economical with the truth.

I hope the company can get their act together but, sadly, it looks like they have got themselves into a corner with no escape. It looks like a brilliant idea that should have done really well and made other manufacturers sit up and take note.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
@Christian Kelly I know how difficult things must have been for you and wish to thank you for your courage in coming forward with your side of the story. I think I can speak for many here when we say we know who is being economical with the truth.

I hope the company can get their act together but, sadly, it looks like they have got themselves into a corner with no escape. It looks like a brilliant idea that should have done really well and made other manufacturers sit up and take note.
He has had his 5 posts unfortunately so won't be able to reply without joining.. :(

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
With Christian's bravery and honesty,I feel we could all put a few bob in to pay his membership some how,sure Jim could arrange it,we don't know,the poor guy could be unemployed now.
I have no interest in this other than reading about the disgraceful behaviour of this company for way too long and the hope nobody else get duped by them and losing £2k deposit or a long,long, wait for their new van.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Hello, don't worry about me. I left and went straight into another job, and still with Motorhomes. I thought I should become a paid member.

That's great news - and it shows that the people who know recognise where the blame lies.

hello.jpg and welcome.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back