MOT & Repairs, Newton Abbot, Devon (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
https://www.facebook.com/Neil-Tucker-MOT-Service-Centre-296939240433115/timeline/

Had a recommendation from a very reputable source to get my MOT and servicing done here for my motorhome. Had the MOT done today and passed with just a windscreen wiper advisory which I have now replaced. Booked in for a service in a fortnight. A real garage with good guys working there and reasonable prices. Discounted MOT's at present for £40. Mines an Autotrail Savannah which just fitted. Unfortunately they can't do tag axled vans though.

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Can I also take the opportunity to recommend Burgess & Taylor on the Bradley Lane Trading Estate in Newton Abbot. Both Ted and Martin (the proprietors) are keen motor homers and we have found the service they offer to be friendly, informed, reliable and well priced.

The Tinca's

OP
OP
Abacist

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
Just had the van serviced with Neil Tucker and a full service including oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filters cost £258 which I was pleased with.

Fiat Ducato's evidently have a big catalytic convertor, well the 3 litre anyway, which are supposedly worth about £200 on the black market and are popular with thieves who like to cut them off. Neil advised me to get a cat security device as this may deter the thieves. I mention this in case anyone else wants to take the advice.

I asked them to have a look at the cruise control which currently seems to take an age to engage for the first time after starting the engine. You can be pressing up the lever for ages and ages sometimes before it locks in. The push button to re-engage after it has been set still works fine. Neil suspects the switch is faulty which will no doubt be expensive. Has anyone else had this problem before I buy a new switch and then find its not the root cause of the problem?

The other thing he commented on was the fact that the locking wheel nuts have much smaller shoulders on them than the standard Fiat bolt shoulders. Has anyone else found a source for Ducato locking wheel bolts with the right size shoulders?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back