MOT Failure? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi brothers just been telling me about a Dino kit car they MOT'ed and failed because it didn't have a windscreen. Him and the other two testers had a chat and didn't know what to do as no windscreen isn't listed as a critera to fail an MOT on, so they phoned VOSA, who told them to fail it, but my brother then said "but under what critera?", you can't just fail a vehicle, you have to select from the list on the computor, and not having a windscreen isn't on there.

But you have to do what VOSA says, so they failed because the windscreen wipers didn't work. :ROFLMAO:

Olley

teensvan

Free Member
Jul 25, 2009
Fulltime in Motorhome
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi. A kit car or any other car does not need wipers if no windscreen is fitted. I had an old landrover with no windscreen or wipers and it used to pass.

steve & ann --- teensvan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
the only 'Dino' i can find is a Farrari Dino replica and it sure has a windscreen....

sidesmall.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i would have thought, unless its just been built and this is its initial roadworthyness test, it should have single vehicle approval from VOSA meaning its been approved for what it is......without a screen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

buyer

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 29, 2008
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
american coach
Exp
20 plus another 12years tugging/small campers
mot

hi all.I find it a little odd that anyone would take a car that is designed to have a screen fitted, for an mot without it being fitted.but as a tester myself i would not fail it just because it does not have one fitted,because if your wipers or washers don't work you can remove them along with the screen and hay-presto you can't fail it :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi SVA and MOT are different tests, because you pass one doesn't mean you pass the other. That picture you put up papa is the one I think, VOSA said if it was an open top it didn't need a screen, but as it was a saloon it did.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back