MOT and Weight... (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
For the first year I haven't had to spend £1,000 to get through the MOT :thumb: Van has passed after spending £60 freeing up front brake sliders, replacing bulb and reattaching motor to front headlight. So total MOT costs this year £65 ::bigsmile:

However it did flag two jobs up that desperately need doing that will cost me close to £1,000. Tyres, Oil sump and Leaf springs.

But I have got a couple of months to get them done :thumb:

I noticed that the MOT test point I was at does a per axle weight measurement and calculates the total vehicle weight.
good news I still have 320KG of available payload. This is a relief as I calculated I was getting close...

I am a happy chappy today.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Brilliant Karl!

It's a great feeling that I remember well. In the days when my van was, shall we say, a touch on the tired side the MOT pass day was one of the highlight days of the year. I used to have an MOT party night at the local.

Since getting the Iveco (and Hymer) those days have gone. They are expected to pass the test... :winky:

JJ :Cool:

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Nice one, mines due in May hoping it doesn't need to much doing to it only needed a number plate bulb last year, as for leaf springs I came across this company whilst searching out some heavy duty Renault master ones for a customer seemed reasonable prices might be worth a call
http://www.ukaftermarket.com/index.php

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
mine is due end of month, just changed all oil and filters, checked brakes and sump gasket changed as slight leak only to read slight leak is useful for stopping sump going rusty.
some slight wheel play in N/s front axle (not wheel bearing) and will await outcome of test.
now for good news only cost £20 for mot and able to take van back after repairs if needed for free re test. now i do allow testing station to undertake minor replacements if required ie change wiper blades, bulbs ect but still keep biting me nails and fingers crossed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back