Most friendly / unfriendly Brits ? (1 Viewer)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Got to be honest, the most friendly and helpful peeps I ever met were on The Isle of Wight.

The most unfriendly, aggressive, stubborn, stupid and afterwards unconscious, were members of The Royal Military Police, Aldershot, Saturday nights.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Around Shropshire there are many friendly types. Shop staff are usually happy to help with a smile. There was some survey a few years back that proved this. To be honest, I find that people who don't live in cities are more relaxed, friendly and casual. Go on, prove me wrong. This is my experience in the UK (as it still is) and the countries in western Europe that I have visited. Whatever, it is Fun finding out.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Around Shropshire there are many friendly types. Shop staff are usually happy to help with a smile. There was some survey a few years back that proved this. To be honest, I find that people who don't live in cities are more relaxed, friendly and casual. Go on, prove me wrong. This is my experience in the UK (as it still is) and the countries in western Europe that I have visited. Whatever, it is Fun finding out.

Interesting name, anything to do with your surname.:)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Danish friends thought London was wonderful when they visited, people opening doors, saying thank you and sorry all the time gave them a good impression of the English .............. until I pointed out they were probably all foreigners too.

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Interesting name, anything to do with your surname.:)(y)
Nope
Been using it for years on line and I'm not really sure why. But that could be an age thing.
She says we used to keep zebra finches and it fits with the noise that they makeo_O She's usually right.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
the Scots are always very friendly, until we tell them that we are not actually Scottish and the flag on our motorhome belonged to the previous owners---------bye.

Nah they are OK really.

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Nope
Been using it for years on line and I'm not really sure why. But that could be an age thing.
She says we used to keep zebra finches and it fits with the noise that they makeo_O She's usually right.
That's ok then, if it was we might have been related.:LOL:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's ok then, if it was we might have been related.:LOL:

Cronkle....... Very similar to another name. Come on BB, you are really one of the Crankies, aren't you? :whistle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
No, it was BB I accused of being a Krankie.........

Maybe you train dragons for a living. Or you are from Alaska!

cronkle

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since1995
Dux, you're being too cryptic for me - Alaskan dragons?
I used to read a lot of your posts 'on another list' in the distant past. Have you trained dragons? It's quite dangerous y'know.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
No need to get stroppy....GINGE.........:);)

No its all grey/white now but I don't want my grandson suffering all the incessant "bullying" just because I had ginger hair.

I can quite understand how black and asian people feel when subjected to racist abuse!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
to be honest, i think i can honestly say - its a mixed bag all over, but predominately friendly...

apart from certain areas in the Forest of Dean:whistle:

Eh what the bloody hell, that was a low blow, your just jealous cos you had to go home too work and I'm in Italy enjoying sunshine and fine wine.
Was gonna say the nicest people were the Welsh but shan't bother now boyyo, you just keep working and paying taxes like a good pleb and I'll enjoy my pension in another 4 years.:lips::rofl::rofl::rofl:

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Me (y):D:LOL:::bigsmile::happy::talking::party3::nod: On most every day

Me when the tw@t in the carpark who didn't have enough room for a complete swing around, decided it would be better to scrape their bumper down the side of my motorhome leaving 3 distinct paint marks, instead of using reverse gear and going backwards in the process :mad:o_O:madder::devil::wondering::envy::punch::banghead::swear::fubar::boxing::crying::swear2:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Eh what the bloody hell, that was a low blow, your just jealous cos you had to go home too work and I'm in Italy enjoying sunshine and fine wine.
Was gonna say the nicest people were the Welsh but shan't bother now boyyo, you just keep working and paying taxes like a good pleb and I'll enjoy my pension in another 4 years.:lips::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You could have got a buss pass in Wales....

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Dux, you're being too cryptic for me - Alaskan dragons?
I used to read a lot of your posts 'on another list' in the distant past. Have you trained dragons? It's quite dangerous y'know.

Just googled Cronkle, that's all..... Seems to be a popular surname in redneck America and there was something on the interwebby thingy about train your dragon, a Disney film. Just a guess.

If ducks tried training dragons, they would probably end up as no 43 on the local Chinese restaurant menu. :eek:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
In my experience travelling around, The Brits in Britain, are mostly AOK , we had a bit of a kafuffle with a scottish lass in Kendell, we refused the Scottish Notes she wanted to give us and asked, yeh!wrong words I know ! for real money!:doh:
But Travelling the World as I have, here there and everywhere, Brits overseas I avoided, I found that most were insular, didn't want to assimulate at all,
But the people/race I have learned to distrust the most, and I've experienced this in several Countries , are the Cypriots,
Even the Greeks have a saying "Never lend a Cypriot ,your wife, Donkey, or your shotgun, they will enevitablly be returned f****d!"
I suppose that could make me a Racist, I can wear that!

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
No its all grey/white now but I don't want my grandson suffering all the incessant "bullying" just because I had ginger hair.

I can quite understand how black and asian people feel when subjected to racist abuse!
Sorry mate, but struggling with this 'bullying' thing a bit, because you once had ginger hair??? Is your grandson also Ginger?? Does it matter? If it does, (for him), slip half a housebrick into his pocket, and tell him the best way to deal with bullies. (y)
By 'racist abuse', don't you mean 'colour prejudice'?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
RV owners with the exception of some of the funster ones I have met but find they normally have there heed so far up there own arses they can lick there own tonsils
most of them on the road would not pee on the humble camper owner even if they were on fire.

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
I think it's a pretty mixed bag.

People are people. Some are grumpy and some are friendly.

Obviously Cornish people and those from the North of England are weird.*

*Limited poll - taken from information gathered from contributors to this forum.
Terms and Conditions apply.

Do you mean the North West of England or the North of the UK?
You obviously don`t mean the North East of England, do you?:)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
RV owners with the exception of some of the funster ones I have met but find they normally have there heed so far up there own arses they can lick there own tonsils
most of them on the road would not pee on the humble camper owner even if they were on fire.

Really?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Most unfriendly..........

......... the occupants of :

1 Churchill Place
London
E14 5HP...............................................:whistle:

(y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Now why did that not surprise me? Some of my clients are based in docklands - but not that one! ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back