Most expensive site (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
We stayed at Camping Fornella (Lake Garda) last August, it was a last minute decision, they only had a superpitch at 90 odd euros per night (family of four). Worth every cent too.
It must have been good, as we've booked again for this year (about £65pn through Caravan Club).

Personally, I don't mind high prices, providing it is 'high quality' and with great amenities (direct beach/lake access for example).
We often stay at 'expensive' sites. I'm not going to compromise for the sake of a few euros...

I do however object to sub-standard sites trying it on (and clearly succeeding) or British sites charging approaching £100pn in high season (when you can't guarantee good weather).
But it is a free market and it's very apparent that folk are willing to pay.. wherever the location !
Blimey, I thought I some sites had my pants down at €20, feel better now (y)

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
The site we stayed on at Lake Garda last August was €70 but with the exchange rate at the time that equated to about £45.

Perfect location though with direct access to the beach, it's own beach bar and no stupid 9 metre rules or pegs or warders with tape measures.

The pitch was 8 metres square and the only instruction was "that's your one. Park however you like"
@NickNic do you have the name of that site please as we will be there in early May and do you know if they take dogs? Thanks.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
@NickNic do you have the name of that site please as we will be there in early May and do you know if they take dogs? Thanks.

It was Camping Cappuccini http://www.camp-cappuccini.com/en/ and yes they do take dogs.

If you email them they will make the booking for you like that instead of via the website.

I usually avoid campsites as much as I possibly can but this one is great - we'll probably be back there in the summer.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have paid some eye watering pitch fees in Spain during the summer holidays and over Easter last year a pitch next to the Med was (at least for 3 of the nights) eye watering x2.
There's nothing here that I'd pay 10€ for.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
And I thought 50 NZD was a lot for one night for the two of us with EHU :D

I have seen sites here that want more but I just won't pay it and with so many free or DoC available I think it keeps the prices down (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back