Most expensive garden ornament (1 Viewer)

TrevChrizy

Free Member
Aug 19, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro
Exp
25 years
I invested my pension in updating my tired motorhome back in 2019 and after a few trips I scorned it over Christmas (2019) about to put back on the road in March (2020) and something moved me to a parallel universe and the rest I wish was history, but it goes on. I just wonder how people have their coping strategies, as I’m quite frustrated in respect of making any plans.

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
I'm still mid build so the goings on around the world has just let me slow down and enjoy the build stage a bit more, 18 months on and still only half way, should hopefully fill my spare time up until this cr@p ends😆

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 2, 2019
Rugby
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2019, folding camper for many years.
I don't think it is going to end anytime soon :cry: but as soon as things improve and we are released a little to enable travel we will head off even if its only for a day trip. Never sorned the van use it when ever we can, shopping, dog walking. Sad I know but I quite enjoy sitting in it on the drive having a coffee, change of scene now its too cold to sit in the garden. ;) Keep smiling everyone you own a Motorhome.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It will end and you will be ready for new travels in the safety of your own space something many won't be able to do, lots to look forward to.
w2f

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I invested my pension in updating my tired motorhome back in 2019 and after a few trips I scorned it over Christmas (2019) about to put back on the road in March (2020) and something moved me to a parallel universe and the rest I wish was history, but it goes on. I just wonder how people have their coping strategies, as I’m quite frustrated in respect of making any plans.
HI and welcome to the fun house! :giggle:

We don't pick people up on spelling so please don't take offence as that's not what I'm doing :* ... I just love the fact that you said 'scorned' ... that's all I seem to do whenever I look at my MH now sat on my drive ... scorn for the fact that I can't use it. :(

Ah well, at least we are lucky enough to have it and will hopefully in the not too distant future be able to go out and enjoy it again and explore some of the UK which we haven't done for a long, long time. :smiley:

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Bought mine in September '19 so was a aware of the likely constraints. It's primary use has been to provide hot drinks and sandwiches with a pleasant view of the New Forest 4.8 miles from home, after a walk. Even that's stopped now as people tend to assume we've come from far away and go into 'tut and shake head' mode.

Not so much a garden ornament, but arguably a very expensive flask.

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)

(our ‘van is sitting on the drive......going nowhere.......but we do sleep in it sometimes......just to ‘make sure everything is working ok....!!’);)

OP
OP
TrevChrizy

TrevChrizy

Free Member
Aug 19, 2018
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro
Exp
25 years
I guess I’m lucky that I have many years of owning a motorhome and can reflect on the photo’s we have. At the moment any plans we have are written in pencil and I try to put together a list of what I need to update motorhome. It was crazy last year getting pitches, as every man and dog had booked, especially all new MH and caravans taken to the road. I love visiting all the wonderful towns and cities in UK, but I don’t like the journey anymore, whereas in France/ Germany those wonderful open stretches of open roads release the freedom and enjoy the journey, sorry I reminisce. Your right Minxy girl, I do apologise for my prickdicktable txt, but yes it does sound appropriate.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I just wonder how people have their coping strategies, as I’m quite frustrated in respect of making any plans.

We booked the Eurotunnel last November so that we could look forward to going away in April.
Its starting to look likely.
Got an appointment for mi jab next Wednesday--- Yea :clap2: :drinks:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I just keep looking for the light at the end of the tunnel (Eurotunnel hopefully).
We did use our van in late July through to September in UK - didn’t have any problem finding pitches so you must have been unlucky.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back