Moselle wine festivals end sept beginning oct (1 Viewer)

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
hi we are heading off here for a few wine festivals. Anyone been ? We've done the Moselle before but not during the festivals . I guess aires are very busy but any fields set up by big festivals like Cochem. Bernkastel kues ?

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, never had a problem parking, yes they do open extra parking but people tend to park anywhere they can get level. :LOL:
We are at Traben Trarbach at the moment and there has been many wine festivals On all along the mosel :eek: there is one here this weekend but we have to start making our way back.:(
The only difference is its very hot now, ;) and unlike September/ October the grapes and walnuts are not ready to eat :whistle: but the wine is good. :LOL: Bob.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Screenshot_20170705-103821.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
We were at Zell on the stelplaze next to the footbridge last week as they have the "Zeller Scwarze Katz" wine festival the last week of June every year. The festival is directly across the river and there is a funfair attached with dodgems, shooting galleries etc but be warned, the music from the fairground is louder across the river than at the fair as there is nothing to absorb or deflect the noise and it goes on until 3am on the first night (Friday)
The festival has a very "local" feel to it and is none the worse for it and there were more than 40 wines to sample. You pay a €3 "pfand" for your glass which you get back when you return the glass, then have the choice of buying 0.1l tasters or .75l bottles.
I did find the wines a bit more expensive than I expected, most bottles cost €11or €12, with the organic ones around the €14 to €18 mark. We love the sweeter whites and reds that you don't seem to be able to find over here and bought a few cases from Weingut Martin Köster, averaging €4.50 a bottle. He's the last weingut on the right as you head upstream on the same side as the stelplaze and he has a couple of tables set out in his garden amongst the veggies and flowers, all quite civilised.
It's maybe my Scots ancestry, but unless I get a recommendation, I always like to move a couple of streets back when looking for a restaurant, coffee or cellar, the view doesn't always improve the quality of the item, but it generally increases the price !

Imbiber

LIFE MEMBER
May 12, 2009
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
We made it to Bernkastel-Kues last year on the Tuesday, a couple of days before the wine festival officially started and the stellplatz at Graach was already very full. By Wednesday they were utilising the overflow fields.

I note that this year the Bernkastel Wine Festival starts 31st August, but there are many more in and around the middle moselle area over the next month or so >

Have fun!

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Many thanks all. I'm looking forward to it. Having a disabled wife in a wheelchair I need to be pretty close to the festivals or I may have to leave her there the night if I have one too many and can't push her the distance back

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We made it to Bernkastel-Kues last year on the Tuesday, a couple of days before the wine festival officially started and the stellplatz at Graach was already very full. By Wednesday they were utilising the overflow fields.
We've never been to the Mosel, but we're intending visiting the Bernkastel-Kues festival this year on the Friday & Saturday. I didn't know they had overflow fields for camping - we thought it would be busy and were concerned about getting a space as we'll be arriving sometime late Friday afternoon so we've booked on to the Knaus camping park for a couple of nights.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lieser is a good street one, 2nd weekend in September, there is a large park like area by the river that has free parking for Motorhomes, no service but Stellaplatz in the next village 5km away you can service at. We came across it by acident last year had a great time spent 4 nights there.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
DM23 the Knaus camping park is a nice site but their restaurant was not much cop when we were there last year.
Bread van visits each morning.
Guy that's usually in the office is not prone to smiling much:)

OP
OP
G

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
We've never been to the Mosel, but we're intending visiting the Bernkastel-Kues festival this year on the Friday & Saturday. I didn't know they had overflow fields for camping - we thought it would be busy and were concerned about getting a space as we'll be arriving sometime late Friday afternoon so we've booked on to the Knaus camping park for a couple of nights.

How much is it here please?

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
DM23 the Knaus camping park is a nice site but their restaurant was not much cop when we were there last year.
Bread van visits each morning.
Guy that's usually in the office is not prone to smiling much:)
Thanks for the warning - we don't tend to eat out much anyway but I'll make a note to get something in town if we do decide to. Great news on the bread van - hubby will be very happy if they have pretzels ;)

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
DM33 and all very good cycle path network both sides of river
If you have bikes its worth taking them with you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun