Free Member
Oct 15, 2009
Dorset
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
8 yrs
We are planning a trip at the begining of June for a few weeks to the Mosel Valley, Germany. Looking for advice on overnight stops and places to visit.
Look forward to replies .
Many thanks.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Spoiled for choice on the Mosel.. don't even need the Bordatlas but always worth having, buy it when you reach Germany .. this must rank in the top five motorhome friendly places .. :thumb:

meanwhile check out the Stelplatz here

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.reisemobil-international.de/bordatlas/&ei=ydrOS8OZAYvJ-Qamg6Ez&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CA0Q7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dbordatlas%2B2010%26hl%3Den

you can also download the POIs for your sat nav

OP
OP
Phil10

Phil10

Free Member
Oct 15, 2009
Dorset
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
8 yrs
Thanks Jim we are looking forward to it.
Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
It seemed to us every village on the Mosel has some where to stop. :thumb:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
If anyone going to the Peterborough MH Show is interested I have for sale as a job lot an ACSI 2010 dvd Europe Camp site Guide / an AA Explorer Guide for Germany and last but not least a Michelin Germany 2009 No 718 Map all for the knock down price of £20. I will be at the show in the General Area from Friday pm until Monday am if interested. :thumb:

Caggsie

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
N Wales
Funster No
Exp
2 yrs
went for the first time last year, our first stop was just as you get into Germany - a small place called Igel(bus ride to Trier) about 10 min drive from the cheap petrol across the border in Luxemburg. It was a proper campsite and last year about 16Euro. If you have the ACSI it will be cheaper so long as you are out of peak season. Then up through the Mosel. We used the Bord Atlas which we got from Vicarious books - more expensive than buying from Germany itself but excellent service.

We left Calais and joined the motorway into Belguim, headed for Brussels - nip around here and headed for Luxemburg. Filled up with cheap petrol and carried on our way. No tolls!

Many Stellplatz all along the Mosel. Hubby would look at the Bord Atlas and input the co-ordinates into tom tom and followed her instrctions. One of the best and cheapest hols we have had.

My fave place was Bernkastle Kues. 8 euros incl leccy, Mehring - right on the river, 6 euros plus leccy. Went to other places, but can't remember the names.

Great flat bike rides, longest we didwas about 29Km and I'm not too fit and didn't actaully feel too bad after. So take your bikes if you have them.

if you need more info e-mail and I will ask hubby the other locations.
regards

Karen

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hogan

Free Member
Aug 4, 2007
Valencia,Spain
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Andernach, Piesport, Koblenze ,to name a few
Just follow the river from Trier to Andernach a place to stop at every village,some free some a few €.

Madmike

Free Member
Apr 12, 2010
Pickering
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 yrs
Don't forget to fill up with fuel in Luxembourg before going into Germany.
It's all the same price wherever you buy as no tax on it.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back