Rally Mosel rolling meet 2020. (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
I also thought this but as others have said this restriction hardly applies on your way out and if your only travelling through. I intend to spend one day in Belgium and one in Luxembourg then cross into Germany.

From what I have read it seems that you can transit through these countries on your return and providing you don’t stop, no quarantine is necessary. This is easily achieved as we left Reil and arrived home in Bedfordshire in approximately 10 hours last September, we only took a break on the ferry as we were fuelled up and needed to get home asap.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Well my question doesn’t matter any more as France goes on quarantine list on Saturday:mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
From what I have read it seems that you can transit through these countries on your return and providing you don’t stop, no quarantine is necessary. This is easily achieved as we left Reil and arrived home in Bedfordshire in approximately 10 hours last September, we only took a break on the ferry as we were fuelled up and needed to get home asap.
That sort of makes sense up until the point you mix with other ferry passengers. I also believe there is a form that has to be completed 48 hrs before entry into the UK for tracing purposes and whilst many people can make what appears to be justifiable points to avoid compliance with rules, my understanding is the mere fact you return from one country on the Q list, requires you to Q. I don't like it either but these rules are there to protect lives.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Snowbird.

Dave old pal :) with the latest news from the FCO re France, it is extremely unlikely that we'll be coming over now, due to the need to self quarantine when we get back..............................unless things change in the next 2-3 weeks, which is doubtful indeed. :crying1:

In the meantime, have a :wine: of Dornfelder and/or a :drink: of Weissbier Dunkel for me please. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
French trip cancelled now looking at Germany. How busy is Reil and the rest of the Moselle?

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
Hi Snowbird, parked at fort Battice for the night, should be with you midday sunday,kickout some of the foreign lot from the riverside lol

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There was plenty of room until Friday then it has filled up a bit. The guys next to me on the river front are leaving tomorrow along with others so you should not have a problem.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sorry about this fundters, but I am struggling with lack of internet since the rathouse renovations. Am on my phone at the minute sitting on top of a mountain but with a small screen and hands like a bunch of banana it’s too much like hard work so am retreating back to my trailer and more wine.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Am on my phone at the minute sitting on top of a mountain but with a small screen and hands like a bunch of banana it’s too much like hard work
Dave, I use something similar to this.............................

1597750367590.png

Enjoy the :wine:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Arrived safe, lovely riverside pitch can’t think of a better spot to social distance, weather great, come on down, you know you want too.

We're on our way........... well on the 16th Sept anyway............cant wait. Show some restraint and save some for us:wine:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Snowbird unfortunately our trip to Croatia is off so I’m afraid we’re off up Scotland instead.

For anyone that’s interested I sent my MP a letter regarding the uncertainty of Q14 at Eurotunnel and wrote back and in a nutshell said

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for emailing Nick Fletcher MP and we appreciate you taking the time to make contact.

This is an interesting point you raise and it seems my understanding was that if you used the tunnel without exiting your car then there was no additional need to quarantine.

Therefore I would have assumed you, judging from the information you supplied, would be OK to travel.

I would urge you to visit this website, the official tunnel website, which provides good and reliable information about this issue:

So there you have it, take from that what you will👍

But alas for us it looks like croatia is on the naughty step!!😞

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Sorry about this fundters, but I am struggling with lack of internet since the rathouse renovations. Am on my phone at the minute sitting on top of a mountain but with a small screen and hands like a bunch of banana it’s too much like hard work so am retreating back to my trailer and more wine.
I cant believe you havent sorted out Madam Mayor on this issue ! ;)

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Quarantine regs from gov.uk . I’m taking it that tunnel is fine

Private vehicles
You don’t need to self-isolate if you travel through a non-exempt country and you don’t stop in the country.

If you do make a stop, you don’t need to self-isolate if:

• no new people get into the vehicle
  • no-one in the vehicle gets out, mixes with other people, and gets in again
You do need to self-isolate if you make a stop and:

• new people get into the vehicle, or
  • someone gets out of the vehicle, mixes with other people and gets in again

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We book the tunnel back in February for mid September in the hope that Covid might have been on the retreat by then, so if France stays on the naughty list and Germany is still open, then we plan to scoot across the naughty countries and pickup where we left off on the Mosel a couple of years ago.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
I can get to Reil this coming monday morning. Whats the chances of getting a pitch with electric?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Maybe Snowbird has run out of Cheddar cheese to curry favour with Madam Mayor.
I m sure some funsters who are en route will give consideration to currying favour with Dave by means of a strong cheddar .............................. in order that Madam Mayor sorts out the electrics for the wifi

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I m sure some funsters who are en route will give consideration to currying favour with Dave by means of a strong cheddar .............................. in order that Madam Mayor sorts out the electrics for the wifi

I always carry a good, no, large supply of my strength 6, Vintage Somerset Cruncher Cheddar and Port, but can I be tempted to part with any, Oooh, now that's a tough'y. :giggle:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I always carry a good, no, large supply of my strength 6, Vintage Somerset Cruncher Cheddar and Port, but can I be tempted to part with any, Oooh, now that's a tough'y. :giggle:
Ooh, I do hope so Paul. You certainly never parted with any when you were at Jim & Sian's. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. ;)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
Maybe Snowbird has run out of Cheddar cheese to curry favour with Madam Mayor.
I have some port enthused cheddar gorge chesse shall I keep it tI’ll we land at reil stellplatz for the mayor. Just trying to keep cordial relations between the uk and Germany

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
I can get to Reil this coming monday morning. Whats the chances of getting a pitch with electric?
Most of the weekenders move early Monday morning so fairly good bring long leads just in case.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back