Rally Mosel rolling meet 2020. (1 Viewer)

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Talking of trains.................as we're in the area for 5 days we'd like to visit Cochem and Koblenz. Firstly, as Koblenz is 50 miles away, is it worth seeing and secondly is there a rail / bus service that might get us there?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Talking of trains.................as we're in the area for 5 days we'd like to visit Cochem and Koblenz. Firstly, as Koblenz is 50 miles away, is it worth seeing and secondly is there a rail / bus service that might get us there?
Koblenz is definitely worth a day out, check out the steak house Los Gauchos in the square Brunnen Am Plan.
Or opposite a great Italian L’Osteria (Fantastic!!)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just a quick bit of info for those wishing to visit Reil but wish to travel around the area. there is a local rail station in Reil about a 10 minute walk away from the Stellplatz. There is also a landing stage 5 minute walk away for the river bus service travelling both up and down river.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Thanks for the info - can you take dogs on the train do you know?
We have taken our dog on trains in Germany and also on the boats.

Attachments

• 130918 Mosel Bat Trip (4).JPG
    130918 Mosel Bat Trip (4).JPG
    265.8 KB · Views: 35

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Snowbird Is it busy on the aire, have you any indication on how busy the aires are, as I might be spending a bit more time in Germany, as I think my trip to croatia is slowly going up the spout🙄

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Snowbird Is it busy on the aire, have you any indication on how busy the aires are, as I might be spending a bit more time in Germany, as I think my trip to croatia is slowly going up the spout🙄
You can view quite a few stellplatze on these cams , there is usually plenty of space when you look at the number on the Mosel https://www.mosel-webcams.de/ some can handle 800+ !

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

It is busy as the Germans seem to be staying in there home country this year. Having said that, vans are coming and going all the time. Midweek is the best time to get a riverside pitch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We're in Germany social distancing doesn't seem to arrived yet, 🙄 Janie keeps telling them, and they look at us with our masks on, probably thinking you only need to wear them in shops. 🤔
Yesterday was the only time we have paid to park since leaving home in Spain, the stelplatz money collection chap, came round taking reg numbers, you then had a post box with envelopes and a form to fill in and put the right money in, and post in the box. 😀
It must be counted in a controlled environment. 😎 Bob.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
From recollection of our stay a few years ago there was generally only hookup for the front row, facing the river.
I’m sure Snowbird who is on site now can elaborate
That’s possibly true because I remember driving over cables lying across the gravel road

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sorry about the late reply, an old travelling friend turned up from Chechnya who I have not seen in over 15 years and we had a little catching up to do. There is 16 amp hookup at 2 Euros per day. Some pitches are some distance from the hookup post, but I do have an extension if anyone is short and they wish to borrow it.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Anyone done Berlin from Reil ? I fancy taking the wife in M'home after spending a few days with you lot. I served there during the cold war and have never been back since. Looks like free overnight parking next to bus station.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
If you are going to Berlin from Reil its worth having a day in Leipzig , just so wife can have some retail therapy :)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Anyone done Berlin from Reil ? I fancy taking the wife in M'home after spending a few days with you lot. I served there during the cold war and have never been back since. Looks like free overnight parking next to bus station.

We went to a wedding in Poland last summer our route took us just south of Berlin, man o man I have never seen queues of trucks like it. Mile after mile of any vehicle over 3.5ton all lined up as they can’t use the second lane. We scooted by in the second lane but it was KIN narrow at times, particularly through any sections of road works, and there were many of those. We returned via Dresden as we were advised it’s less busy, which it was but not by much. We tired of the motorway and meandered our way to Reil where we stayed for a week.

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
If you go to Berlin in the van there is a parking spot within walking distance of the centre, if you don’t want the walk there is a tram spot just outside. It is more like a compound than a site but it is very secure and you have water electricity and toilet and shower.we just googled somewhere to stay with a camper van in Berlin.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We went to a wedding in Poland last summer our route took us just south of Berlin, man o man I have never seen queues of trucks like it. Mile after mile of any vehicle over 3.5ton all lined up as they can’t use the second lane. We scooted by in the second lane but it was KIN narrow at times, particularly through any sections of road works, and there were many of those. We returned via Dresden as we were advised it’s less busy, which it was but not by much. We tired of the motorway and meandered our way to Reil where we stayed for a week.
That's Polish weddings for you. Every man and his dog wants to attend.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
If you go to Berlin in the van there is a parking spot within walking distance of the centre, if you don’t want the walk there is a tram spot just outside. It is more like a compound than a site but it is very secure and you have water electricity and toilet and shower.we just googled somewhere to stay with a camper van in Berlin.
Can you be a little more specific ? its a bit of a biggish place !

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
What route are people taking ftom Calais as we can’t drive through Belgium and Luxembourg
I also thought this but as others have said this restriction hardly applies on your way out and if your only travelling through. I intend to spend one day in Belgium and one in Luxembourg then cross into Germany.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back