Rally Mosel rolling meet 2020. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
A good riverside pitch with fantastic views of the vineyards
Reil 2020 001.JPG
Reil 2020 002.JPG

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I just noticed I didnt update after my post saying i would be there in 20 minutes.

We stayed for 4 or 5 nights I think. Met up with dave and had a couple of chats each day. Out on the lash one night with some germans who had this monster big motorhome and they were trying to buy jenson Buttons 14 metre RV but something about it being 2 metres too long.

We have stayed on the moselle before at Enkirch just down the road but this site is by far superior in terms of river view, nicer village, set up and it has got Dave who is a wealth of local information and madam mayoress uses him as a tea stop.

In short if you are doing the moselle, I would give great consideration to this stop. And at the Globus you can buy a cooked bratwurst in a bun for less than a euro. We also got a tripod bbq from there that you raise the cooking surface above the coals for 35 euros. I ll stick on a photo in next post as photo is on phone

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I just noticed I didnt update after my post saying i would be there in 20 minutes.

We stayed for 4 or 5 nights I think. Met up with dave and had a couple of chats each day. Out on the lash one night with some germans who had this monster big motorhome and they were trying to buy jenson Buttons 14 metre RV but something about it being 2 metres too long.

We have stayed on the moselle before at Enkirch just down the road but this site is by far superior in terms of river view, nicer village, set up and it has got Dave who is a wealth of local information and madam mayoress uses him as a tea stop.

In short if you are doing the moselle, I would give great consideration to this stop. And at the Globus you can buy a cooked bratwurst in a bun for less than a euro. We also got a tripod bbq from there that you raise the cooking surface above the coals for 35 euros. I ll stick on a photo in next post as photo is on phone

Haha, Last year I discovered madam mayoress had a taste for Cheddar cheese, I now have her virtually eating out of the palm of my hand.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'm going to take my old lady on a river cruise, a short one and came across this.

Has anyone any experience of this trip on this section. Recommendations welcomed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I'm going to take my old lady on a river cruise, a short one and came across this.

Has anyone any experience of this trip on this section. Recommendations welcomed.
Do you mean for a day trip? It is a lovely section of the river. We stayed in the campsite there Camping Loreley Blick which is a great stay. Just taking the ferry across the river there is an experience due to the current. We didn’t actually take one of the tourist boats as we were happy watching from the bank. Be aware some of the trips are “party boats” !

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Do you mean for a day trip? It is a lovely section of the river. We stayed in the campsite there Camping Loreley Blick which is a great stay. Just taking the ferry across the river there is an experience due to the current. We didn’t actually take one of the tourist boats as we were happy watching from the bank. Be aware some of the trips are “party boats” !
Thanks, Its the two hour trip, one way on boat back on train I think. I'll look at the detail again. Thanks for campsite recommendation

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

I was awake half the night on that campsite with trains going by.

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012

I’ve done this many times when I was a coach driver, and many times since while motorcycling,
St Goar is nice, but the boat trips are excellent, with bar and food on board. You could catch the boat at St Goar and get off at Rudeshiem for a couple of hours visit before returning on the same boat. You could also do a night time cruise with music, wine, and dancing. All the castles are lit up at night and it is a different experience from the day cruises. Of course it may have all changed with social distancing.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I was awake half the night on that campsite with trains going by.
We like the sound of trains, sends us to sleep. We stayed on lots of aires in Germany often right by the line. In general they were very quiet as if had rubber wheels. The goods trains on the Rhine of course a bit noisier bit not as noisy as the grind of the coal barges against the current!

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
That was my original plan but I'm unable to find a website that does it in this direction ? I must be missing something.
Phil these boats run all the time, like buses. At every town there’s a stop for boarding, there’s a ticket office and a time table. Just catch one early from where you stay, get off at Rudeshiem, they don’t go further than there. When you’ve had enough just catch another back. You can even take push bikes on the boats. You don’t need a web site to book. The campsite at St Goar is nice, it’s about 10 minute walk from there to the town to catch the boat. Don’t worry it’s easy.

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
We are thinking of turning left out of the Tunnel instead of right as we usually do for our late summer break. Forgive our naivety with Belgium/Germany stuff but is it as easy to get onto aire/ sites equivalents as it is in France and are there ‘go to’ areas? Clearly this post is Mosel related and is one of them. We intend doing 3-5 weeks, till the weather breaks I suppose.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are thinking of turning left out of the Tunnel instead of right as we usually do for our late summer break. Forgive our naivety with Belgium/Germany stuff but is it as easy to get onto aire/ sites equivalents as it is in France and are there ‘go to’ areas? Clearly this post is Mosel related and is one of them. We intend doing 3-5 weeks, till the weather breaks I suppose.
If you look at Camper Contact you will see loads and loads of free Aires in the Mosel/Romantic Valley area. Also, I'm guessing that Germany is going to be a lot cheaper than France, particularly in the bars and when purchasing beer. Buying beer in a French bar is a scary experience LOL. Also, no tolls in Germany if not over 3.5T and some great campsites in the black forest area whose prices drop in September and the biggest attraction of them all.........Bratties ! Also, on your way over why not spend a day at the Waterloo battle site. New Aire and superb museums, so I'm told.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you

There is an Aire on the south side of the town just past the campsite opposite the Lorelei easy walking into town and only E5 a night as opposed to E30 a night at the campsite. Well as for experience of St Goar is extensive! Lads holiday in 1974 on bikes stopped in St Goar, last one to the pub buys the beer, my mate leapt over a small hedge and fell smashing his elbow into numerous bits! We had to repatriate his bike etc, he spent 10 weeks in a hospital staffed by nuns! Just the thing for a randy young lad...........Oh how we laughed at his misfortune . Where ever you stop you cannot fail to hear the trains though they run 24/7

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
There is an Aire on the south side of the town just past the campsite opposite the Lorelei easy walking into town and only E5 a night as opposed to E30 a night at the campsite. Well as for experience of St Goar is extensive! Lads holiday in 1974 on bikes stopped in St Goar, last one to the pub buys the beer, my mate leapt over a small hedge and fell smashing his elbow into numerous bits! We had to repatriate his bike etc, he spent 10 weeks in a hospital staffed by nuns! Just the thing for a randy young lad...........Oh how we laughed at his misfortune . Where ever you stop you cannot fail to hear the trains though they run 24/7
Thanks for this. The campsite is €23.50 per night ! There is free parking in the town itself next to the bus parking, according to Park4Night and we will check this out first before trying the Aire you suggest. That is now €7.00 without Lecce.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
It all depends on where you are going, all the touristy bits are going to be busy to some extent, I.e mosel, romantic route, castle route etc, but as relative moho newbies last year (been doing Germany, Austria for years on the Harley) we never found any problems finding a place on a Stellplatz, but that was June and September last year. We’re off end of August for a three week trip to Croatia and back👍

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Quick question. We are looking to be with you at Reil from 20th - 24th Sept. Do we have to book or can we just rock up?

Disregard :LOL: . Its all in post #74(y). Was just being lazy and recovering from a long weekend with David and Sally - too tired to read through 172 posts!

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Quick question. We are looking to be with you at Reil from 20th - 24th Sept. Do we have to book or can we just rock up?

No reservations just turn up.....

Pete

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We stayed on the stelplatz at Sankt Goar the Rhine is very noisy compared with the Mosel, because the germans are very efficient at using the railways to move goods, and they are both sides of the Rhine and all night long is train noise. 😯
They both have barges passing, but very rare they wake you. 😁

More important is to remember when you buy cans or bottles even water they have a deposit charged and you soon learn to take them back because it's about 25c if I remember right. 😃

Have a good trip we are heading that way at the moment. 😎 Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back