Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hello mate, just wondering how long your staying in Germany,. we are probably heading for Trier on September 15th

We will be here until around the 23 August this year. Normally it would be mid September but hospital appointments mean I have to cut this trip short.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its been a busy day here in Reil. First it was the hogroast on the stellplatz, then the winefest about 100 meters up the lane in the village. champers, you will be pleased to know we started at number 8 and went through to number 12. There are another 6 to try tomorrow.
Reil 2019 001.JPG
Reil 2019 005.JPG
Reil 2019 002.JPG
Reil 2019 004.JPG
Reil 2019 003.JPG

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Its been a busy day here in Reil. First it was the hogroast on the stellplatz, then the winefest about 100 meters up the lane in the village. champers, you will be pleased to know we started at number 8 and went through to number 12. There are another 6 to try tomorrow.
View attachment 323568View attachment 323569View attachment 323570View attachment 323571View attachment 323572
NNooooo not allowed without us ... how are we going to know what No 8 etc taste like now ...didn't think Swen was going to have a roast but glad he changed his mind hope he had a good turnout xx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Ven
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
NNooooo not allowed without us ... how are we going to know what No 8 etc taste like now ...didn't think Swen was going to have a roast but glad he changed his mind hope he had a good turnout xx

Excellent turnout. I think he just had one on him before, he seems happy now. Dont worry, we can always turn the numbers back next summer.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
We’re at Reil, too, trying to decide whether to stay for a few more days. We may well move tomorrow but I will worry that we might give up a brilliant riverside spot for the back row at another place!

It was nice chatting to Snowbird and hilldweller and their better halves. There were/are a couple of other GB vans here and an English/Irish couple in a Spanish registered van, who we had a beer with at the snack bar the other day.

To be honest, you could spend all your trip here but we came to see the whole area, so we should move on. We’ve cycled in both directions along the river and don’t fancy the hills involved in cycling anywhere else.

Wherever we go, it will be Globus at Zell first. It’s a great shop and a match for any hyper-market we have been in.

The weather is forecast to be hotter with early 30s next week, so plenty of beer will be needed.

Tony & Kirsty

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sadly, another summer on the Mosel comes to an end for us today as we prepare to leave Reil for Dunkirk later this morning. Once more its been a great summer here meeting old friends and new and we look forward to next summer back on the Mosel. I would like to thank all those that came to say Hi and hope you enjoyed it as much as we have. For those still pottering about on the Mosel, this weekend is the winefest in the village at Reil, that unfortunately we will miss. A great time was had by all last year. Till the next time, bye Reil.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well Hilldweller got it wrong.

Reil just the quietest place on Earth, but virtually no internet due the number of people overloading the free WiFi and mobile networks.

So we took off to another old favouriite, Sankt Goar. Guess what, internet overloaded, no connections. So we go to bed and Oh My God is that boat coming into the van, it that train derailed ?

Something is different in the railway, the wheels are making a near hypersonic screaming noise. No sleep that night.

So it seems to me that we all have so many connected gadgets we far exceed the capacity of holiday locations. So much for internet TV !

I'm typing this from a semi deserted campside in Valkenberg. Internet OK. No trains. No boats.

But boring as hell compared to the Rhein.

• Informative
Reactions: Ven
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well Hilldweller got it wrong.

Reil just the quietest place on Earth, but virtually no internet due the number of people overloading the free WiFi and mobile networks.

So we took off to another old favouriite, Sankt Goar. Guess what, internet overloaded, no connections. So we go to bed and Oh My God is that boat coming into the van, it that train derailed ?

Something is different in the railway, the wheels are making a near hypersonic screaming noise. No sleep that night.

So it seems to me that we all have so many connected gadgets we far exceed the capacity of holiday locations. So much for internet TV !

I'm typing this from a semi deserted campside in Valkenberg. Internet OK. No trains. No boats.

But boring as hell compared to the Rhein.

The secret for good internet at Reil, is do not park down the bottom end and once you have logged on keep your device plugged in to power. It will not kick you off after 10 minutes if you follow this rule.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
We’ve left the Mosel behind today and are on the Stellplatz at Lahnstein on the Lahn where it meets the Rhine just south of Koblenz. We plan to cycle into Koblenz tomorrow, so we may just see the Mosel waters as they join the Rhine.

We had a great time on the Mosel and will undoubtedly return. The last few nights have been spent at Weingut Loosen in Ellenz-Poltersdorf. Tight spaces but more than made up for by the hosts’ wine at 4.50€ a bottle. They have a terrace with tables and most of those staying seem to sample the wine. I feel that the Mosel ‘trocken’ or dry wine is still a bit sweet for me everywhere I’ve tried it but I managed a few bottles. They also sold very young ‘wine’ called Federweisser at 3€ a bottle. The lady said her husband harvested the grapes on Monday and it was on sale by the end of the week. Legally it can be sold as soon as the alcohol content reaches 4%. We tried a bottle and it was way too sweet for me. It looks and tastes a bit like sweet cloudy apple juice. They don’t cap it tightly to avoid explosions and it’s said to have laxative properties, but I expect the quantity involved is more than we drank!

The weather has taken a bit of a downturn in the last few days. Heavy rain on both Saturday and Sunday, though a bit better today.

The only downside of our trip so far is that someone has stolen our mirror protectors. I think it happened today at a supermarket in Ernst, where we had to park outside the car park and walk in, though I only noticed they’d gone after we’d been here at Lahnstein for about an hour. I don’t suppose there is any way of securing them against theft. At least the mirrors are undamaged. Let’s hope they remain that way for the rest of the holiday.

I’m not sure where we will go next, probably south along the Rhine for a few days. We have a maximum of a fortnight left, I think, so still a bit of time to explore before heading for home.

Tony & Kirsty

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
Try the villery and boch museum at Mettlach, just afew miles away also a brewery there and a lot of outlet shops

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back