Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Don't worry he will very likely be giving you a wave if he sees you on the road?
He has gone one better than that.
Although I didn’t see any Funster stickers on the van he is a member on here and saw my post.
He has PM’d me with an apology and the good reasons why he didn’t immediately respond.
All is forgiven and good on him for coming forward. A proper gent I think. (y) :D

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
He has gone one better than that.
Although I didn’t see any Funster stickers on the van he is a member on here and saw my post.
He has PM’d me with an apology and the good reasons why he didn’t immediately respond.
All is forgiven and good on him for coming forward. A proper gent I think. (y) :D

Richard.
Wow, that's a result I've just put a Funster sticker in my front window and starting our trip on Sunday, I'm looking forward to possibly coming across the odd one [ I'm odd also any times} I'm sure I will on the Mosel as there is a constant gathering of sorts.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We’ve stumbled upon Watten after driving a grueling 30 miles yesterday and like it so much we are going to stay a few days as the sun is shining. We lucked out and got a corner spot too so we have this outlook. We will gently head towards the Mosel next :)
AC0ADC2F-44B7-4940-8C7B-133DB16A4805.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The winefest went well at Karina yesterday afternoon. We stopped a couple of bottles from going off, but I did like the idea of choosing 6 glasses for tasting before ordering a bottle.
Iphone 2 046.JPG
Iphone 2 052.JPG
Iphone 2 048.JPG

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
We’ve stumbled upon Watten after driving a grueling 30 miles yesterday and like it so much we are going to stay a few days as the sun is shining. We lucked out and got a corner spot too so we have this outlook. We will gently head towards the Mosel next :)View attachment 311974
We stayed there last week, popular spot but very nice. Have you been to 'Le Blockhaus d'Eperlecques'? A fascinating, historical place to visit that filled us with very much mixed emotions.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We stayed there last week, popular spot but very nice. Have you been to 'Le Blockhaus d'Eperlecques'? A fascinating, historical place to visit that filled us with very much mixed emotions.

No we haven’t but I will look it up for the future. Thanks :)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We are in nthe planning stage looking to join some of you after hospital appt on 16th July.
Just wondered what routes you guys took from Calais to say Trier?
The E42 then 51 is showing the most direct route.
However the alternative route A25 past Lille, then E42 then E411 around Luxembourg is showing many roadworks delays etc.
Thanks for any advice.
Les

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are in nthe planning stage looking to join some of you after hospital appt on 16th July.
However the alternative route A25 past Lille, then E42 then E411 around Luxembourg is showing many roadworks delays etc.
Thanks for any advice.
Les

I always transit Luxembourg to take advantage of cheap fuel as I have long range tanks fitted.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
We have stayed at Gan Spet just up the road. Used it as first night stop from Calais before going on to France ,Switzerland, Italy. And on the return to Calais.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Thanks for any advice.
Les
I came via Luxembourg a few weeks back. There were roadworks but no significant delays - that was a Monday. It might have seemed slow in a car expecting to do 130kph, but at MH speeds it was not significant to me.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Well Snowbird, we’ve been here all day and been down to your van to say hello about 4 times ! You must be gadding about again ?
So we are off to Calais in the morning, thanks for posting about the site here at Reil, it’s great.
Lovely to meet and chat with Whitebirdyman and Mrs Whitebirdyman and also with Dave and Mrs Dave whose user name I didn’t get.
I’m useless with names all round !
Safe travels to all ?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well Snowbird, we’ve been here all day and been down to your van to say hello about 4 times ! You must be gadding about again ?
So we are off to Calais in the morning, thanks for posting about the site here at Reil, it’s great.
Lovely to meet and chat with Whitebirdyman and Mrs Whitebirdyman and also with Dave and Mrs Dave whose user name I didn’t get.
Safe travels to all ?

So sorry to have missed you, but I was up at Zell shopping this morning, then at the karioki and cocktail night tonight. Hope you have enjoyed your trip up the Mosel.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
It was great earlier on but getting a bit thumpy now.
I did wander down to the bar for anyone who looked like you but you must have blended in well with the locals :oops:

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
... we are off to Calais in the morning, thanks for posting about the site here at Reil, it’s great.
Safe travels to all ?
? Twas me, Riverbankannie, as in the backdrop to Snowbird's bottle of wine above, and Alison. I hope you managed some decent sleep in the end because you have a long journey. Beware long blinks!

Dave

Last edited:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A sudden unwelcome change in road surface has welcomed us into Belgium
Whitebirdyman The road up through the village out onto the 49 was good. A few tight uphill turns but nothing dramatic
We just followed the 49 until we reached the 60 turning towards Lüttich ( Liege )
Has taken us just over an hour to Belgium border.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
A sudden unwelcome change in road surface has welcomed us into Belgium
Whitebirdyman The road up through the village out onto the 49 was good. A few tight uphill turns but nothing dramatic
We just followed the 49 until we reached the 60 turning towards Lüttich ( Liege )
Has taken us just over an hour to Belgium border.
Nice to know that route is OK, I shall be leaving Reil tomorrow morning on my way to the Fun Railway Meet at Bodiam.

May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Any arriving before first thing tomorrow you will have two riverside pitches with 16A EHU being vacated.

Dave

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Nice to know that route is OK, I shall be leaving Reil tomorrow morning on my way to the Fun Railway Meet at Bodiam.
We took the Liege, Charleroi, Mons, Lille, Dunkerque route and going steady, no more than 90 -100 on the quick bits, and no hold ups took about 5 1/2 hours as anticipated on the road. Stopped of course for breaks and lunch and so overall 7 1/2 hrs. Oddly, most rest areas full of stationary lorries like a Sunday and although there were some on the road, not very many, we don’t know why.
Left autoroute for fuel at Tournai as we had last topped up in the Kingzig valley in Black Forest. Cheaper Belgium than France so just pulled off onto N7 direction Tournai where there were 4 outlets in a row
Went to LUKOIL third one along, just because easiest to turn into, 1.306 a litre for diesel as opposed to 1.48, I think, on motorway services. They are open on Sunday

Phew it’s hot here on this Cite Europe car park, missing the shade of trees on Mosel riverbank already ! Never mind, I’ll be home to my own little river bank tomorrow ?

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We're on the French Moselle at the moment at Pont a Mousson and possibly will be in Luxembourg tomorrow (to fill up an empty tank!) and then a slow wander up the Mosel.

Are there any places to avoid and where are everybody?

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We're on the French Moselle at the moment at Pont a Mousson and possibly will be in Luxembourg tomorrow (to fill up an empty tank!) and then a slow wander up the Mosel.

Are there any places to avoid and where are everybody?

Am not sure about anyone else, but we will still be here in Reil.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
Any arriving before first thing tomorrow you will have two riverside pitches with 16A EHU being vacated.

Dave
These riverside pitches get grabbed quickly by people waiting in the 2nd row.

I shall probably move mid morning as only going to Cite Europe, no rush then but depends what time I get up.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Arriving in Trier Wednesday.Will anybody be there on the site by
the river.
Stonflo Mike

We're further up river (and so is Clarky but in a different location. Bumped into them whilst cycling today) but we may move to Kesten tomorrow because there's a bit of shade available there!

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have moved from Trittenheim to Wintrich this morning and are back in the land of internet reception.
Trittenheim was a lovely quiet little stopover but the mobile reception was rubbish.
Now on a large, well organised aire/stellplatz with lots of shade.
There is supposed to be free internet but it dropped out after about 10 minutes so back to mobile.

Richard

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We have moved from Trittenheim to Wintrich this morning and are back in the land of internet reception.
Trittenheim was a lovely quiet little stopover but the mobile reception was rubbish.
Now on a large, well organised aire/stellplatz with lots of shade.
There is supposed to be free internet but it dropped out after about 10 minutes so back to mobile.

Richard
Most of the free Internets do, unless you keep the device plugged in to power.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back