Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We have just come through the tunnel and are parked for the night at the nice new aire at Sangatte.
Onwards to Peruweiz in Belgium tomorrow and will bimble along to the Mosel in due course.
Where we actually end up is in the lap of the weather gods but hope to meet a few Funsters en-route.

Richard.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We are on the Reil stellplatz and will be here for most of the summer. When I say that, we do wonder off for days out, beerfests, winefests, foodfests, motorcycle rallies, overland rallies etc, etc.
We like it here as its central for most goings on and I have everything I need here.
We'll be there either on Friday or thereabouts. Frankia with MHFun sticker. Will give you a knock.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
For those of you thinking of coming over to the Mosel this summer here is a good calendar of events that should keep you occupied for a while. Do not even think of trying to do all the winefests unless you are of course suicidal. After the recent rains, the sun is now out without a cloud in the sky, just that damned crop spraying helicopter spraying the vines on the opposite riverbank.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We have just come through the tunnel and are parked for the night at the nice new aire at Sangatte.
Onwards to Peruweiz in Belgium tomorrow and will bimble along to the Mosel in due course.
Where we actually end up is in the lap of the weather gods but hope to meet a few Funsters en-route.

Richard.
We now use that aire instead of Cite Europe (unless arriving later at night) great views over the channel and nice area.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I found this clip on youtube which shows the BBQ on the Stellplatz at Reil that Sven set up last year. Cant wait for this years effort.

Reactions: Ven
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
So happy to be back in the Moselle, especially as we've got a frontline pitch with leccy at Reil. :D:D

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
So happy to be back in the Moselle, especially as we've got a frontline pitch with leccy at Reil. :D:D

Where are you, we have moved onto the hardstanding this morning from what was our last years pitch. Second van in, with a Smartcar behind it.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks so much for all the useful info on here and last year’s thread. We are on the tunnel next Tuesday and are going to meander towards Germany :)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
We are heading to Polch N+B in the next 10 days and then onto Reil spelplatz to see what it’s all about,last time we intended to do the Mosel we abandoned it as the weather was diabolical so fingers crossed this time.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I had lunch in the Globus at Zell today, probably stay put a couple of days then come to Reil.

Jim

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I had lunch in the Globus at Zell today, probably stay put a couple of days then come to Reil.

Jim

We had lunch up there yesterday. Just in case you dont know, but the takeaway just outside the restaurant does a type of pork meatloaf. its delicious, but if you put it in the van fridge and slice and fry it, it makes a good substitute for bacon with your full English.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Where are you, we have moved onto the hardstanding this morning from what was our last years pitch. Second van in, with a Smartcar behind it.
We are about 50 yds from service point under a tree in a Frankia A class. Just taking dog for a walk then we will pop up and say hello.

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
I think its time this thread was reported and closed down
It is just encouraging people that should be in France to travel over the border
Also I'm no heading for Germany till September and would prefer not to know others are out there enjoying themselves. Not reading the thread is not an option if its available:frowny:
Likely to hit the Mosel at some point then though.
On the plus side I have just twelve work days left before retirement mid July :dance2:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think its time this thread was reported and closed down
It is just encouraging people that should be in France to travel over the border
Also I'm no heading for Germany till September and would prefer not to know others are out there enjoying themselves. Not reading the thread is not an option if its available:frowny:
Likely to hit the Mosel at some point then though.
On the plus side I have just twelve work days left before retirement mid July :dance2:

France eh, Oh how the wealthy funsters live. I cant afford beer at 4 quid a thimble full. I like my beer in a respectable size glass.
Germany 2015 006.JPG

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
On a site for the night then to Dunkirk tomorrow thence to Koksijd to see a great uncles grave WW1. Then Bruges, To Laclususe and finally the mosele :D:cool:

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I am leaving Zell this morning and the plan is to head to Reil.

Zell has been great for walking on the slopes of the valley, probably plenty more to do for a few more days. Plenty of space in the sp for anyone thinking of heading this way.

Jim

Reactions: Ven
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sven, the guy that runs the little bar, dinner on the Reil Stellplatz has informed me that he will be hosting a music and cocktail night on Friday at 5pm. Anyone in the area would be most welcome as all of his events we have ever been to have been great fun. Looking forward to it.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Currently in Koksijde two stops from Trier. 6 nights and we will be there. Looking forward to it.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
After bumbling around France and Belgium for the last few days we have finally made it to the Mosel.
Parked at Mehring and drove straight into a front row spot. (y)
Had one of the friendliest welcomes ever from fellow campers.
A German chap came over to tell us that if we wanted electric we would need to move as all the sockets were full where we had parked. I explained that we can live on sun alone so no problem for us.
Then a Belgian fellow welcomed us and we had a short but very good natured chat about Br****. o_O
The Brit next door didn’t even bother to look up or raise a hand in greeting............typical. :moon2:

Might eventually get to Reil. :D

Richard.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
France eh, Oh how the wealthy funsters live. I cant afford beer at 4 quid a thimble full. I like my beer in a respectable size glass.
View attachment 310524

I like the way 'er indoors is holding your next one at the ready.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We are on the last stop of our tour of Bavaria, currently at Rhine Falls so may make it back to Mosel on our way back. It’s another official bank holiday on Thursday so that may affect our plans.
June 20: Corpus Christi (Fronleichnam) (R)
The Feast of Corpus Christi takes place 60 days after Easter Sunday, and dates back to the second half of the thirteenth-century. On this day many Germans attend the church service, where special attention is paid to the sacrament’s blessing which consists of only bread or wafers. It is celebrated in Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria, Hesse, North Rhine-Westphalia, Rhineland-Palatinate, Saarland, and some local authorities in Saxony and Thuringia.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
I don't know how much effect the holiday Thursday will have on SP places, but I will likely stay at Reil for a few days anyway.

Jim

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I don't know how much effect the holiday Thursday will have on SP places, but I will likely stay at Reil for a few days anyway.

Jim

There are no shortage of places at the minute, but there is a music and cocktail evening here on Friday, so that could change things.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
And there is also the Hofest with music on Thursday and Friday at 5pm at one of the wine places just along the path by the river.

Jim

This is the one Jim. We will be going for a walk up there this afternoon if anyone would like to join us.

Oct 8, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Sunlight
Exp
32 years
This is the one Jim. We will be going for a walk up there this afternoon if anyone would like to join us.

Great! My current plan is to head up there today as tomorrow would clash with the cocktails and music on the SP.

Jim

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Great! My current plan is to head up there today as tomorrow would clash with the cocktails and music on the SP.

Jim

Have you any idea what time it starts Jim ?. I could pop up there later and find out if it helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back