LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If we are talking food we had a very slow plod from Bruges as I wanted to do the coast road from Ostend to Gravelines, looking at the various places people stay when catching ferry ir getting Shuttle home, nothing special and mostly dull ended up in Gravelines again, nowt special, but did have a very good meal at LeTurbot in town. We turned up at 8.30pm (its last orders at 9pm) on a Saturday night, she said they had no tables, they did, and she was going to turn us away but I pointed to an empty table and said I was very hungry, she let us in, weird woman, Pretensions of fine dining but doesn’t quite hack it, only two waiting on staff, The maître d′ who was going to turn us away, and one young girl who would benefit from a bit more training, having said that We both had the 3 course (5 if you count the sorbet and other little dish) €34 menu starting with Coquile St Jaque, and the recommended house speciality of turbot in a champagne sauce I thought the sauce was a bit to heavy/creamy but it was served with a wisp of carrot, some mangetout sticking out of a soupçon of creamy mash, a piece of asparagus and a nats cock of broccoli, very tasty though, lime sorbet in between the rum baba and ice cream for me and pineapple and ice cream for Marg, I ate most of that though , very good

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
6430EA87-4BB2-41E6-AE48-65FF7A0938FA.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Could of sworn I was sat next to John Sergeant though, what do you think?

370D2C33-C0AB-44C2-9C16-8BD32ED857B2.jpeg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have been a bit lazy of late in reporting our exploits on the Mosel, as I think we are now the last stragglers of this long drawn out meet.

After a lovely couple of nights at Zell we motored up a few miles to Ediger. Again we were only going to stop for coffee, but events overtook us and we decided to stay longer. Had a lovely Sunday lunch at a local restaurant in the village, again TripAdviser's No 2.

Stayed another night because on Monday we took the bus into Cochem. What a delightful town to walk around and also went up to visit the Castle and then up another chair lift to another amazing outlook point.

On Tuesday we motored through the rest of the Mosel valley and ended up at Koblenz, where it meets the Rhine. Tried to get on the Aire, but it was full, so we have had to stop on the adjacent campsite overlooking the junction of the two rivers. OK site in a great location but probably the most I have spent for a site in years! I reckon they only have the small cheaper Aire to lure motorhomers to their doorstep.

Today we have explored Koblenz, had a nice lunch (thanks again TripAdviser), took the cable car across the Rhine and explored the fort on the other side. Back down, walk into town and had the best ice cream I have had outside of Italy. And then caught the little foot ferry back to the site. Just had a wander around the site, which is three quarters full with mainly motorhomes. Nearly all German expect a few Dutch, Belgian and Swedish. As far as I can see we are the only Brits though.

Tomorrow we leave the Mosel and I suppose that meas the end of this long running meet. :cry::cry: We will therefore switch the lights out and close up before we leave. :D2

We are then heading for Polch to stay at N&B's Stellplatz and press ours noses up against the glass of their swanky showrooms. Not intending to buy, but you never know ..........

Then we will be making our way home ..........

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We are then heading for Polch to stay at N&B's Stellplatz and press ours noses up against the glass of their swanky showrooms. Not intending to buy, but you never know ..........
SNAP, and it'll be the same across the road at Niesmann Camping, with their huge Concorde Liners. ;)

A well stocked accessory shop BTW Peter. (y) The adjacent filling station, sold the cheapest Diesel and Autogas that we saw, during most of our tour of the Mosel. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
SNAP, and it'll be the same across the road at Niesmann Camping, with their huge Concorde Liners. ;)

A well stocked accessory shop BTW Peter. (y) The adjacent filling station, sold the cheapest Diesel and Autogas that we saw, during most of our tour of the Mosel. (y)

Cheers,

Thanks Jock.

So there are two lots of temptation. And I am a sucker for buying accessories that I want but do not really need and then end up selling them a couple of years later!

Cheap diesel sounds good. But on the way up we filled up in Luxembourg and I think we have enough left in the tank to do so again on the way back. May fill up with LPG though. (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Bloody hell Jock, that is a big accessory shop with all sorts of things I have not seen before. And sure enough it sucked nearly €50 out of me!

Good news is that I did not see any new motorhome that I thought was worth changing ours for. Mind you got tempted by a couple of Hymers in the dealer opposite That were 2018 models and had been reduced a lot. But still not good enough for us to change. At least that is what I am instructed to say.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Bloody hell Jock, that is a big accessory shop with all sorts of things I have not seen before. And sure enough it sucked nearly €50 out of me!
:rofl:

All I was after was one of these.........

43603057_1608476429256512_4244626156122275840_n.jpg

.................but they could only supply the newer version, which won't fit our flue (different screw holes). :(

Cheers,

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Hi, all,
Finally arrived home friday, the last 6 days having to stop overnight on aires with hook-up as leisure batteries were shot, overnight at Brownhills thursday new batteries fitted friday, all charging circuits tested and were ok so i have not blown them up, anyway had a great time and laughs with funsters on our travels you know who you are, ready for next ride out already and thanks snowbird for setting all this rolling.
Bill and Lynne
Ps now on diet

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
welcome home both hows your livers......it was a pleasure

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Presently on the Wohnmobil Stellplatz at Traben Trabach. It was packed out at the end of August when we stopped off on way to Croatia, but its even more packed now. Loads of vans wandering around looking for places on camp sites and stellplatz. We got the last place here around noon time on Friday, after that it was a constant stream of people looking for a place. No English here and the weather is still incredible. Cycled in shirt sleeves to Berncastel yesterday, it was too busy. We passed loads of sites/stellplatz and everyone looked full. I'm left wondering when is the best time to visit the Moselle area?

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
We will be heading to the Mosel in June next year . Dunkirk to a small town near a cemetry we wish to visit in Belgium then on Brugge for a few nights.
On to Rochfort for a couple of nights then through Luxemberg and on to Trier. Will wander towards Cochem about 10 days using Stellplatz. Back to Maastritch on to Gent and home via Dunkirk.
Its nearly 5 weeks which is long for us

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
We will be heading to the Mosel in June next year . Dunkirk to a small town near a cemetry we wish to visit in Belgium then on Brugge for a few nights.
On to Rochfort for a couple of nights then through Luxemberg and on to Trier. Will wander towards Cochem about 10 days using Stellplatz. Back to Maastritch on to Gent and home via Dunkirk.
Its nearly 5 weeks which is long for us

There is an increasingly large retail park on the hill above the western bank of the Mosel at Zell above and beyond the hospital which can be seen from the stellplatz near the road bridge next to the swimming pool. There is a Globus hyper market there to rival any Tesco Extra and the fuel and log is usually a tad cheaper if you have not filled up in Luxembourg.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
There is a Globus hyper market there to rival any Tesco Extra and the fuel and log is usually a tad cheaper if you have not filled up in Luxembourg.
TBH, we found their fuel to be dearer than most other outlets in the area. :(
An upside of Globus though, was the 24 hr laundry facility at the rear of the store, and close by is an Aldi, a Lidl, and a TUV Station, should you need to source an Umwelt Plakette........................along with quiet and safe overnighting (no facilities). (y)

Cheers,

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
TBH, we found their fuel to be dearer than most other outlets in the area. :(
An upside of Globus though, was the 24 hr laundry facility at the rear of the store, and close by is an Aldi, a Lidl, and a TUV Station, should you need to source an Umwelt Plakette........................along with quiet and safe overnighting (no facilities). (y)

Cheers,

But don’t forget the Bratwurst Hot dog for €1.10 in the foyer!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back