LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2014
Grangemouth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We are looking forward to meeting you all. Our fist rally will be at the Falkirk Wheel then the Bring and buy. Hoping to meet Morocco bound people so we can meet new friends and have lots of fun. Retiring next week so time is ours.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We are looking forward to meeting you all. Our fist rally will be at the Falkirk Wheel then the Bring and buy. Hoping to meet Morocco bound people so we can meet new friends and have lots of fun. Retiring next week so time is ours.

Congratulations on your retirement. We will be at the Bring and Buy, happy to talk about our vast experience of Morocco (after one visit!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years

Congratulations Im sure you will enjoy all your free time , only 18 months to go for us , can't wait to start traveling again full time .

Paul

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Getting back to the original theme of this thread.............:D

If anyone is interested I've just posted an updated version of the "Taking a Motorhome to Morocco" resource. Nothing much changed, just a bit of tidying up, ready for the next adventure.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
"Morocco Meet" at Malvern

Just a "bump" reminder for anyone who might be interested. Saturday afternoon, 3-ish in the Funster Marquee. Bring your favourite beverage and we'll provide some cakey things.

It's not going to be a formal presentation, just a couple of displays of info, maps, guide books etc. Whilst there will be probably most of the info you're likely to need, there's nothing like chatting to someone who's actually experienced it.

So to this end, anybody who has Morocco experience and could spare an hour or so to join in would be most welcome. We'll give you a badge and you can have first dibs at the chocolate caramel shortcake!

Terry

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I'd love to return to Morocco and would love to travel over with someone else, even if only to get through the border. All being well, I hope to be in southern Portugal around Dec/Jan so will watch this thread with interest and perhaps join some of you for the crossing.

I'm getting a bit excited.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
My solution was to use Moroccan bottle with regulator, and feed in via BBQ point..

I kept the gas in the fixed LPG tank in reserve..

The Gaslow connection hose, feeding in via the fill point, will only use gas from the bottle if the refillable is empty.

I don't have a BBQ point on this van and I've only got a small LPG tank. Is it possible to rig something up for the van without a BBQ point?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@JackieP was going to suggest you try to get to Malvern, but then I noticed you're on the (lovely) IoM so that's probably out.

I've prepared some further info sheets which will be on display at Malvern, so when I get back I'll send you a copy of the gas one - can't do it until then 'cos off to the New Forest tomorrow then to Malvern and everything's now packed away in the van. May give you some other ideas.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Okay everybody (especially @JackieP ), just uploaded an updated Resource to include the information sheets we displayed at Malvern. Hope you find them useful.

PS - Horshamjack has started another thread "Morocco 2016" (spelt properly).
Suggest all further posts are placed there. Now if I could remember how to put in a link..... It's in the Motorhome Chat section.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Okay everybody (especially @JackieP ), just uploaded an updated Resource to include the information sheets we displayed at Malvern. Hope you find them useful.

PS - Horshamjack has started another thread "Morocco 2016" (spelt properly).
Suggest all further posts are placed there. Now if I could remember how to put in a link..... It's in the Motorhome Chat section.
terry when going south the police ask for your fishe
the answer is no mamge fish . horrible .
fill their form in wrong . never use your pen make them get one for you . cause as much holdup and confusion as you can . when they ask name you say idont know your name you havent told me .
one year we will go back and guide you through two fingers to authority way.
its good fun .

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated. Good to know getting into the country is a little easier now.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Well we ain't coming this time
I have been peeing blood for a few weeks so last week I went for the camera up the japs eye and a kidney scan it's all come back clear but they found my prostrate is enlarged and I am pre diabetic
so next week it's off for a scan to see what's what
Plus with all the panic Elaines blood pressure is off the charts again
Strange thing I am quite calm and feel OK other than being bloody peed off :LOL:that we stuck at home
So all plans on hold we may be able to get away mid March somewhere

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Sorry to hear that Peter, I hope you get all your plumbing sorted out soon!

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

Having a (much) milder similar problem Peter I know what you're going through. Elaine, don't panic it's all treatable and you'll both soon be sorted out I'm sure.

Keep smiling and no doubt we'll meet up later.

Terry

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I have been peeing blood for a few weeks so last week I went for the camera up the japs eye and a kidney scan it's all come back clear but they found my prostrate is enlarged and I am pre diabetic
so next week it's off for a scan to see what's what
Plus with all the panic Elaines blood pressure is off the charts again
Strange thing I am quite calm and feel OK other than being bloody peed off :LOL:that we stuck at home

Loads of us male Funsters have had problems with the prostate so tell Elaine not to worry. The main thing is to find out what the issue is, the sooner the better.
Good luck!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back