Morrisons LPG - no issues at all (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Regarding isolating the gas for the habitation. Isn’t this supposed to be isolated before taking the vehicle on the road anyway? I’m new to this, but at handover the sales chap said the law is that it has to be turned off when on the road.
Depends on the type of regulator fitted.
Many vans have the Truma regulator with 'crash' protection. Valves that will cut the gas supply in the case of a crash and therefor you can leave on all the time. About the only time our gas gets turned off is for filling (if I remember) and going through the tunnel to France.

Richard.

dhall26

Free Member
Aug 19, 2012
South lincs
Funster No
MH
Self Built Ducato
Exp
Never had refillable cylinders, only underslung. Why do you need to turn the cylinder off?

Dec 9, 2020
Huddersfield
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Since Nov 2020
Depends on the type of regulator fitted.
Many vans have the Truma regulator with 'crash' protection. Valves that will cut the gas supply in the case of a crash and therefor you can leave on all the time. About the only time our gas gets turned off is for filling (if I remember) and going through the tunnel to France.

Richard.
Thanks Richard. I think I’ll look into changing mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Dont even know how to turn my refillables off. Do they have a turn screw knob like calor bottles?
Yes, very much the same as Calor cylinders, though some of the newer refillables have a large plastic on off valve at right angles to the neck.

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back