Morrisons LPG - no issues at all (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We took the camper out today (first time for 4 months!) and it was lovely but hubby is having to 'learn' how to drive it again, get used to the size etc, I'm sure he'll be well versed after our drive to Wales on Sunday though ... anyway back to the point of this thread! :giggle:

We needed fuel and gas so went to Morrisons at Anlaby, E Yorks and filled up both, gas was 57.7p per litre and diesel £1.247 per litre, no issue whatsoever with being allowed to fill the gas and once full hubby went in to pay but was told that they are used to MHs going in and wanting gas and fuel so are happy to wait until they've done both before they pay for them.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm confused. :unsure: I thought you were heading up to Scotland a few days ago? EDIT: Just saw on your other thread, hope your feeling better now.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
We took the camper out today (first time for 4 months!) and it was lovely but hubby is having to 'learn' how to drive it again, get used to the size etc, I'm sure he'll be well versed after our drive to Wales on Sunday though ... anyway back to the point of this thread! :giggle:

We needed fuel and gas so went to Morrisons at Anlaby, E Yorks and filled up both, gas was 57.7p per litre and diesel £1.247 per litre, no issue whatsoever with being allowed to fill the gas and once full hubby went in to pay but was told that they are used to MHs going in and wanting gas and fuel so are happy to wait until they've done both before they pay for them.
That’s good to know, Thanks 👍 Think it was you we saw coming out of Hotham Road South and turning onto Willerby Road.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008

Good to see a positive thread regarding lpg... (y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have a Morrisons about 10 miles away its great for lpg filling. Not just cheap but the lpg pump is very accessible in any size Motorhome. The nearest station to us with lpg is a BP one and the is right in the middle of the pumps a right PITA.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Widely reported that Morrisons don't allow Motorhomes to fill with LPG
Been filling at Morrison’s for years.
Never any problems and a couple of times I have asked them about rumours of HQ issuing orders not to allow motorhomes to fill. Each time it’s been met with something like “That’s the first we’ve heard of it”.
Ignore the rumours and keep on filling there like lots of other motorhomers. Usually a better price too.

Richard.

Nov 7, 2020
Granada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Vision i677 SP
Exp
Since 2018
Never had problems filling my Safefill bottles at Morrisons in Wrexham or my fixed system in the last motorhome we had. First time with the safe fill bottles the woman came out and checked but was quite happy as they were on her ok list.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That’s good to know, Thanks 👍 Think it was you we saw coming out of Hotham Road South and turning onto Willerby Road.
Yup that's the way we went. :giggle:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm confused. :unsure: I thought you were heading up to Scotland a few days ago? EDIT: Just saw on your other thread, hope your feeling better now.
Tsk, tsk .... and you being a founder member of the NMC ... hang your head in shame! :LOL:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
LPG (Autogas) IS HERE TO STAY.. Ignore all the rumour merchants and sooth sayers that this time next year you won't be able to get gas...
Yes you might have to travel further afield BUT it will still be there.
Plenty of stockists still dedicated to it.... if in doubt use Morrison's.. The more we support them the more outlets they will provide.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
We have a Morrisons about 10 miles away its great for lpg filling. Not just cheap but the lpg pump is very accessible in any size Motorhome. The nearest station to us with lpg is a BP one and the is right in the middle of the pumps a right PITA.

I filled at BP here in Poland yesterday and the LPG is also adjacent to the other pumps, so what is the problem? Seems to me just the same as filling there with petrol or diesel, but quicker. Or one could do LPG and diesel.

Geoff

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
I feel vindicated re my obsession with the right hand pump at Podimore services on the A303 near Yeovil!
I went there yesterday to fill up as it’s the nearest one to us, I always moan about the right hand pump but you can drag the left hand pump through and use that one no problem. The men inside always say there’s no problem with it of course!

Yesterday I turned up and there was a man servicing the LPG so it was shut, a nice Welsh engineer. He said I could come back later and the left one would be open but he couldn’t fix the right one this time , it needed new parts! I said I‘d had problems with that one for ages and he agreed they were forever repairing it!

Texaco on A303 near Sparkford was open and cheaper, much easier and the diesel was the same price as Tescos. Not the big garage on the roundabout with the Macdonalds if you’re travelling that way. Will be going there in future.

CamperPru

Free Member
Mar 30, 2014
Cambs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2002
We used to regularly fill up with LPG at our local Morrisons, however the pump was shut down for some time and we were told that they were awaiting parts to mend it. it was out of order for so long that we feared the worse and they would remove it altogether. Last week when filling up the car we noticed that it had been fixed. When we mentioned it to the cashier, she confirmed that it was working but not to fill bottles. As we obviously have bottles but fill via the external connection, does that mean we can no longer use this facility?. We will try away.

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
With an external filling point, which most do, I presume the staff wouldn't argue if you said the mh was a diesel/lpg hybrid. It's a white lie but I don't think it would do any harm.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
No problems with Autogas at Morrisons Boroughbridge (when last called in), or at Morrisons Wisbech and Spalding (recently). (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We used to regularly fill up with LPG at our local Morrisons, however the pump was shut down for some time and we were told that they were awaiting parts to mend it. it was out of order for so long that we feared the worse and they would remove it altogether. Last week when filling up the car we noticed that it had been fixed. When we mentioned it to the cashier, she confirmed that it was working but not to fill bottles. As we obviously have bottles but fill via the external connection, does that mean we can no longer use this facility?. We will try away.
I imagine they don't want people trying to fill 'free standing' bottles, eg standing them on the forecourt, in the back of cars etc, not those which are fixed into vehicles so I wouldn't worry about it, just ensure that you turn off the bottles before going in so you don't have to open the gas locker.

Oct 9, 2019
Joppa
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 Starline
Exp
I've go a fixed underslung tank but haven't tried to top it up yet. In MFers experience will the attendant help you out to show you how to do it first time?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I imagine they don't want people trying to fill 'free standing' bottles, eg standing them on the forecourt, in the back of cars etc, not those which are fixed into vehicles so I wouldn't worry about it, just ensure that you turn off the bottles before going in so you don't have to open the gas locker.
I have an under slung tank so don’t need to open anything to fill up .
Can you explain to me just out of interest how closing the cylinder before filling works please?
It sounds to me that if the cylinder valve is closed then no new LPG can’t get into said cylinder. Is this the case? If it is how does the gas get past the closed valve?
Like I said, to me closing the valve then trying to fill is contrary to how I think a valve works.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
Morrisons Ebbw Vale.

Never been there for LPG, yet.

However I regularly fill my water tank there, never a problem.

Their water tap is at the side/rear of the shop and I park at the top of the supermarket carpark, behind the fuel station for easier access.

Need the usual screw on adaptor and my own hose.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
No probably not...HOWEVER it really is a simple operation.. plenty you tubes to show how.
I've go a fixed underslung tank but haven't tried to top it up yet. In MFers experience will the attendant help you out to show you how to do it first time?

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have an under slung tank so don’t need to open anything to fill up .
Can you explain to me just out of interest how closing the cylinder before filling works please?
It sounds to me that if the cylinder valve is closed then no new LPG can’t get into said cylinder. Is this the case? If it is how does the gas get past the closed valve?
Like I said, to me closing the valve then trying to fill is contrary to how I think a valve works.
They are 2 different things - closing the cylinder means turning the knob on the top so that no gas can flow out and into the vehicle's gas system whilst filling, this is completely separate from the filling inlet into the cylinder which goes from one bottle to another without being impeded at all.

I haven't ever had an underslung tank so can't say whether you have a way to turn it off from the vehicle's gas system however if the regulator is anything like the one we have we can isolate the gas input there.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back