Morrisons Blanket Ban On Refilling All Lpg Tanks And Bottles (1 Viewer)

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Just read it. Can please help me as i cannot find where it states the filling point cannot be in the locker.

I don't think it does. It just says that the filling point must not be fixed to the container. As I understand it an in locker fill point is fine so long as it is fixed and that your locker is properly vented so any excess gas can escape.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Drove past our usual LPG fill up garage (Shell) on the A3 and the electronic price indicator showed that LPG was priced at £0.00. Either they've simply run out or they've been reading this thread:D

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Drove past our usual LPG fill up garage (Shell) on the A3 and the electronic price indicator showed that LPG was priced at £0.00. Either they've simply run out or they've been reading this thread:D

Can't win can we..in case you missed it Shell pulling out of selling LPG

http://search.ft.com/search?queryText=shell+LPG

P.S. you deserve a Funster sticker of the day for the above!:giggle:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Can't win can we..in case you missed it Shell pulling out of selling LPG

http://search.ft.com/search?queryText=shell+LPG

P.S. you deserve a Funster sticker of the day for the above!:giggle:
Not quite the same - this is the wholesale business. Most Shell stations are franchised and I don't think this decision would affect the retail business

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
So just to clarify, I can or cannot fill my calor bottle at morrisons.

Have I wasted £30 on my eBay adapter?

Thanks in advance
just to clarify from another thread, you may well have the Calor police on your ass......

Calor warns about unlawful filling of LPG cylinders at Autogas refuelling sites
Posted on: Monday, August 19, 2013 by Andrew White
This entry was posted in Broken Link Removed. Bookmark the Broken Link Removed.

Calor Gas Limited has issued a safety warning following reports of unlawful and dangerous filling of its portable LPG cylinders at self-service Autogas refuelling sites.
Highly dangerous

Calor has become aware of increasing numbers of people using adaptors to fill LPG cylinders from Autogas dispensers. This practice is not only unlawful but also highly dangerous as there is a strong probability of leaks occurring and cylinders being overfilled.

The filling of LPG cylinders is potentially an extremely hazardous activity, and safe filling requires appropriate expertise and training of operators, use of certified equipment, safe working procedures and a safe environment. Automotive LPG filling stations incorporate safety measures to ensure the safe refuelling of vehicles but they do not include all of the necessary safety elements required for filling LPG cylinders. Furthermore, commercial LPG is supplied in two forms – propane and butane – and filling a cylinder with the wrong type of LPG can lead to serious appliance malfunction and can cause safety devices to fail.

Members of the public who refill LPG cylinders using Autogas refuelling equipment not only create a serious risk to their own safety and the safety of others, but are also contravening UK Health and Safety Regulations, Weights and Measures Regulations and Consumer Safety legislation. These Regulations impose important legal duties on the site operator to ensure the safety of both their employees and members of the public. In the event of an accident as a result of this type of activity, the site operator could be liable to prosecution. Calor is therefore urging Autogas refuelling site operators to be vigilant and take appropriate action to prevent the unlawful and potentially dangerous re-filling cylinders in this manner.

Dr Terry Ritter, Calor’s Head of Health and Safety said “The public might think it is an easy and convenient way to top up a cylinder, but they are actually putting themselves and others at risk of serious injury or even death. Calor has taken successful court action against individuals for unauthorised filling and will continue to do so.”

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I
just to clarify from another thread, you may well have the Calor police on your ass......

Calor warns about unlawful filling of LPG cylinders at Autogas refuelling sites
Posted on: Monday, August 19, 2013 by Andrew White
This entry was posted in Broken Link Removed. Bookmark the Broken Link Removed.

Calor Gas Limited has issued a safety warning following reports of unlawful and dangerous filling of its portable LPG cylinders at self-service Autogas refuelling sites.
Highly dangerous

Calor has become aware of increasing numbers of people using adaptors to fill LPG cylinders from Autogas dispensers. This practice is not only unlawful but also highly dangerous as there is a strong probability of leaks occurring and cylinders being overfilled.

The filling of LPG cylinders is potentially an extremely hazardous activity, and safe filling requires appropriate expertise and training of operators, use of certified equipment, safe working procedures and a safe environment. Automotive LPG filling stations incorporate safety measures to ensure the safe refuelling of vehicles but they do not include all of the necessary safety elements required for filling LPG cylinders. Furthermore, commercial LPG is supplied in two forms – propane and butane – and filling a cylinder with the wrong type of LPG can lead to serious appliance malfunction and can cause safety devices to fail.

Members of the public who refill LPG cylinders using Autogas refuelling equipment not only create a serious risk to their own safety and the safety of others, but are also contravening UK Health and Safety Regulations, Weights and Measures Regulations and Consumer Safety legislation. These Regulations impose important legal duties on the site operator to ensure the safety of both their employees and members of the public. In the event of an accident as a result of this type of activity, the site operator could be liable to prosecution. Calor is therefore urging Autogas refuelling site operators to be vigilant and take appropriate action to prevent the unlawful and potentially dangerous re-filling cylinders in this manner.

Dr Terry Ritter, Calor’s Head of Health and Safety said “The public might think it is an easy and convenient way to top up a cylinder, but they are actually putting themselves and others at risk of serious injury or even death. Calor has taken successful court action against individuals for unauthorised filling and will continue to do so.”

This was tounge in cheek

Didn't think any one would take it seriously !!!!

Sorry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back