Morocco (1 Viewer)

AllanJ

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Funster No
Does anyone know of a company extending MH breakdown cover to Brits travelling to Morocco? (infuriatingly ADAC is not an option because I’m not a member).

We’re also trying to find a company that will insure our dog – been searching intensively but so far without success, any suggestions?

(Looks very much like we’re just going to have to cross our fingers and hope for the best, on both counts, I’m praying we’ll be able to do better than that.)

GBS

Free Member
Dec 4, 2014
northern ireland
Funster No
MH
hymer a class
Exp
Since 1986
No problem just self insure will work out best no problem if still concerned stay at home

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Hi @AllanJ I can't be any help I'm afraid, but just want to say we find insurance a nightmare and it does restrict us a bit in where we would like to go and for how long. So I'm watching this thread with interest. We have Nationwide flex account but haven't looked to see if it covers breakdown in Morocco. We haven't got a dog but I do have a husband with a heart condition so getting insurance for that is a pain. Hope someone turns up with some good advice soon. :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

AllanJ

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Funster No
Hi @AllanJ I can't be any help I'm afraid, but just want to say we find insurance a nightmare and it does restrict us a bit in where we would like to go and for how long. So I'm watching this thread with interest. We have Nationwide flex account but haven't looked to see if it covers breakdown in Morocco. We haven't got a dog but I do have a husband with a heart condition so getting insurance for that is a pain. Hope someone turns up with some good advice soon. :D
Thanks for your kind words :). There's not a lot of interest in this thread unfortunately, most likely because there isn't actually anything positive for anyone to report. Pretty much what I was expecting, but I thought no harm in asking.

There is some postive news however: we've managed to find cover for our dog with Direct Line, bless 'em. This is such a relief.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi I don't know if you have already but if you have not I would put Morocco in the search at the top and the Morocco threads will come up not much that has not been answered on there. Many funsters take dogs to Morocco so I'm sure there will be answers maybe @canopus
If you go enjoy but do read the Morocco threads so much information on them.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks for your kind words :). There's not a lot of interest in this thread unfortunately, most likely because there isn't actually anything positive for anyone to report. Pretty much what I was expecting, but I thought no harm in asking.

There is some postive news however: we've managed to find cover for our dog with Direct Line, bless 'em. This is such a relief.

I think most info has already been covered on the various Morocco threads that exist and maybe your title of just "Morocco" is not catching peoples attention..
There is no organised breakdown service in Morocco, even ADAC is sort it yourself and get a receipt, Comfort insurance is the same as i transfered to them for our 2013 and 2014 trips.. Not seen anything posted anywhere that says otherwise or any new developments..

Taking a spare Fuel filter was always the big thing with rumors of dodgy fuel stops.. Every fuel garage we stopped at made the UK petrol station look really poor.. No issues at all and not even heard of anyone having a problem.
Spare wheel is a must more than anything, one of our 2014 group had a blow out but the campsite got it sorted for us within a day when someone came and took the wheels away, had a tyre send down from Casablanca and fitted. Wheel returned and the guy insisted on fitting.. Thats good old fashioned service.(y)

The older your van the better and they are easier to fix, the modern vans with all the electronics can be more of an issue but never heard of anyone stranded as yet, always someone out there to help you out..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
It's when I got down south and see the Uni Mog campers with 2 and sometimes 3 spare wheels strapped on that I started thinking am I prepared for this. Wonderful country with some great back street mechanics and improvisers. Had my exhaust repaired there using what looked like scaffolding pipe from the scrap yard. My garage man here admires it every year at MOT time. Hate to think how much it eats into the payload though. I trusted in ADAC .

OP
OP
A

AllanJ

Free Member
Oct 17, 2017
Funster No
I think most info has already been covered on the various Morocco threads that exist and maybe your title of just "Morocco" is not catching peoples attention..
There is no organised breakdown service in Morocco, even ADAC is sort it yourself and get a receipt, Comfort insurance is the same as i transfered to them for our 2013 and 2014 trips.. Not seen anything posted anywhere that says otherwise or any new developments..

Taking a spare Fuel filter was always the big thing with rumors of dodgy fuel stops.. Every fuel garage we stopped at made the UK petrol station look really poor.. No issues at all and not even heard of anyone having a problem.
Spare wheel is a must more than anything, one of our 2014 group had a blow out but the campsite got it sorted for us within a day when someone came and took the wheels away, had a tyre send down from Casablanca and fitted. Wheel returned and the guy insisted on fitting.. Thats good old fashioned service.(y)

The older your van the better and they are easier to fix, the modern vans with all the electronics can be more of an issue but never heard of anyone stranded as yet, always someone out there to help you out..
That's all good advice, many thanks, I feel somewhat less concerned now. We have a 2003 Superbrig (complete with spare) I hope it proves old fashioned enough should we break down!

I've done some extensive reading of the Moroccan threads but things change so quickly (like ADAC stopping membership for Brits in October) that I thought it worth asking again ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back