Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
ScotJimland of Link Removed is organising an American RV trip to Morocco in conjuctions with Link Removed in September 2008. His aim is to have a convoy of 10 large RV's in the Desert. I am sure that just the photographs of that convoy would be fanatstic, let alone being part of it. Those of you interested should pay ScotJim's site a visit.

You do not need an RV to go on one of these Moroccan Tours, Ray is running them all year every year in all sorts of motorhomes and caravans. Pop over to Rays site and Link Removed

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You going Jim?

I've put my name down John. I planned to go one day anyway and I figure that to go into the desert with all that back up and good company has got to be a bonus. Expensive trip, but its a special one that is worth saving for I think.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I've put my name down John. I planned to go one day anyway and I figure that to go into the desert with all that back up and good company has got to be a bonus. Expensive trip, but its a special one that is worth saving for I think.

You bet:winky:

Plus Suzy and Bryan riding shotgun:roflmto::roflmto:

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Hi-yah ALL

We have 3 of the min six so it is bound to be a "GO"........

All our tours are great but we at DD are going to work hard [during and pre-tour] to make sure this one is specual..............

Spoke to Jim at RVF an there could be the added bonus of some media attention......

As always, for those already on or thinking about it, ask the questions [always quote RVF]...........

Ray

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Ray, why don't you open an album in the photo Gallery here, I'm sure you some great photo's that the members will enjoy, and it may well kindle their desires to let you take them into the desert::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We're going

We're going I'll have taken early retirement about 6/7 months earlier, could'nt be better.
Ror

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Jim

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Morocco trip sounds great - we are relying on it being an annual event so we may take our turn!!

Sharon

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
OK probably a silly question but here goes, just like you have snow chains for driving in the snow, do you need anything other than the ordinary tyres on the vehicle to drive in the sand?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Sand! what sand, nobody said anything about sand, I thought it was all motorways.::bigsmile:

No worries suzy if we get stuck, ray will drag us out.

Olley

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
dessert tour 2008

Hi Jim. My wife and I have been talking about doing this for years (we went to Tangiers for our honeymoon!! A long time ago!! ) So PLEASE put our names down for it as long as our wee 29 foot kontiki is allowed to go.
Motorhomes amd rv's are made to enjoy!!

chjeers, Tom and Jen

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Jim. My wife and I have been talking about doing this for years (we went to Tangiers for our honeymoon!! A long time ago!! ) So PLEASE put our names down for it as long as our wee 29 foot kontiki is allowed to go.

chjeers, Tom and Jen

Hi Tom and Jen at 29 feet I think we can give you honorary RV status.::bigsmile:

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland

chjeers, Tom and Jen

Hi,
I have added your name to the list on the RVF forum

welcome to the trip.. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back