Free Member
May 28, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
country coach rv
Exp
Good evening

we have booked a trip to morocco in May with desert detours but i am starting to have second thoughts about it, with all of the bad things that i am reading on line. if anyone could give me some advice on going it would be greatly appreciated. many thanks for your help :)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Do it yourself at a fraction of the cost..
Have you not read the Morocco threads of 2013/2014/2015/2016 ???

Lots of info and advise plus the 2017 crowd are just on their way down there now. A great adventure.

Bad things, do you mean about Morocco or DD. ?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Nothing wrong with DESERT DETOURS,,Very experienced company,,Ray the owner has been doing it for years,,What are you worried about? BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
Dont do it, we booked with them but, wife had a medical probllem and not to travel for several months.
Called their office,spoke to the lady to ask for a refund of our deposit, was told no way, we do not return deposits but would get it back if they resold our spot !!
Watched their website and lo and behold it was advertised as full, contacted them again but was then told the deposit would carried onto the next booking we made. Of decided that at that moment we could not plan ahead so years down the line we never did get our cash back.
Hoping to go sometime but will tag along with other funsters who have done it before !
Its your choice as the saying goes , you pays your money you take your chances !!

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/morocco-2016.114428/

Have a read at this thread .....if you have a few hours........... This will give you an insight to what funsters get up to. No horror stories in there.

If you travel with funsters to Morocco, you can tag along or you can do your own thing. If you have vehicle or habitation problems you can post on this years thread and you might even get a funster travel for miles to help you out.

Enjoy........whatever you choose.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
There are about 20 Funsters in Morocco as we speak and another batch leaving Algiceras tomorrow. Forget Desert Tours. Look for the Morocco 2017 thread on here for more info.

OP
OP
jade james

jade james

Free Member
May 28, 2016
England
Funster No
MH
country coach rv
Exp
With regards to it looks like a no then Brian!!! i am new to this i am not very good with computers so i wouldn't know how to add a link!!!! i am talking about the hight threat of terrorism in Morocco.........

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
i am talking about the hight threat of terrorism in Morocco.........

I don't know what that height is but I do know that in Morocco the entrance to every town has road blocks where they grill Moroccans but leave Europeans alone. On every street in town you will see armed Police and armed Military who ignore or help Europeans.

So there might be a threat but the Moroccan government is well prepared.

The Moroccan people are the nicest people you would ever wish to meet. I believe you are safer in Morocco than any big English city. At night we walked the back allies of Moroccan cities in a way we would not in my home town of Manchester.

Just go and fall in love with a wonderfully diverse country, from seaside town to the edge of the Sahara.

Better if you don't drink the water, that is the real danger for European guts. Bottled water is cheaply available.

BC the Romans went there to establish vineyards. Despite Allah frowning on wine they still produce decent wine.

donnaquixote

Free Member
Aug 11, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2015
Hi
Heading for Morocco in about a week and just wondering whether there are any Funsters still there. Trekking in Jebel Siroua area in early April then hoping to go to the Draa and Dades gorges. Would be nice to meet some of you along the way.

Thanks

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Save oodles of wonga, and go with Fun!
I've been twice, and hopefully Jan 2018.
:drinks:

:Grin::Grin::Grin:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Good evening

we have booked a trip to morocco in May with desert detours but i am starting to have second thoughts about it, with all of the bad things that i am reading on line. if anyone could give me some advice on going it would be greatly appreciated. many thanks for your help :)

I did an Andalucia tour with them 3 years ago and it was great,,,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I don't know what that height is but I do know that in Morocco the entrance to every town has road blocks where they grill Moroccans but leave Europeans alone. On every street in town you will see armed Police and armed Military who ignore or help Europeans.

So there might be a threat but the Moroccan government is well prepared.

The Moroccan people are the nicest people you would ever wish to meet. I believe you are safer in Morocco than any big English city. At night we walked the back allies of Moroccan cities in a way we would not in my home town of Manchester.

Just go and fall in love with a wonderfully diverse country, from seaside town to the edge of the Sahara.

Better if you don't drink the water, that is the real danger for European guts. Bottled water is cheaply available.

BC the Romans went there to establish vineyards. Despite Allah frowning on wine they still produce decent wine.
Think the ROMANS were there before Allah,,,BUSBY:D:D

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
WOW, that is open to one big debate.

Very true as ALLAH was used by religions well before Islam and Christianity,,,if applied to Islam i would imagine The Romans probably just beat them to Morocco,,,,May be wrong,,BUSBY:)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
D

DL42846

Deleted User
I did Morocco in my Defender with a group of guys I met on line. We didn't go with any organised tours, we did our own thing although one guy had done it several times. We had a fantastic time. We went into the desert well off the beaten track, got lost twice for three days. The police were great. We could not see them but they were not far out of view. On another occasion one of the guys on the trip went again. This time the police were following about a kilometer behind. At night time the police camped about half a kilometer away. My friend went to see them to ask if everything was ok and to make sure they weren't breaking any laws. The police said everything was fine. They were just there in case of any problems like if anyone got bitten by snakes or anything like that.
As mentioned above somewhere the Police do check what's going on. I think there is as much of a terrorist threat there as there is in Paris or any other large city. The people are very friendly, all of them are out to make a buck but that's part of the fun of Morocco. If you have any old cloths, pens paper take them with you as you can use it to trade. I had a great time and can't wait to go again.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Better do your homework, that could be a fatal mistake if on a long trip or even parts of the UK.
Will give Bradford and London a miss then,,,BUSBY:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back