Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
As you know Link Removeds organising a trip to Morocco. There are a number of members of Fun going, if you are interested or have any questions this is the place to ask.

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

This is just to inform you all that our deposit is paid (for all I know we're probably the last to pay) but just in case, for those that haven't done so yet, doing the transfer was not an easy task really as it would appear that the girl in the bank didn't know as much as I did and that's not much at all :roflmto:

Went to TSB first and they wanted to charge us £30 for it. Told them what I thought of that!! :whatthe:

Then got in touch with Scotjimland and asked if there was another method and he said that Ray would accept a Euro cheque.

So I then got in touch with the bank again and they said they would do it for £15 or they would be prepared to do the bank transfer for £20 at a rate of 1.40 euros to the £. They could not confirm the rate as it would be determined in London so it could be more or it could be less.

At this point I rang the RBS. They gave me 3 transfer options of:
2 business day express for £25
4 business day economy for £18
5 business day budget for £10

So off I went to the RBS bank, completed the form and handed it to the woman behind the counter. She informed me that beneficiary costs would also be incurred but she did not know how much. I told her that this was not the case for payments in Euros being sent to countries marked with a (1). She asked me how I knew that and I told her to look on the back of the form - I was correct. So watch out for that one.

Also Ray said on his information sheet that UK banks sometimes inform you that the Iban number and/or account number is not long enough. If this was the case then the Iban number must be followed immediately by the account number in the same box/row. Initially I only wrote the Iban number down and when I handed her the form she made no attempt to check it so I asked her to check to see if the Iban number was correct. She went away, brought out some paperwork and proceeded to check it, where she promptly replied that it was not long enough and yes I needed to put the account number on as well. So again watch out for that too. :whatthe:

The good thing was that they gave me a rate of 1.4566 which I though was very good. :Laughing
The thing is if the paperwork is not correct then it can cause a lot of unnecessary messing about.

The best thing was when she told me I was not a signatory on the account - so I had to go to the garage and get Geo to sign the form, then go all the way back again. I will be dealing with him later :Mad::roflmto:

Any way the deed is finally done, can't stop thinking about the trip now, I'm really excited and it seems so far away yet. We've been looking at all possible routes - whether to drive all the way through France and Spain or whether to get a ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao and then drive through Spain. The timetable and prices do not appear to be on the website yet though.

I'm sure there will be some useful information when some of us meet at the end of September.

See you soon folks. Have a good un.

Pam

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thanks for posting the info .. :Smile:

Can those who first expressed an interest please go to the Morocco Tour List thread on RVF and post your intentions ..
If you are not going please let us know ASAP.

Many Thanks

Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: Possibly a much better, cheaper and safer way is to go through a Money Exchange:-

Link Removed

I have used these several times to send money to the USA. The charge was £15 and they gave the best exchange rates available at the time. :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi John
Pam opted for the 5 day budget scheme at a cost of £10 and at an exchange rate of 1.4566E to the pound it was by far the best rate offered after checking around
Geo

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi John
Pam opted for the 5 day budget scheme at a cost of £10 and at an exchange rate of 1.4566E to the pound it was by far the best rate offered after checking around
Geo

Moneycorp would today give you 1.478. Horses for courses I suppose?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
What you loose on the roundabout, get's nicked of you on the swings:roflmto:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
These pics were taken at Camping Taghazoute in March 1999 when Morocco was not all that crowded.

The top pic is the Laika 400i we had and the other one is the out door shower we rigged up using the solar bag.

LaikainMorocco.jpg

Shower.jpg

The quality of the pics is not brilliant but they were taken from negatives using the Canon Paxma MP 810 we have just bought. We have thousands of negatives and slides going back almost fifty years that we plan to scan and put on the bosses lap top.

If these pics should be elsewhere just shout out and I'll move them. :Blush:

Don

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No Don they should be here but I cant see any