Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Morocco is looking as a no go for us this year :mad: due to being unable to get comprehensive insurance or only at a 50% levy on the premium ( Not paying that duck). Has anyone found a company willing to issue a green card with their insurers.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Morocco is looking as a no go for us this year :mad: due to being unable to get comprehensive insurance or only at a 50% levy on the premium ( Not paying that duck). Has anyone found a company willing to issue a green card with their insurers.
NFU will do a green card but for third party cover only

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Thanks Robert, I tried them but they were expensive and if I wanted 3rd party I could buy it on entry to Morocco at a lower price

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Which insurers did you try. The green card situation seems to change regularly. We are looking to renew in November with a view to getting a Morocco green card.
( We paid £225 to Comfort earlier this year)

Apr 24, 2019
Pocklington, York, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
10 years
I have followed this thread closely as we intend going to Morocco in January 2020. Consequently have changed to SAGA 3 year policy with RAC breakdown. the policy was very competitive and comprehensive. The deciding factor was that they assured me they will issue me a Green Card for Morocco for free. or (one agent) stated there may be a small fee of £25/£40 depending on length of trip. This compares exceptionally with Comfort who want £25 per week?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Strange, they just told me they are not able to issue any cover for Morocco

How strange
Here is the content of an email they sent me a few weeks ago;

Dear Mr Clark
Thank you for your email.
Morocco was third party only with green card needed.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have followed this thread closely as we intend going to Morocco in January 2020. Consequently have changed to SAGA 3 year policy with RAC breakdown. the policy was very competitive and comprehensive. The deciding factor was that they assured me they will issue me a Green Card for Morocco for free. or (one agent) stated there may be a small fee of £25/£40 depending on length of trip. This compares exceptionally with Comfort who want £25 per week?
Can you let me know how long the policy covers out of the UK, i.e is it 365 or 90 days?

Apr 24, 2019
Pocklington, York, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
10 years
As stated I chose the slightly more expensive 3yr no price increase policy which also includes extra benefits that are optional in the standard "essential" policy. European cover is unlimited the optional breakdown is provided by RAC at £99 Inc European cover max 5 call outs.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks. We are thinking of a return to Morocco next year and have already started looking at insurance. There doesn't seem so much choice as a couple of years ago.

I will give Saga a call tomorrow.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks Robert, I tried them but they were expensive and if I wanted 3rd party I could buy it on entry to Morocco at a lower price

Hi Derek

We ve always got on well with Saga, this year was the first time we had to pay for it £25 for 2 months, we could have had more if we wanted. However this is not the first thread on this subject and it does seem to be a bit of a moving target.

Love to know how you get on.

Jon

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hi Derek

We ve always got on well with Saga, this year was the first time we had to pay for it £25 for 2 months, we could have had more if we wanted. However this is not the first thread on this subject and it does seem to be a bit of a moving target.

Love to know how you get on.

Jon
Is Saga cover fully comp in Morocco ?

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
I think there will be more demand for Morocco insurance after B as people look to extend their time in the sun (warm) away from UK . The more claim data is accrued the more will enter the market (hopefully) :)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It was completely. But for breakdown it was a case of pay first and reclaim funds.

OP
OP
Portland

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hi all thanks for your replies, Saga seem the only company that is covering Morocco without a large increase in premium but I cannot get them to give a clear answer. Thanks to Jongood I will give them another ring and try again using the examples shown here. Inshalar:love:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!

Different policies for different years.
You may have to phone to ask as not covered under Europe.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hi all thanks for your replies, Saga seem the only company that is covering Morocco without a large increase in premium but I cannot get them to give a clear answer. Thanks to Jongood I will give them another ring and try again using the examples shown here. Inshalar:love:
They wouldn't give me a quote until l had committed to renew but indicated that it shouldn't be a problem.

Tbh I'm wondering what has changed; has the risk increased? Or is it just that they've realised they can charge more?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I think the foreign office has it as risky.
Having been twice, I wouldn't worry about going a third time.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I’ve emailed Saga to ask them to confirm if they offer cover for Morocco

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Because this thread has confused me I rang Comfort this morning.
They are still covering Morocco with a fully comp green card for a fee.
Earlier this year it cost us about £225 .

MotorhomersRus

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2010
Barnoldswick
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line
Exp
Robert Clark
I know but didn’t think for one min that there would be a problem with Croatia. Friends of ours have just left them and gone to Safeguard as that’s where they were going this year.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Here’s the email I got back from Sags

SagaHeader

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your recent contact with our office regarding Saga Insurance Services.

Saga Motor Insurance extends its cover to any country that is a member of the European Union or countries that have made an agreement with the European Commission.

Full cover will also be provided if the insured vehicle is being transported between any of the countries that meet with the above criteria and within the United Kingdom or Gibraltar. The documentation, including the Certificate of Motor Insurance, Policy Booklet and a Green Card should be taken as evidence of insurance for the duration of the trip. This cover is free to the insured and is provided for up to 12 months, however, please note that the policyholder or spouse/partner must be travelling in the vehicle as part of the trip.

Whilst Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey are outside of the European Union , a Green Card can be issued for individual trips to the these countries. Unfortunately, cover is unavailable for Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova and Ukraine.
We will require the following information to be provided to issue a Green Card to Morocco if you proceed with a Saga policy.

• The dates you will be travelling
• The countries you will be travelling through
• Will you be returning to UK as part of your trip?
• Who will be driving the vehicle during the trip?
• Will you be towing a trailer or a caravan?

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling our Customer Services Department on 0800 056 9167 where one of our agents will be happy to help you. We are open to 8.00pm and weekends .

Yours sincerely

Sarah Hopkins
Customer Services

-

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back