Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
:doh:

I know some areas need rain but they are not geared up for that !!!!!!
Definatly would not like to be caught up in that, would be bad enough here in Uk...

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
How petrifying! Do we know if any funsters are down there yet? Praying they are safe

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Crikey - we went through Guelmim last year hope its dries up before people arrive there this year. I recall Makems were stuck at Tagazhoute Beach last year after heavy rain plus there had been a landslip on the main road. The wheels on their Burstner were well entrenched in mud which had all dried up by the time we got to Tagazhoute. However Mike dug round all the wheels and placed rocks under the wheels which enabled Gwen to slip out of their pitch unaided and with relative ease.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-30180239

Hope there are no Funsters caught up in this.
It's wrong to like this but thanks for bringing to attention Brian.
However Mike dug round all the wheels and placed rocks under the wheels which enabled Gwen to slip out of their pitch unaided and with relative ease.
We got stuck because I thought the sand was firm but it just had a dry crust over some quite soft wet sand. We drove on it OK but when I put the ramps out and Gwen tried to drive on them the van just dug itself in up to the axles
At this point we were nearly level so we just left it for two weeks by which time the sand was dry enough to get ourselves out.
If you are going to Morocco make sure you have a shovel as you may need it to dig yourself out of a situation like that.
We had a similar situation the previous year too when we were nearly cut off from civilisation (well Zagora to be be precise) by rising flood water and got stuck in soft mud. I had to deflate the tyres that time to dig us out.
I'll never forget seeing a lake 5 miles long and two miles wide in the Sahara desert after the rains that year.
If it rains in Morocco it absolutely pisses down and usually for hours at a time. In 2013 It rained heavily for 36 hours non stop hence the floods.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Very scary indeed ... sad that lives were lost when their need for water is so great

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back