LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Not sure that anything more than third party is available from anyone. Would be good to know.
I thought I heard you could top up at the border but zi may be wrong about that. Hopefully someone will be along with more knowledge.

You can but insurance cover just over the border in Morocco, I believe it’s in Chefchuaen , but I wouldn’t think it would be worth the paper it’s printed on in the event of a claim.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Wonder how long that voyage will take,,and HOW much.? BUSBY.
If they do allow Motorhomes on the crossing from Poole to Morocco I would imagine it would take about 30hours, but it will save about 1500 miles driving down thru France/Spain. Just my thoughts.....

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Wonder how long that voyage will take,,and HOW much.? BUSBY.

I would think about 30hours and probably looking at about 800€euros One way, just my thoughts tho’.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
I will PM it to you as I don't know if posting link to other forums are allowed and I don't want to upset anyone!

Hi there, I
I would be very grateful if you would PM it to me also please.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Lifesure insurance issue a free green card when you insure with them and the are not expensive

I don’t know if Lifesure will cover Morocco tho’. ...Just sayin...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If they do allow Motorhomes on the crossing from Poole to Morocco I would imagine it would take about 30hours, but it will save about 1500 miles driving down thru France/Spain. Just my thoughts.....
It's 30 hours from Portsmouth to Bilbao,,would think you can double that.BUSBY.

madroy

Free Member
Apr 23, 2018
Funster No
Anyone thinking of going Jan 2022 yet?

Probably a bit early to decide but just thinking ahead - hopefully pandemic will be in the rear window. We have been a couple times before with Desert Detours but hoping to perhaps cross over with someone else for company at least through the border so thought I would start a thread.

Anyone thinking of going Jan 2022 yet?

Probably a bit early to decide but just thinking ahead - hopefully pandemic will be in the rear window. We have been a couple times before with Desert Detours but hoping to perhaps cross over with someone else for company at least through the border so thought I would start a thread.
Hopefully going over early Jan after a few wks algarve will keep in touch

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
My experience of Morocco? Wouldn’t go there again,,just my opinion.

Jul 26, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For over 50 years
Very interested. Keep me informed.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
I’d like to think one day we’ll think about going over to Morroco if only to be able to extend the 90 day trip

It’s somewhere we’ve never been and never wanted to tbh, does it have the coastal sites near to towns like Spain has. Is it safe enough, are the locals friendly, how much is the ferry from Spain and how long is it as the missus doesn’t do boats
Al 👍

There are sites very close to beaches, Just as safe as mainland Europe, locals are really genuine and friendly, ferry approximately €200 euros return crossing takes approximately 90minutes, go with an open mind and an equally open wallet they are a very poor nation but very grateful people. You’ll love it.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
Not sure what you mean about departure points. The ferry is from Algeciras?

morocco is not on the red list so minimum requirements on Rene try to U.K. or have I misunderstood your post
I do believe they also sail from Tarifa.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Perhaps share your reasons . It’s Valuable to have opinions from the ayes and the no’s
Honest opinion of how I’ve found it,,,everyone looks at you like they would rather rob you, my wife felt Very scared everywhere we went, she just didn’t feel comfortable here,,,we have travelled all over, not one to be revisited for us,👍

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Honest opinion of how I’ve found it,,,everyone looks at you like they would rather rob you, my wife felt Very scared everywhere we went, she just didn’t feel comfortable here,,,we have travelled all over, not one to be revisited for us,👍
My experience, albeit from 1976 was that the further south i went the more friendly and sincere I found the people. However that was 1976 i'm sure it's changed a lot since then and perhaps other more experienced funsters could tell us whether that is still the case or not.

PG

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter
There are sites very close to beaches, Just as safe as mainland Europe, locals are really genuine and friendly, ferry approximately €200 euros return crossing takes approximately 90minutes, go with an open mind and an equally open wallet they are a very poor nation but very grateful people. You’ll love it.
Can you tell us who you got the ferry through please. I just tried Viajes Normandie the business of Carlos Gutierrez and for both of us with the three small dogs on an open ticket return we were quoted €400

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Can you tell us who you got the ferry through please. I just tried Viajes Normandie the business of Carlos Gutierrez and for both of us with the three small dogs on an open ticket return we were quoted €400
2021 and 2022 pre covid Carlos was charging €180/200 open return.( Don't know about dogs)
Looks like a big price rise. The French will be revolting.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Been three times on a motorbike and also toured using a hire car with daughter and her mate. No issues other than on Marrakesh where occupant of adjacent Riad was making Lewd comments about daughter who was sunbathing on roof terrace.
Would love to do it in a campervan at some point to include the coastal areas
It can get a bit hectic in the bigger cities , but a firm no usually gets the message across.
If you are thinking about going, just do it.

PG

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter
2021 and 2022 pre covid Carlos was charging €180/200 open return.( Don't know about dogs)
Looks like a big price rise. The French will be revolting.
One more excuse for a French revolt.
It is quite a hike but I suppose they are trying to get money back and some operators may be reluctant to come back fully so supply is limited driving up costs, not to mention fuel.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Poole Morocco ferry. Extensive discussion elsewhere including emails to/from proposed operator. If it ever happens it will be freight only, no facilities for m/hs.
Carlos quoted e200 a short while ago, so be very surprised at 400. Need to go to his office, paid 180 just before pandemic.
Never had problems with our dog, no checks anywhere although I guess Spain might have now.
SAGA cover Morocco but no breakdown service.
Read my article in Resources and checkout the Morocco threads.
We plan to return in January.

PG

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter
Poole Morocco ferry. Extensive discussion elsewhere including emails to/from proposed operator. If it ever happens it will be freight only, no facilities for m/hs.
Carlos quoted e200 a short while ago, so be very surprised at 400. Need to go to his office, paid 180 just before pandemic.
Never had problems with our dog, no checks anywhere although I guess Spain might have now.
SAGA cover Morocco but no breakdown service.
Read my article in Resources and checkout the Morocco threads.
We plan to return in January.
Thanks. I saw an earlier comment about SAGA and contacted them yesterday they came up with £424 for me on the three year no increase deal. I also spotted that out of what must be 30 countries, that Morocco was not covered on the recovery service but, they are still better than my current insurance who only cover breakdown in the first 30 days abroad.

I think I will get back to Carlos to find out why its such a high price.

I did download your PDF from the resources section but I have yet to get round to reading it but at least we now have a price for insurance and the ferry so we are making progress.

Lucy wants Christmas in Portugal otherwise I think we would be heading off to Morocco in January too.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
December/January is the cold wet season for Morocco so maybe better to leave it until end of Jan.
As far as I know nobody now offers breakdown cover. ADAS used to but not taking UK customers.

PG

Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Transporter
I asked Carlos the question about the price I was quoted being so high and his feeling was that it would surely drop as we got further into the year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back