Morocco 2020 (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Could you enlighten me a bit on that Borr,,, what's terrible about it and isn't there an alternative?
Ta muchesslottass in anticipation. ??

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Does anyone know why there are so many Morocco flags being put up just about everywhere ?

We have seen thousands in the last few days . They are all in pristine condition.

I've asked people and other than saying it's a fete seem unable to answer " fete de quoi?"

IMG-20200218-WA0002.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Bollox is plural, bollock is singular dear chap,in any event whether one or two there going! :giggle:
You do sound quite determined Borr so I'm resting easy that I'm neither Moroccan nor named Mustapha. ?
On the "singular plural" issue I'm afraid I have to disagree,,, "bollox" has to be singular because if One sticks an "s" on its tail it becomes "bolloks" which is very obviously plural. ???
Although I'm totally "correctoeAbsoluutoe" re this issue of our wonderful language I'm mindful of the fact that I'm in discussion with a mad "bollocks remover" (note I used the "proper plural" there ?) so I'll slink orf back in the undergrowth and please think no more of it.
Hopefully. ?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
You do sound quite determined Borr so I'm resting easy that I'm neither Moroccan nor named Mustapha. ?
On the "singular plural" issue I'm afraid I have to disagree,,, "bollox" has to be singular because if One sticks an "s" on its tail it becomes "bolloks" which is very obviously plural. ???
Although I'm totally "correctoeAbsoluutoe" re this issue of our wonderful language I'm mindful of the fact that I'm in discussion with a mad "bollocks remover" (note I used the "proper plural" there ?) so I'll slink orf back in the undergrowth and please think no more of it.
Hopefully. ?
If one sticks an s on the end of bollox it becomes bolloxs of which there is no such word and in fact as it is a neologism anyway it’s rather pedantic to even begin to discuss the proper use of the Queens English, ;) suffice to say if I had used the word bollocks, then you would indeed be, as you say, correctoeAbsoluutoe, (another neologism) but as bollox can be spoken by many, as in this case, ie don’t talk bollox which probably would also be singular, I do feel that my original use of the term was i accept, slang, but was most definitely in the plural, unless of course you only have one and are overcompensating, in which case I can only wish you well and understand your pluralism! :giggle: :unsure::cheers:(y)

Last edited:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
webby1 billym
If you checked my link, would explain all the flags.....?

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
webby1 billym
If you checked my link, would explain all the flags.....?

Thanks. It's been bugging me for days. I should have opened the link!

No wonder nobody would tell me what was going on.

There are literally thousands of flags now and hoardings being put up all over with the King on one side and the flag on the other.

I wouldn't want to be the one who " caused the monarch's displeasure"

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Agressive staff, packed in like sardines, no view, noisy and expensive. So only a 4*?
Not highly recommend them?!
If we make it to Morocco in 12 months time ??? we'll give that site a swerve!

We've had Moroccan type weather here the last month (Sanluca de Barrameda),,, truly blissful ????
Thanks for your help Borr.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
The guardian parking at El Qualidia (Oualidia) is worth a couple of nights, nice lagoon, allegedly nicest beach in Morocco, Tagine delivered in the evenings made by Ali’s wife, small town and market at top of hill and usual sellers of all description to your van (mainly fish) 30dh a night, cassette dump and “water”
I've read all the Moroccan posts on here from some way back and jolly informative they are too,,, (thankyou) but they do seem to be sadly lacking on the "A" subject,,, dare I say it but there isn't too much info on where you lot get ya booze from?
I could, of coursebe

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I've read all the Moroccan posts on here from some way back and jolly informative they are too,,, (thankyou) but they do seem to be sadly lacking on the "A" subject,,, dare I say it but there isn't too much info on where you lot get ya booze from?
I could, of coursebe
Hate to quote my own post but mid type it disappeared,,, never to be seen again,,, until I launched a really tiresome search to see whereTF it had flown to???!
Anyway,,,
my question is,,, are all you Moroccan fans teaTotal,,,
Or are you able to buy ya beer and wine from somewhere???
I could go without,,, (alcohol),,, but I'd rather not!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hate to quote my own post but mid type it disappeared,,, never to be seen again,,, until I launched a really tiresome search to see whereTF it had flown to???!
Anyway,,,
my question is,,, are all you Moroccan fans teaTotal,,,
Or are you able to buy ya beer and wine from somewhere???
I could go without,,, (alcohol),,, but I'd rather not!
Lidl at palmones!
Have you airides?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Carrefour Essaouira

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Tiznit Municipal site is a dump in a great location. However, it is large and 99.9% French.
They said park anywhere so we did until the French complained and we were told to move. So we left.

What is it about the French and that boring game that they will spend 3 hours in the boiling afternoon sun looking miserable just to throw a ball and pick it up on a magnetic pickerupper. Weird.
IMG-20200218-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200220-WA0006.jpg

We should have joined the Flts across the road.
IMG-20200220-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20200220-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20200220-WA0001.jpg

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Gents! Anyone going down as far as Sidi Ifni ? There are 4 campsites there (Feb2019). If any of you get down there could you check them out for me please. I'm considering staying on one of these for around 6 weeks in Jan 2021 and need them scoped out ! I quite fancy the municipal one at the top of the town otherwise it will be between the two next to each other across from Camping Barco.

The Municipal one .....
IMG_20200222_134241_2.jpg

IMG_20200222_134200_3.jpg

IMG_20200222_134206_8.jpg

The other two are good.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I thought it was illegal to import alcohol into Morocco??? ?
Ha! Ha! That might be the official position but when crossing to Tangier Med in a motorhome just make sure it's not on show. Deny if asked that you are carrying any and leave the odd bottle in the fridge for a bribe. Don't offer it as a bribe just turn your back if the fridge door is opened and look the other way.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Ha! Ha! That might be the official position but when crossing to Tangier Med in a motorhome just make sure it's not on show. Deny if asked that you are carrying any and leave the odd bottle in the fridge for a bribe. Don't offer it as a bribe just turn your back if the fridge door is opened and look the other way.
I guess you're kidding???
Are you kidding???
If you're not kidding, (I think you're kidding) wot sort of "odd bottle"?
Wine, Red or White?
Cognac, Scotch, Vodka???
So many questions,,,
Its hideously embarrassing getting to my age and suddenly finding out that,,, eeerrrmm,,, you're not as smart as you thought you were?! ??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back