MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi I have the co,ords for Anza beach agadir
N30.44680
W009.66088
Hope that's ok
Bad news about Anza, the police arrived at 11pm last night and asked us to move, park for a night came into it's own tho, so all's well that ends well

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
@Hotelman do you know how much it is to park at the mosque in Marrakech? Is it a nightmare to get to we're 8 metres long, I know your a lot bigger,( no pun intended)but I just saw webby1 post !!

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
It is a shame about Anza, they did make us move straight away, now, brave as we like to think we are, driving at night here is the same as the day ,except,you can't see the numptys driving without lights or worse still wandering along the road in black, I would not recommend, I'm sure your as brave as any of us , it's not us westerners fault the Moroccans lovely people as they are, are crazy when on the road

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
@Hotelman do you know how much it is to park at the mosque in Marrakech? Is it a nightmare to get to we're 8 metres long, I know your a lot bigger,( no pun intended)but I just saw webby1 post !!

Hiya, we stayed there Saturday night nice and quiet. Its not as bad as it looks from the road as you go around the corner where there are 8 metre wide bays with powerpoints if you want them. Pricey at 110dh without elec but very handy for the square.

Its not too bad to get too if you know what the koutoubia mosque looks like you can see it from a long way away and coming in from Agadir should be fairly straightforward.

Shame about Anza, we used to love the beach at Tagazhoute

Jon

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
As has been said before and by many others.........Do not drive at night in Morocco !!!!
Not much option when the old bill tell you to move, luckily, the main roads, as you know are lit and we were able to find a new spot within 7km,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
To be honest, I have no idea what the roads look like at night as I have never driven on them. Warnings and advise from more experienced Funsters was fully taken on board. Oddly enough, on our very first trip to Morocco and as we came off the Toll road and were driving towards Essaouira on the duel carriageway we were shocked to see a donkey ambling along, in our direction going on the carriageway. It clearly did not have a care in the world and I can only assume it was in a hurry as it was in the outside lane. Since then we have seen all manner of things on the roads in Morocco. Vigilance is essential.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
You may find this link helpful with respect your question on Drink/Driving.

https://www.rhinocarhire.com/Drive-Smart-Blog/Drive-Smart-Morocco.aspx

As for speed cameras, very common in Morocco as quite a few Funsters have found out to their costs. They are often see near the entrance and exit roads of towns and then sometimes in the middle of nowhere. Some will hide behind bushes etc and one Funster has reported seeing them on a Toll road. The only way to be certain your not going to be caught is to ensure you do not speed. Sometimes hard to do in Morocco.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
1BE2CE78-23BE-42E2-A50E-27C467C69DC3.jpeg
BBE74D4A-EBA8-491D-9989-15803DC51DE4.jpeg
Todays stop 50m from the beach, @Moulay Bouzerktoun Free (y)

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We stayed at the mosque many times in our 9m van. Traffic may be manic, but just keep calm and focus.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Been over 3 weeks and not stopped for speeding, but have been twice in previous years.....time yet, !!!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
@Hotelman thanks for the tip about camping le relais, just got here, lovely place

If you want to go into town (absolutely essential IMO), ask at Le Relais reception and they will arrange a taxi at a reasonable cost. The driver will drop you off and then pick you up at a pre-arranged time from the same spot.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
If you want to go into town (absolutely essential IMO), ask at Le Relais reception and they will arrange a taxi at a reasonable cost. The driver will drop you off and then pick you up at a pre-arranged time from the same spot.
The ‘taxi folder ‘ didn’t seem available yesterday, so booked the taxi directly with the driver when I took SWMBO to the airport this morning, only 300 dhm return, including picking up the drivers mother on the way back, and being given a lovely bunch of mint and rosemary and 2 breads.....it was the green taxi number 1.to be recommended.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
The ‘taxi folder ‘ didn’t seem available yesterday, so booked the taxi directly with the driver when I took SWMBO to the airport this morning, only 300 dhm return, including picking up the drivers mother on the way back, and being given a lovely bunch of mint and rosemary and 2 breads.....it was the green taxi number 1.to be recommended.
How much :eek:

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for that but we've got a moto,so we'll be going in on that

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks webby, we'll go in on the bike in the day to suss it all out and then probably take the motorhome in the next night if him indoors is happy with it, it's easy for me I'm only the passenger, I can shut my eyes

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
For those heading for Tafraoute and the guardian parking in the area where we used to dump the cassetts there are white painted arrows leading to an Asian type loo that they have cemented over a hole so all you need is a bottle of water to flush

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
For those heading for Tafraoute and the guardian parking in the area where we used to dump the cassetts there are white painted arrows leading to an Asian type loo that they have cemented over a hole so all you need is a bottle of water to flush
Thanks for that ! Glad there allowing cassettes to be empties in a designated area. Can you give me the low down on Morning temps. I'm getting conflicting information from online weather sites. One is saying around 10 Deg first thing in morning and overnight, other is saying -3.
How many motorhomes parked up there now ?
Thanks in advance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back