Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Bit disappointed, came to tiznit hoping to get our mh reupholstered and they tell me they only use faux leather, boooo, any ideas funsters ?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Bit disappointed, came to tiznit hoping to get our mh reupholstered and they tell me they only use faux leather, boooo, any ideas funsters ?
I hope your expectations are not to high. I have seen one motorhome with its upholstery done in leather and whist very cheap compared to Europe it looked like it was done in Morocco when finished.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I saw a convoy of at least 15 motorhomes pass out campsite this morning heading south. Probabbly Desert Detours moving into Sidi If no. I would love to be a fly on the wall after they have got a few days travelling under their belt. There must be some right disagreements going on with a group of that size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Arrived late last night we crossed with Trans Mediterranean, 15 minutes thru customs and receiving our A4 import paper.stayed at Tangier Med port last night,
Long drive today ended up at Dar Bouazza parking at sea front, supposedly free according to P4N, parked up and within minutes was confronted by what i can only describe as their village idiot, could not understand a word he was gibbering only dirham, gave him 10 then he was muttering wit his hand out for more so handed him another 10 shake of hands he then came back 20 minutes later gesticulating for more dosh,I told him to take a running jump and for my money back, to which he became aggressive after more expletives we left 20 dinarees out of pocket :mad:. now at a camp site in Dar Bouazza stewing over my loss of 20dh :cry: having a beer or 5

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Arrived late last night we crossed with Trans Mediterranean, 15 minutes thru customs and receiving our A4 import paper.stayed at Tangier Med port last night,
Long drive today ended up at Dar Bouazza parking at sea front, supposedly free according to P4N, parked up and within minutes was confronted by what i can only describe as their village idiot, could not understand a word he was gibbering only dirham, gave him 10 then he was muttering wit his hand out for more so handed him another 10 shake of hands he then came back 20 minutes later gesticulating for more dosh,I told him to take a running jump and for my money back, to which he became aggressive after more expletives we left 20 dinarees out of pocket :mad:. now at a camp site in Dar Bouazza stewing over my loss of 20dh :cry: having a beer or 5
You did put some mileage in Marc. Don't let the greedy twissock spoil your night. I would have stuck a motorbike up his arse and then let Max off his lead :rofl::rofl:. Your timing is brilliant we have wall to wall sunshine. Look forward to seeing you in Tafroute.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Probabbly Desert Detours moving into Sidi If no. I would love to be a fly on the wall after they have got a few days travelling under their belt. There must be some right disagreements going on with a group of that size.

Our first trip was with them. Yes they did say some trips go wrong but ours was fine throughout lovely group. I've kicked myself ever since in terms of cash paid but it was a good holiday.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I claim the 5th amendment.

Oh all right £1000.

Per person.

And I watched all that money in cash being handed over.
At least you had a good holiday, so it could have been worse I suppose. I suspect that was quite a few years ago and suspect their prices have increased by a good margin, especially if the demand is still there and that was at least 15 motorhomes I saw this morning. I need to do the maths now.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just arrived at Kaouke Beach, parked opposite Jon & Sue with Derek and June behind us on the tennis court. Not bothering with electric (at 20MAD per night) as it would only be for heating the water, lot cheaper on gas. Intend to stay here for a while and enjoy the hot sunshine.

Bit concerned about Sidi Ifni, 'twas in my mind to head down that way as we loved the town.

Interesting comments about refilling gas bottles. I was just going to run the gas through the gaslow as recommended but it seems the comment in my previous post has thrown up a better(?)/another way.............

@abforfun thanks for the tip but unfortunately too late. We were going to try the one next to Carrefour in Essouira but after some shopping it was getting a bit late. I'll get the worst off it while here and do it properly later.

I'm sure Derek @Portland will be on here shortly looking for a new mirror.............. I'll let him tell the story!

@PhilandMena I believe it's something like £4000 per unit now for 15 days.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We were offered two pitches at camping Gran Canaria in Sidi Ifni yesterday but they were too small for us.
We ended up with Phil and Mena just outside the town. Plenty of room here although much less than when we arrived.

I expect the tour of 15 was the Dutch NKC lot who are doing the rounds.

Desert Detours was being touted for sale last November. Dont know any more than that.

Our electric step packed in today. A quick phone call from the guardian had two blokes arrive 20 mins later. They took it apart, took it away, came back 30 mins later fixed. Whole thing took 1.5 hours. Cost 300 dhms.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Bit concerned about Sidi Ifni, 'twas in my mind to head down that way as we loved the town.

Terry as @billym states lots of room on here and 80 Mad all in. Three tiers of parking lanes, all with lecce (supposed to be 6 amp but each box is fed with 25 Amps and had 6 sockets. (Mena has been using her 2000W hair drier without a problem)). The campsite has its own aquifer and many are drinking this water and being told its safe to drink. Wifi is good but not quite as good as when I had one of the repeaters to my self but can still stream on it. Showers scorching hot, European toilets etc., etc, Taxi into Sidi Ifni 10 Dihram. We also have the weather now as well.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just arrived at Kaouke Beach, parked opposite Jon & Sue with Derek and June behind us on the tennis court. Not bothering with electric (at 20MAD per night) as it would only be for heating the water, lot cheaper on gas. Intend to stay here for a while and enjoy the hot sunshine.

Interesting comments about refilling gas bottles. I was just going to run the gas through the gaslow as recommended but it seems the comment in my previous post has thrown up a better(?)/another way.............

@abforfun thanks for the tip but unfortunately too late. We were going to try the one next to Carrefour in Essouira but after some shopping it was getting a bit late. I'll get the worst off it while here and do it properly later.

I'm sure Derek @Portland will be on here shortly looking for a new mirror.............. I'll let him tell the story!

£266.66 per day, wow wow :eek:

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Terry as @billym states lots of room on here and 80 Mad all in. Three tiers of parking lanes, all with lecce (supposed to be 6 amp but each box is fed with 25 Amps and had 6 sockets. (Mena has been using her 2000W hair drier without a problem)). The campsite has its own aquifer and many are drinking this water and being told its safe to drink. Wifi is good but not quite as good as when I had one of the repeaters to my self but can still stream on it. Showers scorching hot, European toilets etc., etc, Taxi into Sidi Ifni 10 Dihram. We also have the weather now as well.

They told us it was 70 dhm a night here.
Hope you are not being ripped off!

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Probably a two phase supply you used to get it quite often out in the sticks in France years ago. It was after they uprated the supply voltage from 110v to 220v and used two 110v phases so both lines are live and it will measure 110v between each line & earth.

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Parked next to Anza beach, agadir, beautiful spot ,was boiling hot this afternoon, now it's lovely if a bit windy,

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
We were were at El Barco for four days at Sidi Ifni until yesterday And there were plenty of free places the whole time we were there.Now at Camping Tinnougna near Bouizakarne .Its in the middle of nowhere is very clean and the Berber family couldn’t be more friendly or helpful They have been building it up from scratch,it has a tiny shower block with European loos and water heated by gas .Every afternoon he invites all the campers for mint tea. Cost seems to be 60 dh per night .The only drawback is he doesn’t really speak English His son does but isn’t here the whole time we think he provides pre ordered lunches but we had stocked up at Marajane at Guilem on route so haven’t tried them

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We were were at El Barco for four days at Sidi Ifni until yesterday And there were plenty of free places the whole time we were there.Now at Camping Tinnougna near Bouizakarne .Its in the middle of nowhere is very clean and the Berber family couldn’t be more friendly or helpful They have been building it up from scratch,it has a tiny shower block with European loos and water heated by gas .Every afternoon he invites all the campers for mint tea. Cost seems to be 60 dh per night .The only drawback is he doesn’t really speak English His son does but isn’t here the whole time we think he provides pre ordered lunches but we had stocked up at Marajane at Guilem on route so haven’t tried them

We looked this morning in Sidi Ifni.
El Barco plenty of room
20190205_114041.jpg

Gran Canaria. Seven or eight pitches

20190205_135213.jpg

Sidi Ifni three or four pitches but you can park outside for 50 dh with no ele tric
20190205_113843.jpg

Or here there are shed loads:
20190205_104622.jpg

20190205_104107.jpg

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Why are you paying 80dh @PhilandMena ? says 70 inc water elec etc

View attachment 281939
I have yet to pay my bill Marc, we plan to leave Friday and it will become clear then. The last two comments in Camper Contact said the price was 80 Dirham so I'm assuming that is now the going rate regardless of the 55 Dirham stated in Camper Contact or the 70 Dirham on the billboard outside the camp gates.

OP
OP
River gypsys

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Not sure if you saw my last post but we're on Anza beach at agadir, no one's asked for money yet, it's 7 km outside the town , 3 or 4 cafes along side ,lovely and quiet ,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back