Morocco 2019 (1 Viewer)

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
We are currently on our way south now, intending a few weeks in Spain then crossing end of January.

We're also with Comfort. You'll need to give them the dates you want cover for, I arranged for eight weeks, of course you don't need to travel exactly on those dates, just between them. The paperwork comes out 1st class post to your home address (mine arrived the following day) - I wasn't offered an email and unless you know of someone who has I'd be a bit cautious. Get it done before you leave home.

However when you said two weeks in Morocco is that your actual intention? IMO that would be a complete waste of time and money, you cannot hope to see anything in that time even if you do stay in the northern half of the country. You need an absolute minimum of 4 weeks, 6 is better and 8 will give you the best chance of seeing the best the country can offer. Of course you may have time restraints but really 2 weeks, again IMO, is useless.
Really helpful thank you and your suggestion that 2 weeks wouldn't be worth while and yes we certainly be looking into a longer trip.

Kamelia III

Free Member
Jan 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer 550S 1994
Exp
10 years
We are all new here! Hello everyone!
Just found this thread, and it is so long, so instead of reading all 22 pages I just ask;

We are crossing to Morrocco from Spain somewhere 16 - 20 January. We would love company as it is our first time. Anyone in this group? What date? We are flexible!

The intention is heading down the coast.

Ann & Göran

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Just found this thread, and it is so long, so instead of reading all 22 pages I just ask;

We are crossing to Morrocco from Spain somewhere 16 - 20 January. We would love company as it is our first time. Anyone in this group? What date? We are flexible!

Ann & Göran
Hi we’re crossing around the same time leaving Portsmouth on the 11t your quite welcome to loin us ,we’re travelling with Casey and possibly fivestar

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Re booze
Three Kings weekend lots of places closed @PhilandMena
Yes Dave, Already got the wine just the slabs of beer to get which we will get today. Found the local pub yesterday.
IMG_8091.JPG
IMG_8093.JPG

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Just a quick note about Saga, they only insure Motorhomes under the value of £75 K.:(

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Your comment around "deciding" when to cross has brought this question up and maybe you or other funsters can advise.
Our plan is to drive from Calais through France and Spain to a ferry and then across to Morocco in mid to late February. I called my insurance company today(Comfort) to see what the additional cost would be. They said l would need to give them dates of my intended crossing to Morocco and for how long. I said we hadn't fixed an exact date for said crossing or for how long. When pushed l "offered" a two week period in Feb. She then advised me that my documents would have to be posted to my UK address before l leave and that would take two weeks from my initial application. Does this sound correct and or is there an alternative?
Advice is most welcome.

Since your Moroccan Visa will be issued for 3 months, as previously stated, two weeks won't even give you a taster of the country. If you're thinking of just driving for 8 hours every day you may see a bit from your windscreen, buts that's all you will see. Take advantage of the Visa, and stop over there as long as you're able to

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi there - new on here, so apologies if this is not how its done!
Question - did you get your Greencard sorted? My current insurer won't issue a Greencard for Morocco and I've spoken to 8 companies today (including Safeguard, Scenic, Caravan Guard and Clubcare) and NON of them will issue a Greencard now even if I move my policy to them. The only people who have offered any cover are HIC and that is just 3rd party. I'm at a loss! I thought it would be easy and we're hoping to go there late Jan/early Feb... All the companies say to buy a Greencard at the border, but I can't find any info about how easy that is/how much it costs... am travelling with toddler twins so need to make things straightforward.. any help appreciated.

IMO you would be well advised to join Motorhome Fun so as to keep up to date with others who are travelling over to Maroc. You only get to post a few questions as a non member.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Ann & Göran

See above post

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Just as a precaution we have extended our green card (free with Safeguard this time) for the whole of our trip in case there is an insurance problem should it be a no deal BEXIT Sorry for saying that word.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
edited: our Safeguard green card is for the whole year, so no worries come BEXIT :)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Ok folks a heads up on immigration procedure. We arrived at Carlos for tickets about an hour ago. Firstly, parking has changed once again but not a problem. Either one road further back or near the Mercadona supermarket. Must be 70 motorhomes plus hete today. Anyway, Carlos said as from this year we have to complete our own immigration document at the port before crossing. Authorities want to see owner of vehicle completing document and signing form. Straight forward ad I understand it, just need your V5 and passport and one form to complete. Will find out first hand tomorrow morning when we cross. Got my cake and plonk and only charged 190 euros this time around. Mercadona has beer at around 25 pence a can and 5%. I have left you some ,best deal by far and my springs are well down on this trip. Went to Maccies and it being Sarurday, could not get through the door its more than rammed so now in Carrefour syealing free WiFi and about to use their cafe which is not rammed. Weather is Grrrrreat.

Sep 8, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 2010
We are here too! (Carlos’) just got final beer and other essentials hopefully crossing tomorrow morning. If anyone is around come say hi

BigRJ

Free Member
Dec 30, 2018
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
We’re in mercadona car park,shopping all done anyone on the trasmediterranea ferry in the morning?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Crossed first thong this morning, smooth as will including customs processing. After crossing a copy of your V5 is required and will be returned with vehicle imigration document for exititing. Took the RN1 to Kenitra and that's us for the day. Will overnight hete and possibly drive to El- Jadida tomorrow. Mena is spreading and I have promised not to shout when she fu*s up or my map will disappear out of the window. Also using Maps.Me which is a sort of a work around and between device and Mena navigation, I know I'm guaranteed an adventure. Weather is as you would expect and we will soon be in scorchio territory, or maybe not. That's me untill I find more free WiFi. Safe travels.

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Crossed first thong this morning, smooth as will including customs processing. After crossing a copy of your V5 is required and will be returned with vehicle imigration document for exititing. Took the RN1 to Kenitra and that's us for the day. Will overnight hete and possibly drive to El- Jadida tomorrow. Mena is spreading and I have promised not to shout when she fu*s up or my map will disappear out of the window. Also using Maps.Me which is a sort of a work around and between device and Mena navigation, I know I'm guaranteed an adventure. Weather is as you would expect and we will soon be in scorchio territory, or maybe not. That's me untill I find more free WiFi. Safe travels.
I am guessing that you are on the campsite at Kenitra, if so are the 2 Alsation dogs wandering around on the loose. If so beware, they both went for me last year. Made a right mess of my legs. Having said that it hasn’t put us off, we hope to cross around the 20th. Mind will be giving said campsite a miss.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Do you need to take a copy of V5 for them to keep or do they copy the original on entry?
Thanks.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I am guessing that you are on the campsite at Kenitra, if so are the 2 Alsation dogs wandring around on the loose. If so beware, they both went for me last year. Made a right mess of my legs. Having said that it hasn’t put us off, we hope to cross around the 20th. Mind will be giving said campsite a miss.
Sorry to hear that. The female I saw 20 minutes ago, just had pups by the look of her and very docile, walking around and not bothering anyone ??? As for the other one, No sign of as yet.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

Ann & Göran

Hiya @Kamelia III
It would really only be polite to join the forum as full members if you wish to take advantage of it's benefits. As said you'll then get unlimited posts and access to lots of information and support from other members. Well worth £15

You've had a number of responses from people travelling at your intended time. However if you want to go later we're intending to cross to Morocco 29th January and you'd be welcome to join us too.

See you in Maroc!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Good comment @TerryL, I seem to recall a group of non members who latched onto a Funster group for the crossing and once enough information was obtained, departed the group without so much as a thank you for the freebee!
Anyway, it's 09.00 here in Kenitra with the sun rising and 0. 1 Deg. C. Looks like it's going to be a bright warm day (later) and for those considering using this place as a stopover, I would say it's fine. 60 MAD with Lecce which appears to be working fine, although I have a reversed polarity indication regardless of which way i insert my two pin plug, so have just ignored and seem to be OK. We Will get on the Toll road today and aim for Qualidia. I plan to get down near Agadir in the next 2 days and then further south after that to get the best weather.

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Good comment @TerryL, I seem to recall a group of non members who latched onto a Funster group for the crossing and once enough information was obtained, departed the group without so much as a thank you for the freebee!
Anyway, it's 09.00 here in Kenitra with the sun rising and 0. 1 Deg. C. Looks like it's going to be a bright warm day (later) and for those considering using this place as a stopover, I would say it's fine. 60 MAD with Lecce which appears to be working fine, although I have a reversed polarity indication regardless of which way i insert my two pin plug, so have just ignored and seem to be OK. We Will get on the Toll road today and aim for Qualidia. I plan to get down near Agadir in the next 2 days and then further south after that to get the best weather.
Following on from my comments the other day, the site itself by Moroccan standards was OK. The owner and staff couldn’t do enough to make amends. They provided a car and driver for hospital visits and paid for all the hospital costs. Might be stating the obvious but it was a private hospital. This involved several visits for Rabies injections.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Following on from my comments the other day, the site itself by Moroccan standards was OK. The owner and staff couldn’t do enough to make amends. They provided a car and driver for hospital visits and paid for all the hospital costs. Might be stating the obvious but it was a private hospital. This involved several visits for Rabies injections.

Can’t believe they still allow them to wander off a leach ? btw Phil what’s the price on diesel ?

Sep 8, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
Since 2010
I have purchased a data sim from Maroc telecom this morning for my iPad after a bit of a dodgy start it works fine but I wanted to use it as a personal hotspot so hubby could use his phone as well. When I tried it says contact your carrier. I went back to the shop but it is now closed. Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
I seem to remember there is a form that I can download which once filled in saves time at campsites regarding the booking in procedure .Can anyone tell me where I can download this ?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
And you'll find a copy at the end of my Resources article, plus I think there's a link in there to someone else who produced a handier version. It's on my home computer ('cos I used it before we came away) but that ain't a lot of use is it?

It's actually designed for use at the various police/army checkpoints in the very south and in Western Sahara, but has all (and more) of the info asked for by campsites.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I have purchased a data sim from Maroc telecom this morning for my iPad after a bit of a dodgy start it works fine but I wanted to use it as a personal hotspot so hubby could use his phone as well. When I tried it says contact your carrier. I went back to the shop but it is now closed. Has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Don't think it's the sim card that's the problem, you need to set up the Ipad to be a local hotspot - know less than nothing about them though so you'll need to RTFM. :roflmto:

fivestar

Free Member
Apr 29, 2015
somerset
Funster No
MH
lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks TerryL and Suggy have found it and made copies .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back